Just re-watched the bills pats game on NFL game rewind....

Wazzu Bill

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am finally asking...

How long does it take to watch these games on rewind?

Can I switch in game to different views?

Would it be worthwhile to watch it and break down the plays a little?

I realize there is a free preview going on but have yet to try it. I have a busy week coming as hay is ready to cut but may try it this weekend.

Condensed games are 30 minutes long.

Only two views: what you see on TV and the "ALL-22" view which you pay extra for.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

After watching the vision and patience of LeSean McCoy on Monday Night, I am even less thrilled with Spiller. This has been the case with Spiller his entire career, but he can't break tackles, not even arm tackles. McCoy looked worlds better. Darned.

And whether it was Freddie, or how the Pats played our Offense when we switched up backs, it was obvious Freddie was producing better. Gotta go with the hot hand, Spiller had a bad day and Freddie a good one, go with Freddie. That is on the coaching staff.

Spiller led the NFL in yards after contact last year...

Another seriously misinformed post.

Seriously though, is the coaches film only the first quarter for everyone? I'm loving it, but want more!

I got it on my tablet to go to the second qtr...

I have to respectfully disagree. Stupid & untimely penalties, drops, turnovers, and sloppy tackling in the 4th quarter, combined with a few exceptional catches by Danny Amendola, are what made the difference.

Putting this one squarely on the shoulders of CJ is misguided IMO. He absolutely contributed to the losing effort; that I can agree with.

The penalties were not that bad. Often times we recovered from them. We needed to outscore and outgain the pats... we didn't. spiller didn't help

I have not seen the replay of the game, so a question for those who did.

How was it that Fred Jackson was able to have a better game than CJ?

From what I saw Fred hit the line full speed like always. CJ hesitated momentarily after getting the ball and all the little creases freddy found were long gone.

Everyone at the game knew penalties were the issue. We were flipping out about them. especially the missed holding calls on the pats.

running out of shotgun with spiller is just bad, put him in a one back set and let him got to work. very predictable offense.

Speaking of missed New England penalties, did you see the play just before the last INT Geno through, when Santana Moss was CLEARLY held all the way across the field and when he finally got free, he was shoved to the ground with the ball in the air? It happened right in front of a Ref, and it ended up hitting Moss while he was on the ground! No call. Incomplete pass. Nothing to see here!

I'm not a big conspiracy theorist, but boy, when you see the missed calls in the Bills game, and then you see that, it does make go hmmmmmmmmmmm!

The two Bills turnovers were forced by the NE defense.

The three Patriots turnovers were unforced, they happened due to the sloppy play of NE.

I haven't gone back and looked at the turnovers; however, I distinctly recall on Spiller's fumble that he was losing the ball before he ever got hit

just rewatched too heres my take on some players Mario- tried hard on every play but if it was a run WAS WAY OUT OF POSITION AND DIDNT DO ****

I disagree. I posted on page 1 of this topic that i would re-rewatch the game to look at Mario, the OTs, and the Safeties. Done.

Mario is a loafer.

When the play is a pass, he's active only if he thinks he has a chance to get the QB.

When the play is a run to his side, he tries to clog things up instead of force things, break through, etc. (some of you will say "we dont know his assignment, he has to set the edge, blah blah blah. I get that. But he can do much better). He doesnt look hungry at all.

When the play is a run to the other side, fuggedaboutit. I think that word plays in his mind during the play. (and dont tell me about backside contain. I get that too. But i'm talking about his light jogging instead of running and looking for the best angles. He's basically not really giving a F***. "Oh, the runner is coming back? Well my other guys will get him")

Finally, he is never ever on the ground. He's not diving, he's not tackling. Its kinda like his whole goal is to be able to say he did his job. Which is fine, except when the highest paid defensive player in the NFL isnt even the best player at his position on the field.

(And i'm not crying about the money, because its not my money. But what are we getting for it? He is not feared, and shouldnt be).

Edited by maddenboy

I disagree. I posted on page 1 of this topic that i would re-rewatch the game to look at Mario, the OTs, and the Safeties. Done.

Mario is a loafer.

When the play is a pass, he's active only if he thinks he has a chance to get the QB.

When the play is a run to his side, he tries to clog things up instead of force things, break through, etc. (some of you will say "we dont know his assignment, he has to set the edge, blah blah blah. I get that. But he can do much better). He doesnt look hungry at all.

When the play is a run to the other side, fuggedaboutit. I think that word plays in his mind during the play. (and dont tell me about backside contain. I get that too. But i'm talking about light jogging. Not really giving a F***. "oh, the runner is coming back? My other guys will get him")

Finally, he is never ever on the ground. He's not diving, he's not tackling. Its kinda like his whole goal is to be able to say he did his job. Which is fine, except when the highest paid defensive player in the NFL isnt even the best player at his position on the field.

(And i'm not crying about the money, because its not my money. But what are we getting for it? He is not feared, and shouldnt be).

Thank you for your assessment. When I watched the game and focused on him it seemed as if he was playing with disinterest. I made that observation on another topic and got responses from others that were the opposite of what I felt. I get the sense when watching him that he has little passion for the game. There are sporadic bursts of high effort plays interspersed with too many plays where he is simply invisible to the action. I find this very troubling. If Pettine and Marrone are tough coaches there will be some conflicts arising with him.

Edited by JohnC

The realists know that you can't have a new QB, OC, DC, HC, and expect too much. But it was great to check in on a BUF/NE game and find a close game.

I've seen the replay 3 times now. I liked what I saw. Agressive D play, turnovers , D players right there when the ball was , etc. O Line and EJ stood right up and played. Penalties and turnovers did them in, not play from scrimmage. So a lot to be positive about. They will get there. Couldn't say that with Fitz and crew. EJ + Woods + TJ greater than Fitz, Jones and Nelson. No question , talent level is rising. LG and some other positions are disasters but cannot fix it all in 1 year.

From what I saw Fred hit the line full speed like always. CJ hesitated momentarily after getting the ball and all the little creases freddy found were long gone.

That's what I was thinking too. It seemed to me Fredex picked a spot and hit it hard while CJ was dancing around as the defense closed in on him. Sometimes he was running into 3 or more defenders because he was too indecisive.