fukushima

Pete

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are reasons they don't talk about stuff like this. They don't know what it means yet. They're still gathering information and still trying to figure out a plan of action. If they go and put "breaking news: biggest threat to humanity ever blah blah" then everybody goes into a panic. You never want a mass of people going into a panic. That's why these things aren't talked about on the news.

There's also the simple fact that the article is scientifically incorrect, having apparently been written by a hydrocepahlic monkey who knows jack **** about nuclear materials. I stopped reading when they said exposing plutonium to air would cause a thermonuclear reaction, and haven't stopped laughing since.

There's also the simple fact that the article is scientifically incorrect, having apparently been written by a hydrocepahlic monkey who knows jack **** about nuclear materials. I stopped reading when they said exposing plutonium to air would cause a thermonuclear reaction, and haven't stopped laughing since.

Exposing plutonium to a DeLorean will cause time travel.

Perhaps the author has confused "cause a thermonuclear reaction" with tarnishing and oxidization. I mean, c'mon, it's basically the same thing. AMIRITE?!?!?!?!

Though I think his target audience might be the "Guam is in danger of capsizing" crowd.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

Perhaps the author has confused "cause a thermonuclear reaction" with tarnishing and oxidization. I mean, c'mon, it's basically the same thing. AMIRITE?!?!?!?!

Though I think his target audience might be the "Guam is in danger of capsizing" crowd.

You mean people like Pete?

Actually, most of us that can think might make the connection that it's a Russian news site and what was actually said may have been lost in translation.

Read my post again. That's not what I said. Do you have another straw man you want to try to assert?

A straw man like "lost in translation?"

Point of note: it's an article written in English, based on a transcription of an interview conducted in English, where the English-speaking "expert" used the English word "thermonuclear." Most of us who can think would realize that it being posted on a Russian site is completely irrelevant. And most of us who can think and know some Russian couldn't find the Russian-language copy of that article on the site, anyway.

Try having some idea what the !@#$ you're talking about next time.

A straw man like "lost in translation?"

Point of note: it's an article written in English, based on a transcription of an interview conducted in English, where the English-speaking "expert" used the English word "thermonuclear." Most of us who can think would realize that it being posted on a Russian site is completely irrelevant. And most of us who can think and know some Russian couldn't find the Russian-language copy of that article on the site, anyway.

Try having some idea what the !@#$ you're talking about next time.

Holy ****, Now you know "some Russian" now? :w00t: :w00t:

You're either a regular Einstein or a total poser and liar. You can guess which one I'm leaning towards can't you.

The fact that it was posted in English on a Russian site is very relevant.

Solar power is the future, and not that far off from being a major player!

Wait, are you telling me that we can somehow "catch" energy that falls from the sky?

Holy ****, Now you know "some Russian" now? :w00t: :w00t:

You're either a regular Einstein or a total poser and liar. You can guess which one I'm leaning towards can't you.

Enough Russian to know the difference between termoyiaderniye and piroforniye. Vy debil.

The fact that it was posted in English on a Russian site is very relevant.

The fact that you don't even know it's not a Russian site is even more relevant.

Enough Russian to know the difference between termoyiaderniye and piroforniye. Vy debil.

The fact that you don't even know it's not a Russian site is even more relevant.

"The Voice of Russia" is not a Russian site. Wow go figure.

Wow you are really an idiot. And a !@#$ing moron. And a Wednesday.