Who gets your game ball?

Game Ball  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Who gets your game ball?

• Mario Williams (4.5 sacks, 6 tackles)
    • EJ Manuel (296 yards, game winning TD, first NFL win)
    • Stevie Johnson (8 receptions, 111 yards, game winning TD)
    • Kiko Alonso (10 tackles, INT, sack)
    • Robert Woods (4 receptions, 68 yards, crucial 2 points conversion)
    • Leodis McKelvin (blanket coverage on Smith, 5 tackles, 3 passes deflected)

Definitely Mario Williams, the man could not be stopped. Even when double teamed he had pressure.

The defense was outstanding, especially after surrendering two FG's after the two turnovers deep in their territory.

E.J., Stevie, Spiller & Woods came up big too, but I have to point out the play of Leodis McKelvin.

He did great against Steve Smith and made play after play. Way to go Leodis.

Mario had a great game, but come on....your rookie QB takes the team down the field in the final two minutes for a winning TD for his first NFL win??

EJ, hands down.

The whole reason he had to do that was because he handed Carolina 6 points on the previous two drives. If the D wasn't playing lights out it's 10 or 14 points and he doesn't have the chance.

The whole reason he had to do that was because he handed Carolina 6 points on the previous two drives. If the D wasn't playing lights out it's 10 or 14 points and he doesn't have the chance.

I understand what happened, but still....it's your rookie QB's first W.

300 yards passing and a GW drive for a touchdown with no TOs isn't earning it?? :blink:

All I'm saying is that D deserved it more. I like EJ. I think he showed promise. I also think that without his 2 turnovers we win that game easily and there is no need for the last minute comeback. I think he will get many game balls. Yesterday I think our defense bailed him out, although it's not as memorable as the 2 minute drive.

Edited by Captain Caveman

I liked what Doug Marrone said in his post-game locker room speech, giving game balls to Ralph and Russ Brandon for giving them the opportunity to succeed. To me the biggest difference between the team now and those of years past is Ralph handing the reins over to Russ (although that might have been a necessity given Ralph's age) and Russ understanding that he's a business guy and letting the football guys make the important personnel decisions. Whaley, Marrone and company were able to pick the guy they believed in and it seems to be paying off. Hooray for a new era in Bills football!!!