Updated Roster at 55 - next cuts?

With the roster now to 55 players, there are some questions to be answered: 1. Who are the last 2 players to be cut? 2. Who will the Bills seek to acquire before Week 1?? I think DT I. Cross is next in line to be cut I've heard that the Bills are trying to trade B. Scott, which is curious. Dowtin can play ILB and OLB so he could be the #4 ILB. Dowtin and Westerman, who Pettine had with the Jets look to be safe. Troup or C. Bryant could gone as well. One would have to think that the Bills are looking fo some help at CB (M. Trufant is available), backup QB (Bills may only keep two and let Lewis go once Manuel is cleared to play), backup OL (add a player to Legursky with Legursky hurt), and possibly backup TE (a very weak group IMHO).

WR Stevie Johnson Robert Woods Chris Hogan

LT Cordy Glenn Thomas Welch

LG Colin Brown

C Eric Wood Doug Legursky

RG Kraig Urbik

RT Erik Pears Sam Young

TE Scott Chandler Lee Smith Chris Gragg

WR T.J. Graham Marquise Goodwin Marcus Easley

QB EJ Manuel Jeff Tuel Thaddeus Lewis

FB Frank Summers

RB C.J. Spiller Fred Jackson Tashard Choice

RE Mario Williams Jerry Hughes Jamie Blatnick

DT Kyle Williams Jay Ross Izaan Cross

NT Marcell Dareus Alan Branch Torell Troup

DE Alex Carrington Corbin Bryant

WLB Nigel Bradham Bryan Scott

MLB Kiko Alonso Arthur Moats

SLB Manny Lawson Marcus Dowtin Jamaal Westerman

RCB Stephon Gilmore Justin Rogers

SS Aaron Williams Da'Norris Searcy Jonathan Meeks

FS Jairus Byrd Duke Williams

LCB Leodis McKelvin Ron Brooks Nickell Robey

K Dustin Hopkins

P Shawn Powell

LS Garrison Sanborn

Edited by Just Jack
fixed formatting and title

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Urbik was a solid pickup off the camp cuts a few years ago. One can hope another good prospect of that pedigree is available. Who knows. I doubt they will find more than one scrap-heap guy who is a really strong contributor, though.

The Bills are actually pretty good at that. That is either good scouting or bad depth

Getting a vet CB is a must with Gilmore expected to miss at least 6 games. Maybe even trade for one. I would be on the lookout for a decent vet QB to pickup as well. T. Lewis could be a good developmental player, but he's not ready to help us now if needed. With Legursky injured and not how long he'll be out the Bills might be forced to sign a vet OC/OG to backup Wood.

I would have to think they pick up a guard and another OL and a CB. They really,really need a Guard. No update on Legursky. Last they said is that it was probably a major injury. Can't imagine they would go into the season with no backup guards and no backup center. What the heck will they do during a game when someone gets injured? It always happens. No depth whatsoever.

This is thread cluttering TSW with subject matter already being discussed in a pinned thread that :censored: everybody can already see. a good thread. Kudos to I wish the OP for summarizing.would stop populating TSW with unnecessary threads and instead post some fresh content for discussion.

Fixed that for you Noob. :D

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

This is a good thread. Kudos to OP for summarizing.

Agreed, got no time to go through 15 pages of the usual drivel.

Hogan stands out like a sore thumb... and I can see more than 1 of the other scrubs dumped for waiver wire pick-ups.

I think we'll see a vet CB added, which is why C. Butler was released. With only 5 CBs on the roster and Gilmore out for at least 6 games you've got to think that Whaley will sign a vet CB. If we assume that that happens then 3 guys have to go. I'm going to say that Cross and C. Bryant get cut. After that it could be any one of many players including QB T. Lewis (if Manuel is healthy enough to start), Troup, Welch, Westerman, or even J. Rogers or Meeks. OT J'Marcus Webb (Bears) is too good to not get picked up pretty quickly. CB M. Trufant is a quality player. TE T. Scheffler would compliment Chandler and L. Smith well. QB D. Dixon (Eagles/Steelers) has experience and is better than what we have behind Manuel. DT Ant. Garay (Jets) was a surprise cut who Pettine might be interested in.