fukushima

Pete

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then you should know it's an English language site.

I believe you're the first person on the board her to demonstrate functional illiteracy in more than one language. Amazing. :lol:

Though I'm enjoying going on this straw man tangent to see what bull **** you're going to assert you still haven't addressed the fact that my argument is that what the article claims is lost in translation. Not whether or not The Voice of Russia is or is not a Russian site. And by the way, it is a Russian site.

I believe you're the first person on the board her to demonstrate functional illiteracy in more than one language. Amazing. :lol:

Oh, and I almost forgot: you're the first person on the board her to demonstrate functional illiteracy in more than one language. Amazing. :lol:

I mean really, if you are going to fly off on some rant about literacy or lack thereof shouldn't you at least proof read before posting?

Your argument is that we should dismiss what's written, because something abstract may have been lost in translation, though we can't be sure if anything has, nor of what, specifically, would be lost, because you don't read Russian, and we don't have a Russian language copy of the manuscript?

Really?

Though I'm enjoying going on this straw man tangent to see what bull **** you're going to assert you still haven't addressed the fact that my argument is that what the article claims is lost in translation. Not whether or not The Voice of Russia is or is not a Russian site. And by the way, it is a Russian site.

The fact that it's not a Russian site, but an English one, addresses your bull **** assumption about translation. You don't know, you haven't bothered to check, you're just being ornery in throwing out an unfounded hypothetical in a misguided and thoroughly unsuccessful attempt to put me in my place. Vy mudilo.

The fact that it's not a Russian site, but an English one, addresses your bull **** assumption about translation. You don't know, you haven't bothered to check, you're just being ornery in throwing out an unfounded hypothetical in a misguided and thoroughly unsuccessful attempt to put me in my place. Vy mudilo.

This still does not address my argument. Keep asserting the straw mans Tom. :thumbsup:

God? :wub:

Tom seems to think he's God...

Then let's try this:

It's not a translation, you !@#$ing tool. It was written in English.

Written by a person who spoke English as a first language? Or Russian? Or Japanese? Because all the people in this article do not speak English as a first language we know there has to be some translating going on. And therefore a possibility that something is lost in translation.

You know when a thread has completely gone off the !@#$ing rails when the sanest post is gatorgirl's kitten/puppy dog/rainbow farting unicorn post about solar power.

Talk to Tom about that one. I didn't drag it off the rails.