Leodis McKelvin is great, Kiko Alonso sucks

jumbalaya

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game was lost because of the turn overs and the penalties. It's not complicated.

I disagree. We were up by a point in the fourth despite all the penalties and turnovers...they still could have won. It was the three and outs (especially the last one where we took no extra time off the clock) that lost the game ultimately.

I disagree. We were up by a point in the fourth despite all the penalties and turnovers...they still could have won. It was the three and outs (especially the last one where we took no extra time off the clock) that lost the game ultimately.

you do realize this fabled time off the clock you whine about amounts to a total of 26 more seconds max we could have taken off a game clock that was at nearly 6 min when we started the drive. And on top of that, Brady wasted well over a minute to end the game and wasnt even in his 2 min offense. He had WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more time than what we could have taken off with taking 26 more seconds off.

This rant by people complaining about more time not being taken off that drive is unbelievably ridiculous

you do realize this fabled time off the clock you whine about amounts to a total of 26 more seconds max we could have taken off a game clock that was at nearly 6 min when we started the drive. And on top of that, Brady wasted well over a minute to end the game and wasnt even in his 2 min offense. He had WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more time than what we could have taken off with taking 26 more seconds off.

This rant by people complaining about more time not being taken off that drive is unbelievably ridiculous

Whose whining?

Hurry up offense works....but so does a change up in pace. And taking time off the clock is not a bad thing. The facts are we gave them all that time to get a FG and leave us with 5 seconds. Period. You can cry and name call all you want.

Anyone who believes Buff shut down the running game is clueless. When a team averages 4.5 yards per carry, they were not shut down.

People who believe we did a good job against Brady are also missing something. His receiving corps might be the worst they will see this year. The Bills lost to a decimated offense. If not for a bunch of undisciplined penalties the Bills could have won though. Considering they spent the pre-season taking penalties in bunches it is hard to believe that the pattern will stop.

Going forward, Spiller will get better and Manuel will shine, so the future is bright if the team and head coach gets smarter. I wonder if they will get smarter, tbough.

Leodis played a great game today. This defensive backfield could be stellar once Gilmore comes back. For all of the Leodis haters on this board, you were all wrong.

And for those that anointed Kiko the next great player, he was invisible all day today. He got chewed up by the Pats line. The run defense was horrendous.

Ahh yes of course, 1 game decides everything! McKelvin did play well, but in case you didn't notice the Pats don't have much viable receiving talent on their roster (The 2 they did have ate us up, Edelman/Amendola despite Amendola having a serious injury). We all want this to be a sign of things to come from McKelvin, but lets wait until he matches up with Steve Smith, AJ Green, Julio Jones, ect. before we declare him an all-star, not Kimbrell Thompkins.

Secondly, Kiko played pretty for his first game in the NFL. Actually the defense in general played pretty well considering who they were going up against, and the injuries they have suffered.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

Kiko made a few standout plays but on a play by play basis, he was getting swallowed up and disappearing on runs up the middle. Needs to get a lot better, and learn to shed; I think he will. Not a bad start, but not very impressive either. When he's not disappearing on runs up the middle I'll call it impressive.

Kiko was invisible? I guess I watched a different game.

Agreed. I seen him all-over the place. It seems like everyone is expecting Kiko and EJ to be world beaters coming out. They're Rookies... Not All-Pro NFLers. Where is the criticism on Mario Williams, Marcel Dareus??? They should be scrutinized not Kiko or EJ...

Kiko got that 4th down recovery at the 1. So, no he was NOT invisible today.

AND... Was there to stuff the run on 3rd down which was the key play and the play we used to ALWAYS allow to score. Then on next play he recovered the fumble but without that key 3rd down stop, there is no 4th down fumble to recover. He was not perfect but def. showed he's a play maker. I think he will develop into a very solid mike.

This game was lost because of the turn overs and the penalties. It's not complicated.

EXACTLY.. the D kept us in the game. The TD drives were both on EXTREMELY short fields, both after fumbles. And the not only did we get a ton of penanties, they came at AWFUL times.. Wiping out some big first downs. Early on the 19 yard pass to Woods over middle and the worst one had to be the hands to face on that 3rd down pass to Freddy where he made the catch Stevie missed (and it was a harder catch and he;s a RB not our "#1 WR"..

If we play more disciplined and open up the O a bit more this and sustain drives and hopefully get Woods more looks in passing game. He is flat out a better player and much better after the catch than SJ13

Anyone notice the OP posted once and barely posted anything at all other then Kiko sucks. AKA troll thread to create board drama.

If the OP is the one that started this thread, it was me. But I did not post the title that Kiko sucks or McKelvin is great. Someone hacked it. I did think that McKelvin had a great game. When watching the game I saw a few plays where Kiko got blown up by the oline. I did not see the next coming of Butkus as this board has already tagged him. I thought our run defense was largely ineffective against second tier backs as our pass defense got ripped up by third tier WRs especially on that last drive.

Alonso has him some learnin' to do. and he will in my opinion. the communciation was very good within the defense i thought for a somewhat "new" team. Alonso is very fast and hits hard. I love that !

Leodis played very well. But what stood out to me was He knew where the football was and made plays on said football.

I was like a proud Dad. Way to step up Leo !

oh and i feel M D did a fine job with his effort he played strong every down and used his leverage well

If the OP is the one that started this thread, it was me. But I did not post the title that Kiko sucks or McKelvin is great. Someone hacked it. I did think that McKelvin had a great game. When watching the game I saw a few plays where Kiko got blown up by the oline. I did not see the next coming of Butkus as this board has already tagged him. I thought our run defense was largely ineffective against second tier backs as our pass defense got ripped up by third tier WRs especially on that last drive.

two points to counter. The defense had something like 91 plays run against them so i gotta think they were getting tired . And Bellicheck and brady can use fairport high school juniors and still score touchdowns . they may not win but they will score.

Those are not excuses for losing just a counter point.

For the first time on the field i expected much worse from the Bills. Room for improvement ? oh hell yes no one will deny that .

But this sunday will be a huge test for the Offense against a nasty defense and our defense better play disciplined against Newton.

I think Panthers will be tougher test by far