• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I never said that.

I only said what he has to improve on.

He definitely has the arm.

In pre-game warmups he was slinging 40 hard passes with the flick of his wrist.

What you said was "he sucked for 58 minutes." So a couple of miscues that happen to all QBs and he sucks? That isn't being a little dramatic? Take away the final drive and Ej "sucked" with 21/31 245 yds. :doh: I'm not sure if you are just trolling for reactions or you really are that absurd.

PTR

What you said was "he sucked for 58 minutes." So a couple of miscues that happen to all QBs and he sucks? That isn't being a little dramatic? Take away the final drive and Ej "sucked" with 21/31 245 yds. :doh: I'm not sure if you are just trolling for reactions or you really are that absurd.

PTR

Dude he routinely didnt throw to wide open receivers and instead opted for safe short throws instead. The times he did throw long they were WAY overthrown. He missed TWO touchdowns because of overthrowing WR's. He also had a horrible INT, fumble and almost another interception. Not to mention he checked down over and over and over again.

That's not a "few" miscues.

Read the game thread. People over and over again were talking about how bad he was playing.

If you want to insult me, then come at me with some facts. Not bull ****.

PTR

I'm guessin he was leading the charge a few years ago saying JP Losman was better than Eli.

Dude he routinely didnt throw to wide open receivers and instead opted for safe short throws instead. The times he did throw long they were WAY overthrown. He missed TWO touchdowns because of overthrowing WR's. He also had a horrible INT, fumble and almost another interception. Not to mention he checked down over and over and over again.

Read the game thread. People over and over again were talking about how bad he was playing.

count me in the minority who were rather optimistic with EJ's performance from the start. I actually supported the team for all 60 minutes in this thread. I must be an idiot.

He played like a rookie. He checked down. He made mistakes. He threw a very bad INT and coughed up a fumble.

He also had a lot of poise and composure. He showed leadership and professionalism. He showed command. It was clear that his team mates respect him.

In my opinion, those criticizing him are not taking his youth/lack of experience into account enough.

This is not a personal attack on you - nor is it an attack on anyone criticizing EJ.

We're all entitled to our opinions.

I think the kid did a phenomenal friggin job, personally. And I was saying that when the Bills loss looked imminent.

Go Bills!

Dude, there isn't ANYTHING he doesn't need to work on....this is why people are hacking on you. It's just kind of obvious that a rookie QB - especially one who missed half of the preseason games - isn't going to be Peyton Manning out of the gate.

Whoa there. He has a ton to work on.

1) not locking onto receivers

2) not going through his progressions too fast

3) pocket awareness

4) when to use his legs

5) intermediate and deep ball accuracy

6) timing on timing routes

Whoa there. He has a ton to work on.

1) not locking onto receivers

2) not going through his progressions too fast

3) pocket awareness

4) when to use his legs

5) intermediate and deep ball accuracy

6) timing on timing routes

Read what I actually wrote.

He played like a rookie. He checked down. He made mistakes. He threw a very bad INT and coughed up a fumble.

He also had a lot of poise and composure. He showed leadership and professionalism. He showed command. It was clear that his team mates respect him.

In my opinion, those criticizing him are not taking his youth/lack of experience into account enough.

This is not a personal attack on you - nor is it an attack on anyone criticizing EJ.

We're all entitled to our opinions.

I think the kid did a phenomenal friggin job, personally. And I was saying that when the Bills loss looked imminent.

Go Bills!

Good post.

GO BILLS!

I do find Marrone / Hackett's offensive game plan a good bit conservative for my liking.

I'd like to see more killer instinct. Hopefully, the more EJ shows what he can do, the more they take the training wheels off and let him go. The balance of CJ and Fred was refreshing, even if it didn't always reveal its merits throughout the game.

I agree with you on all counts. It certainly appears the coaching staff is reigning in EJ. I think it's just a matter of time.

So lucky, but I'll take it, a win's a win. :D

I disagree. Winners want the ball down the stretch. He came in cool calm and collected and ran his 2 min offense. He may take his lumps along the way his rookie season but EJ is a winner. His attitude is something we haven't had in a longtime.

