Mark Sanchez: "I won the QB Competition"

KDIGGZ

I think this is all moot at this point since Sanchez is likely out for the season now if he has surgery? No way he will perform at an acceptable level if he doesn't have it done imo.

The article says he's not having surgery. He's rehabbing and planning on coming back soon as the starter

I believe NFL network had a what if scenario that played out if Favre didn't go to Jets and instead they traded Rodgers to Jets --- in that scenario, Bills land Sanchez --- glad we didn't see that -- not only having both Rodgers / Brady in same division, but wasting years with Sanchez ! ----- nothing worse than a QB that provides "false hope" --- I see that in a few QB's around the league (Romo, Dalton, Alex Smith) -- I thought Flacco was one, but he proved me worng last year --- maybe Ravens got lucky with him getting on hot streak

I believe NFL network had a what if scenario that played out if Favre didn't go to Jets and instead they traded Rodgers to Jets --- in that scenario, Bills land Sanchez --- glad we didn't see that -- not only having both Rodgers / Brady in same division, but wasting years with Sanchez ! ----- nothing worse than a QB that provides "false hope" --- I see that in a few QB's around the league (Romo, Dalton, Alex Smith) -- I thought Flacco was one, but he proved me worng last year --- maybe Ravens got lucky with him getting on hot streak

I don't think having Sanchez would have been any worse than having Edwards and then Fitz for the past few years. Plus if we drafted him then we wouldn't have drafted Maybin. I guess the only positive out of that scenario is that Rodgers didn't end up in NY. we have enough to deal with

Now Rex is saying that its not true, Mark didn't win the competition:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000243638/article/rex-ryan-i-never-said-mark-sanchez-won-jets-qb-job

But he also didn't say Geno won either. He's leaving the door open for Mark to return if Geno continues to choke

Edited by kdiggz

Sanchez did play better than Smith and likely would have started if he was healthy. But getting hurt instead was probably just what the Jets' brass wanted.

Playing Smith gives them two benefits: they get to find out if he can be the real deal and it gets their fans re-engaged. Jets fans are so happy to not see Sanchez on the field they will give Smith a free pass all year.

They'll cut Sanchez after the season and he'll spend the rest of his career as a backup.