Geno Smith's attitude

billsgpr88

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HAve to call BS on this. Ok to rip the guy because he is awful but what good does it do to watch tape of Revis as a NYJ? Different defense, different scheme, and coming of knee surgery he will be a different player.

Hope you ripped Stevie for not knowing who played safety for the Patriots???

ya know...... SJ13 WAS watching 2012 tape of the pats when he was asked a direct question about it. Sooo no ripping Stevie. Did you really compare one guy watching tape, to a guy who said (and a rookie QB) he wont? Come on man

They are so quick to get rid of Sanchez(which many of us would agree with but ...) I think they are blinded by the shiny new toy. They should learn the idiom: Better the devil you know ...

I still think Sanchez could lead a team like KC, or the Vikes to the playoffs. I would have taken him over Fitz. I know its a what have you done for me lately league, but when he had offensive weapons, he beat a lot of talnted QB's in the playoffs.

This is probably overblown because of the NY media. I think he meant "I don't need to study the guy because I'm not throwing to him, period." Maybe he was tired, maybe he was annoyed with the line of questioning, I dont know, I havent seen the transcript or tape. Does anyone actually think he didn't study Revis at all?

He obviously picked a very poor choice of words to use here because (A) the media went nuts with it (B) this will be huge bulletin board material for Tampa and © if/when Revis gets a pick on Sunday this is all everyone is going to talk about in the post game presser.

The kid is a rookie and New York is a lot different than Morgantown. He'll have to learn real quick this garbage can't come out of his mouth or he's gone. Compounded with the fact (right or wrong) he's had this "bad attitude" it doesn't look good.

I think we can all agree the real person to blame is Jay-Z. Where's the PR prep Hov???!!

ya know...... SJ13 WAS watching 2012 tape of the pats when he was asked a direct question about it. Sooo no ripping Stevie. Did you really compare one guy watching tape, to a guy who said (and a rookie QB) he wont? Come on man

I still think Sanchez could lead a team like KC, or the Vikes to the playoffs. I would have taken him over Fitz. I know its a what have you done for me lately league, but when he had offensive weapons, he beat a lot of talnted QB's in the playoffs.

I wouldn't. The Jets' top 5 defenses those years were what carried that ship. 2009: Jets D #1 overall; 2010: jets D 3rd overall; 2011 Jets D 5th overall. A lot easier to be a QB when you can play it safe and don't have to put up 40pts a game to guarantee a win.

It will be interesting to see how this board is going to be when the following results happen on Sunday.

Bills - W, Jets - L - Board - Glad Bills made the right choice in picking EJ ahead of Geno.

Bills - L, Jets - W - Board - I told you so....EJ sucked and will suck...They should have picked Geno. Jets will have the last laugh

Bills - L Jets - L - Board - This years QBs suck. We need to get the 1st pick next year for Bridgewater

Bills - W Jets W Board - I am glad the Bills got EJ and the Jets got Geno....Both are winners!

Regardless of anything on how EJ does or does not succeed, Geno Smith has had bust written all over him since months before the draft. All sorts of folks who had been doing deeper analysis of his performance at WVU were ripping him.

When draft day came I was VERY relieved when the Bills didn't take him.

I wouldn't. The Jets' top 5 defenses those years were what carried that ship. 2009: Jets D #1 overall; 2010: jets D 3rd overall; 2011 Jets D 5th overall. A lot easier to be a QB when you can play it safe and don't have to put up 40pts a game to guarantee a win.

my dad is a jets fan. I have watched almost every game Sanchez has played. We'll just disagree about him.

That being said, you kinda make my point. you're 150% right about the defense. Agree with every point you made.... But I'll ask you, do remember how he played in those games? I'm not trying to say he is elite, or even great, just that the NY circus killed everyone on that team.

Edited by JaxBills

You know it!! Loved that guy...favorite teacher ever...demanded a lot of you but made learning fun...

Had him for biology and AP Bio where over half the class got a "5" on the test(including me), which is a huge accomplishment for a college level class...

SJCI Class of 1987

my dad is a jets fan. I have watched almost every game Sanchez has played. We'll just disagree about him.

That being said, you're 150% right about the defense. Agree with every point you made.... But I'll ask you, do remember how he played in those games? I'm not trying to say he is elite, or even great, just that the NY circus killed everyone on that team.

