Wealthy people seen begging, standing in soup lines

Tiberius

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.usatoday....oorest/2793343/

Not! No, we can't afford anything in this country! Cut more middle class government jobs, we need a tax break, lol.

This proves it. The GOP is right. More tax cuts for the wealthiest Americans is the only way to go. How are the rest of us supposed to get jobs in the coming years if they aren't pulling in at least 22% of the income?

gatorman[/b]' timestamp='1378862540' post='2904347']

Not! No, we can't afford anything in this country! Cut more middle class government jobs, we need a tax break, lol.

Bigfatbillsfan[/b]' timestamp='1378865610' post='2904390']

This proves it. The GOP is right. More tax cuts for the wealthiest Americans is the only way to go. How are the rest of us supposed to get jobs in the coming years if they aren't pulling in at least 22% of the income?

alice_tweedlesdumanddee_cropped.jpg

So a study discovered that the top 1% experienced 86% income growth - which is apparently bad - during a time span when the stock market tripled - which, as it happened under a Democratic administration, is apparently good.

How do you people even reconcile your own belief system with itself?

Middle class government jobs??

Government doesn't exist to create unnecessary jobs moron.

Your right, let's toss more Americans under the bus, good plan

So a study discovered that the top 1% experienced 86% income growth - which is apparently bad - during a time span when the stock market tripled - which, as it happened under a Democratic administration, is apparently good.

How do you people even reconcile your own belief system with itself?

Sorry, this is refuting the idea spread by you morons that Obama is somehow destroying the wealthy and the belief spread by you right winger that welfare people have all the money

Sorry, this is refuting the idea spread by you morons that Obama is somehow destroying the wealthy and the belief spread by you right winger that welfare people have all the money

:doh:

Who the !@#$ ever argued that people on welfare have all the money?

Edited by meazza

Forget it. No point debating with dave.

Obviously, but I'm going to repost some data, which I've shared here before, which decimates his "argument".

The United States Government does not have, nor has it ever had, a revenue problem. The United States Government has a spending problem. I'll break it down for you.

- The federal government collected over $11,000.00 in tax revenue per citizen over the age of 18 in the year 2010

- The federal government spent over $18,000.00 per citizen over the age of 18 (and that is accepting official figures, which tend to understate spending)

- The median income for citizens over the age of 18 in the year 2010 was $25,149.00

What does this mean? It means that the federal government is spending more than 70% of everything it's citizens earn. Can a nation sustain itself under this kind of spending burden? Can it's citizens?

You've got it wrong. The 'morons' here have been arguing that President Obama's plans will actually hurt the poor and middle class. That has been a consistent theme here. So far, you'd have to say they were right. The wealthy are doing just fine. It's the poor and middle class that have gotten squeezed, just like folks here predicted.

Obviously, but I'm going to repost some data, which I've shared here before, which decimates his "argument".

The United States Government does not have, nor has it ever had, a revenue problem. The United States Government has a spending problem. I'll break it down for you.

- The federal government collected over $11,000.00 in tax revenue per citizen over the age of 18 in the year 2010

- The federal government spent over $18,000.00 per citizen over the age of 18 (and that is accepting official figures, which tend to understate spending)

- The median income for citizens over the age of 18 in the year 2010 was $25,149.00

What does this mean? It means that the federal government is spending more than 70% of everything it's citizens earn. Can a nation sustain itself under this kind of spending burden? Can it's citizens?

This is all total bull. Per citizen? Read the article at the start of the thread. The point is that $11,000 a 1% isn't jack. Their tax burden could be higher and their life style wouldn't even be affected if you generated 20% more revenue from them. You are using averages to disguise the very point that there is a huge stratification of wealth in the nation. And please do not read anything into this that I have not stated, like the crap about 100% taxation. Your straw men are silly

No, it's a serious question. If you taxed the wealthiest 1% at a rate of 100%, how much revenue would it raise?

Who cares? It's not going to ever happen

This is all total bull. Per citizen? Read the article at the start of the thread. The point is that $11,000 a 1% isn't jack. Their tax burden could be higher and their life style wouldn't even be affected if you generated 20% more revenue from them. You are using averages to disguise the very point that there is a huge stratification of wealth in the nation. And please do not read anything into this that I have not stated, like the crap about 100% taxation. Your straw men are silly

Let me ask you. If you had 20% less income would you be personally affected?