MNF Initial Obversations:Robert Griffin III is a famewhore

bobblehead

You think? Understatement. It is like he is the only player to EVER have knee surgery. Then the RG3/Shanahan/Dr. Andrews triangle, Operation Patience T-shirt, his surgeon is on the sideline, good lord. Will the drama never end. Then he screams at his team in the huddle "This game is about more than just one person!" Oh thanks, Robert.

Just thought I'd share.

You're right. He's a colossal talent when healthy but no doubt disgustingly full of himself. His fashion photoshoot was more hilarious than Sachez's. Ever see that thing he does with his arm and wrist in his practice throws? What flare!

You would never see Luck act like that.

Maybe what we find out in due course is that he doesn't have the ideal personality to lead a team of adult professional players in the long run.

You think? Understatement. It is like he is the only player to EVER have knee surgery. Then the RG3/Shanahan/Dr. Andrews triangle, Operation Patience T-shirt, his surgeon is on the sideline, good lord. Will the drama never end. Then he screams at his team in the huddle "This game is about more than just one person!" Oh thanks, Robert.

What was he gonna say? "This game is about ME!." I swear, some people don't understand media coverage =/= what the player wants. RG3 has to act big. He has to get interviewed every second. That's his job. The NFL wants his jersey to sell, they want larger than life players. ESPN wants interviews with big name players. They want spotlight coverage.

RG3 may enjoy the attention a little bit, but so would everyone else on the planet. A lot of humans are egomaniacs. If RG3 gets invited to a photoshoot, the Redskins org. wants him there. He's not actively searching out reporters to talk to. He needs to put up the "confidence" for his job.

What was he gonna say? "This game is about ME!." I swear, some people don't understand media coverage =/= what the player wants. RG3 has to act big. He has to get interviewed every second. That's his job. The NFL wants his jersey to sell, they want larger than life players. ESPN wants interviews with big name players. They want spotlight coverage.

RG3 may enjoy the attention a little bit, but so would everyone else on the planet. A lot of humans are egomaniacs. If RG3 gets invited to a photoshoot, the Redskins org. wants him there. He's not actively searching out reporters to talk to. He needs to put up the "confidence" for his job.

Luck and Russel Wilson also are megastars. They just don't act like that.

Agreed, but why did we not look like that yesterday? I think Hackett was too conservative yesterday calling plays.

Maybe a little, but the Pats* also weren't turning the ball over every drive - more often than usual, but not remotely as much as the Redskins did the first half. The 'skins offense was horrific.

Luck and Russel Wilson also are megastars. They just don't act like that.

Luck and Wilson are nowhere close to the "media darling" status as RG3. I'm sorry, it's just the way it is. The media picks a guy who made some big plays and is likable enough, and they talk and focus on him incessantly. Basically it should be called the Tebow effect.

I'd take him on my team tomorrow. He is an out and out baller. And a quality person.

That's what I used to think, too. Now I think he is far too full of himself. It also doesn't help that Danny Boy is now one of his close personal friends. It is all about RG III, not about the team.