Living in the NYC area and listening to WFAN and ESPN radio all day, i'm forced to listen about the Jets literally 24/7. I kinda feel bad for sanchez and how it turned out for him....but he was put into a great situation when he came to the jets: great running game and elite defense - can't get any better than that. The more he was eventually asked to do, the worse he got. Granted, the franchise as a whole is a circus and he'll be better off leaving. If you put a top 5 defense on the bills the last 3 years with Fitz, i'm fairly confident we would've made the playoffs all three seasons. Edited by bobobonators

It will be interesting to see how this board is going to be when the following results happen on Sunday.

Bills - W, Jets - L - Board - Glad Bills made the right choice in picking EJ ahead of Geno.

Bills - L, Jets - W - Board - I told you so....EJ sucked and will suck...They should have picked Geno. Jets will have the last laugh

Bills - L Jets - L - Board - This years QBs suck. We need to get the 1st pick next year for Bridgewater

Bills - W Jets W Board - I am glad the Bills got EJ and the Jets got Geno....Both are winners!

I don't think anyone on here is talking about Geno Smith if the Bills win on Sunday, regardless if the Jets win or lose.

Living in the NYC area and listening to WFAN and ESPN radio all day, i'm forced to listen about the Jets literally 24/7. I kinda feel bad for sanchez and how it turned out for him....but he was put into a great situation when he came to the jets: great running game and elite defense - can't get any better than that. The more he was eventually asked to do, the worse he got. Granted, the franchise as a whole is a circus and he'll be better off leaving. If you put a top 5 defense on the bills the last 3 years with Fitz, i'm fairly confident we would've made the playoffs all three seasons.

I agree with you. That's why I wouldn't call him great. I never thought he could carry a team, but they stripped away his run game, gave him little talent to throw to. If he were a bill last year, would Fitz out play him? Sanchez threw six TD's with 0 int in his last playoff run. I think the Jets had an orginizational collapse. Not a QB collapse.

PS, most of our turn overs were caused by Fitz.

Edited by JaxBills

Living in the NYC area and listening to WFAN and ESPN radio all day, i'm forced to listen about the Jets literally 24/7. I kinda feel bad for sanchez and how it turned out for him....but he was put into a great situation when he came to the jets: great running game and elite defense - can't get any better than that. The more he was eventually asked to do, the worse he got. Granted, the franchise as a whole is a circus and he'll be better off leaving. If you put a top 5 defense on the bills the last 3 years with Fitz, i'm fairly confident we would've made the playoffs all three seasons.

Yup.

Gino is going to be a HUGE bust. I love when he ran out of the endzone in the preseason game. If he were on another team besides the JETS perhaps I'd like him a bit more, but I thought he'd be bad before the draft, and nothing he has done has proven that prediction incorrect so far. As long as he is a JET, I will root against him.

I don't think anyone on here is talking about Geno Smith if the Bills win on Sunday, regardless if the Jets win or lose.

I really don't care about Gino, other than (1) he plays for the Jets, so I hope he looses and is awful. As long as the Bills win, I'm happy.

Two things:

Attitude is no great predictor, unfortunately. Otherwise Fitzpatrick would be in the Hall of Fame, and Rapistburger would have flamed out.

This thread will be interesting to pull back up if Geno ends up being the real deal and EJ ends up being the second coming of Trent Edwards (not saying that's going to happen, I truly don't know), and everyone will be screaming about how they KNEW Geno would be great and EJ would suck.

considering all of the possessions fitz gave way I wouldn't agree with that. But I do think we would have won more games.

When winning or tied, Fitz threw 9 TDs to 3 INTs and had a QB rating of roughly 90.

When losing, Fitz threw 16 TDs to 13 INTs and had a QB rating of 80.

Not suggesting he's a hall of famer. But it was pretty clear that when we were down and desperate, he took more chances.

Edited by Dorkington

When winning or tied, Fitz threw 9 TDs to 3 INTs and had a QB rating of roughly 90.

When losing, Fitz threw 16 TDs to 13 INTs and had a QB rating of 80.

Not suggesting he's a hall of famer. But it was pretty clear that when we were down and desperate, he took more chances.

Exactly - hence what I said that it's a lot easier playing QB when you know you don't have to put up 40 points every week in order to have a chance to win.

Exactly - hence what I said that it's a lot easier playing QB when you know you don't have to put up 40 points every week in order to have a chance to win.

how many times did poor decisions by fitz, put us down early? im not trying to turn this into a "what if" Fitz had a defense conversation. My only point is that Sanchez is a good QB still. Not great. And with weapons around him, he can make plays to win big games. Like I said before, 6 TDs to 0 Int in his last playoff appearance. Regardless of who the Jets start, unless they fix the coaching and managing issues, is probably going to fail. Edited by JaxBills