Mark Sanchez: "I won the QB Competition"

KDIGGZ

How long would it take to try to rehab the shoulder without surgery ? And is there a guarantee he can throw effectively and without pain ?

Reminds me of the Ron White You Can't Fix Stupid routine.

In Sanchez' case, it doesn't matter how many surgeries or how long he rehabs. You can't fix sucks

yeah, that hair band just screams "WINNER"

Ha! Thanks for the gut laugh! Think about it...half of QB'ing is decision making. He actually made the "decision" to sport those hair bands. Who could trust his ability to make decisions after that? I wonder if he was wearing it on the butt fumble play...

• 3 weeks later...

NFL.com is reporting that Sanchez is going with the surgery finally. He is now done for season. Was unlikely that he would have been able to forego the surgery to begin with.

He is probably done with the Jets at this point if Geno continues to show some potential . Do you think the Bills should consider bringing him in as a vet backup? He did take his team to the AFC championships two years in a row.

NFL.com is reporting that Sanchez is going with the surgery finally. He is now done for season. Was unlikely that he would have been able to forego the surgery to begin with.

He is probably done with the Jets at this point if Geno continues to show some potential . Do you think the Bills should consider bringing him in as a vet backup? He did take his team to the AFC championships two years in a row.

He's a mess, and that's before the injury. No thanks. His upside is marginal success, at best. Let him try to accomplish that somewhere else.

I'm sad. Not for Sanchez but for the fact that I had been holding out hope he would come back in the next few weeks demanding the QB job and it would turn into a circus and then Geno would play 1 bad game and the idiot fans would demand he be benched thus killing his confidence. Oh well, it could still happen. They are high on Simms so maybe he will emerge as the starter some time during the season