I'm afraid Chan was right about Spiller

FireChan

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the defense completely keys on Spiller because he is so explosive. So when he gets the ball they are swarming to him. For this reason he has to be used as a decoy a lot which he was not. Also, the run scheme was so damn predictable. Hike it to EJ in the shotgun. Hand it to Spiller right next to him. They'll have to get more creative with the run than that. By the way, I was one of the few who said Chan was using him right.

Well, the defense completely keys on Spiller because he is so explosive. So when he gets the ball they are swarming to him. For this reason he has to be used as a decoy a lot which he was not. Also, the run scheme was so damn predictable. Hike it to EJ in the shotgun. Hand it to Spiller right next to him. They'll have to get more creative with the run than that. By the way, I was one of the few who said Chan was using him right.

So when Fred gets the ball, defenders don't swarm to him?

:lol:

No, we just used our eyes to actually watch the game. Then we thought for a minute with the brains in our heads and all pretty much agree that Chan was probably right. Spiller looked pretty bad today. People here seem to think he is in the same class as AP. They aren't close.

I had the first pick in my Fantasy league. It was almost a coin-flip for me between AP and CJ.

I chose wisely.

So when Fred gets the ball, defenders don't swarm to him?

:lol:

Not with the same intensity and anticipation. It is part of the defenses gameplan to "stop Spiller". It is basically one their keys to the game. If they stop Spiller, they think they'll stop the Bills offense. Therefore, they are anticiapating him getting the ball and ready to swarm him immediately. Since Fred is not as explosive, it is not as big a part of their defensive gameplan. Because of this, it is easier for Fred to find holes.

Edited by The Voice of Truth

Spiller CAN"T handle the ball every down. He gets hurt. Period.

When? When does Spiller get hurt? Please explain your urban legend that isn't true

Call me cynical but I thought that looked just like CJ. He has had that same problem since I watched him in college.

Then you should never be allowed ever to evaluate players of any team, game etc. CJ was amazing in college. CJ had an amazing year last year too. You clearly have literally no idea what to look for in a RB

When? When does Spiller get hurt? Please explain your urban legend that isn't true

Then you should never be allowed ever to evaluate players of any team, game etc. CJ was amazing in college. CJ had an amazing year last year too. You clearly have literally no idea what to look for in a RB

He was amazing as a change of pace back last year. He was mediocre as an every down back.

spiller is better when he spells another back for a breather. no way he lasts an entire season as a full time back. seriously, does he have asthma or something related?

Seriously? Where does this board come up with this gibberish and made up information? CJ killed it when Freddie was OUT...hurt..OUT...NOT Playing. I have never seen a teams fan base hate on such a talented player on their team who wants to play for that team, is a great teammate, etc.

This board has become almost unbearable

Poor exCuse of an offense. . It was the same set in the backfield the entire game. . Same run plays either left or right. . No counters no miss direction no fullback no going under center. ... no getting spiller out in the open. . Just bad beat offensive scheme and play calling. .

Offensive line run blocking was spotty in the first half and better in the second. The guards were letting NE D linemen penetrate specially on the counter play with CJ. They will refine their run packages to the ones that work the best. CJ bounces back next week.

very astute observation. the bills line had very little success opening lanes. freddy is better at making his own gap but once through the line there was nothing.

having the plays somewhat telegraphed did not help either. however, a lane is a lane and they were few and far between. downfield penetration by the bills o-line was nearly non-existent. basically a failing grade on OL run blocking today.

Edited by jethro_tull