LV

I just hope EJ works on his accuracy like everyone said he should...this 69% completion percentage is just not acceptable!

I wanted the Bills to draft EJ, and think he has been better than I would have expected. But his stats in this game are VERY misleading. The stats suggest he was accurate and efficient and he wasn't either. He missed a ton of passes. I'm so happy we have him, and the final drive for the win was awesome and legendary, but he did not have a good game overall at all until the brilliant end.

I wanted the Bills to draft EJ, and think he has been better than I would have expected. But his stats in this game are VERY misleading. The stats suggest he was accurate and efficient and he wasn't either. He missed a ton of passes. I'm so happy we have him, and the final drive for the win was awesome and legendary, but he did not have a good game overall at all until the brilliant end.

If 69% completion rate, nearly 300 yds, 1 TD, 1 INT, and a last minute win are misleading, then I hope EJ continues to mislead us!

Edited by ajzepp

BuffaloBills.com just reported that EJ is the first QB since 1960 to have QB rating >89 in first two starts.

Just more nonsense from the NFL and their propaganda campaign, making us Bills fans think we have a half decent QB when really we dont!

Edited by ajzepp

FACT: 296 yards on 27 throws = 10.96 yds. avg. completion. If that's checking down then I want more, please.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

If 69% completion rate, nearly 300 yds, 1 TD, 1 INT, and a last minute win are misleading, then I hope EJ continues to mislead us!

I love EJ. He may already be my favorite Bill. Stats are sometime very indicative of how a player plays and also often not indicative. EJ engineered a 80 yard TD drive to win the game in 1:38 with no timeouts. That alone, even if he threw four INTS, has to be considered a good game. It's MUCH preferable than great stats and a loss. But that doesn't mean he had a great game. He didnt. He wasn't accurate. He missed wide open receivers that would have been long plays and scores. There were about five third downs he checked down to players and completed the passes that helped his stats and completion percentage that I would much prefer if he was 1-5 and one of them was a 12 yarded for a first down.

He's a rookie. Again, I love him. I'm thrilled he's our QB. He didnt have a good game overall until that drive. That drive negates everything that happened before because he got a win. It doesn't negate that he missed a lot of throws and made some bad decisions and ESPECIALLY that his stats look great and are very misleading. His stats, if you didn't see the game, infer he was very accurate. He wasn't.

I love EJ. He may already be my favorite Bill. Stats are sometime very indicative of how a player plays and also often not indicative. EJ engineered a 80 yard TD drive to win the game in 1:38 with no timeouts. That alone, even if he threw four INTS, has to be considered a good game. It's MUCH preferable than great stats and a loss. But that doesn't mean he had a great game. He didnt. He wasn't accurate. He missed wide open receivers that would have been long plays and scores. There were about five third downs he checked down to players and completed the passes that helped his stats and completion percentage that I would much prefer if he was 1-5 and one of them was a 12 yarded for a first down.

He's a rookie. Again, I love him. I'm thrilled he's our QB. He didnt have a good game overall until that drive. That drive negates everything that happened before because he got a win. It doesn't negate that he missed a lot of throws and made some bad decisions and ESPECIALLY that his stats look great and are very misleading. His stats, if you didn't see the game, infer he was very accurate. He wasn't.

I think what is lacking from your viewpoint is perspective...if Tom Brady went out there and had the performance EJ had today, people would say he was a bit off on a few of his passes, but he came around and got it together in the end like he often does. But we're not talking about Tom Brady, and before the season if someone took a poll of Bills fans and gave them this scenario, pretty much everyone would consider this a great job by the kid. But in terms of the actual stats, you guys point out that he can't hit the long ball...combine that with what PTR posted regarding his 10+ yard per completion stat...obviously the guy hit a lot of passes today - nearly 70% of them for just under 300 yards. Those stats are indicative of productivity, regardless of how you spin it. I don't recall all sorts of dump off throws where there were all sorts of YAC. EJ came out in the 2nd half throwing it all over the field. He involved EIGHT different receivers today.

So while I understand that he missed throws, saying that he played poorly for the first 58 minutes is just not something I can understand at all.