Any time the majority of you argue with me against 18 regular season g

bbb

Season ticket holder, i hope? If not, there are going to be a whole lot of people who find it amusing that you paid to watch the most meaningless pre-season game that exists. Complaining about a game in which 90% of the players that suited up aren't ever going to wear an NFL uniform again, is like complaining that water is wet.

.........you should be forced to watch last night's game on an endless loop. What a total ripoff that I paid full price for that crap!!

agreed 100%, and we lost a player for the year.

football is too "violent" of a sport to be playing games that don't matter.

im not sure if the solution is 16 regular season games with no preseason, but an expanded playoff field;

18 regular season games with no preseason;

or even 20 regular season games with no preseason;

hell, i'd even be open to (at the time of the next negotiated CBA, any player NOT in their rookie deal does not have to play in preseason games.

but SOMETHING has to be done.

im confident something will be done--the nfl is the most proactive of the major sports when it comes to tweaking the game in response to what fans want... or even things they might not even know they wanted haha.

.........you should be forced to watch last night's game on an endless loop. What a total ripoff that I paid full price for that crap!!

Oh I feel for you man. When I observed who actually made it on the field, the only conclusion I drew aside from cut Leinart and Butler, was I'd have been pissed to pay for a ticket that game.

While some were grousing about doom and gloom for the season, which i did not see at all, i was just wondering how the refs could concentrate enough on that atrocity to officiate.

It was was like the local over 45 JCCC flag football league out there... Then Moats looked like the 22 year old starter from the nearby NCAA varsity squad sneaking in as a ringer.

Pre-season is a total ripoff. This is probably the greatest ripoff in all of sports. Until the fans rise up and say, "NO!" , the owners will continue to fleece the flock. This is not breaking news.

im not sure if the solution is 16 regular season games with no preseason, but an expanded playoff field;

hell, i'd even be open to (at the time of the next negotiated CBA, any player NOT in their rookie deal does not have to play in preseason games.

im confident something will be done--the nfl is the most proactive of the major sports when it comes to tweaking the game in response to what fans want... or even things they might not even know they wanted haha.

No Extending Playoffs. Too many crap teams as it is. If anything, the league Needs to limit Pre-season to 2-3 games and make it a 30 Team league. This would greatly improve the game in my opinion.

Hey I paid to go last year & watch the Pats score 52 unanswered in the second half & i didn't start a post on i paid to see that crap just be thankful it's football season again :wallbash:

Besides IT'S PRESEASON :doh:

An 18 game schedule doesn't mean squat in the grand scheme of things. The problems are as follows:

1. The NFL never should have implemented a policy where the preseason games are charged at full price and forced upon season ticket holders
  2. These exhibitions should never be blacked out.
  3. These games do help whittle down the lineup.
  4. Each team should be able to carry 60 players on a roster and 53 active if they were actually concerned about player safety as you would have more players taking reps from each other and less injuries as fatigue is the largest contributor to injuries.
  5. The NFL teams carry less players than practically every college and many high schools, this leads to more wear and tear on stars instead of rotating in fresh players as needed.
  6. If they were serious about player safety, they would implement more bye weeks. The body tends to burn out when asked to put a high level of exertion on it every week in a competition setting.
  7. They could lengthen the season to cover more of the summer with said bye weeks and extra games if you'd like.
  8. The NFL should not be relying on pre-season tickets for players salaries.

/rant

Season ticket holder, i hope? If not, there are going to be a whole lot of people who find it amusing that you paid to watch the most meaningless pre-season game that exists. Complaining about a game in which 90% of the players that suited up aren't ever going to wear an NFL uniform again, is like complaining that water is wet.

Yes, I'm a season ticket holder. I would never willingly pay for that!

Yeah, my point really isn't so much and never has been that I want 18 regular season games. It's that I don't want 4 preseason games................If they want to have them, give them to us at half price or less. How about pro rated at how much time the starters will play??

If you look at how bad most guys look in these games you know why they need pre-season games. Also you need them if you want to evaluate the unknown talent on the roster. Injuries are a fact of life; you can limit them by limiting playing time for starters but that's it. If you're pissed because you're forced to pay full ticket price, well that's another issue.

Also, extending the regular season or playoffs are horrible ideas.

Blame the teams awful policy of making their season ticket holders pay for pre-season games not the process of pre-season. If you had 18 regular season games by the time the playoffs rolled around the rosters would be further depleted than they already are. Take a look at the week 16 and 17 rosters of a lot of NFL teams its so depleted, now play another two games plus the playoffs? That's just too much wear and tear.

Pre-season is a total ripoff. This is probably the greatest ripoff in all of sports. Until the fans rise up and say, "NO!" , the owners will continue to fleece the flock. This is not breaking news.

Capitalism.

Pay X dollars, get tickets to 8 regular season games and 2 preseason games. If you don't like the value of your purchase, STOP PURCHASING IT.

Most stadiums have a guarantee of 10 games a year. That's one reason it is so difficult to find teams to play a game - even a preseason game - in places like London. The Bills have a special circumstance with a game in Toronto. If 2 preseason games are eliminated then 2 regular season games have to be added. If that ever happens I think a second bye week might be added.

you can always sell your preseason tickets

You went to the game knowing that you had 2 QBs with practically ZERO experience with the team, its the last game with only scrubs

did you really expect more? lol

Always an option if you're willing to take a loss. The Bills and the NFL should be embarrassed by a game like yesterday's.

Have 16 regular season games (that is plenty) and just eliminate the preseason. Teams should scrimmage in crazy places like local highschools or something to test their rookies .... IMO there is absolutely 0 point for veterans to play a single live snap of this game that doesn't count. Of course...preseason makes the NFL free money so it won't happen.

Football's image as a sport is in way too much trouble with concussion issues as it is to even think about making players play more games each season, whether it would be adding regular season or playoff games. I'm okay with less preseason games, but not with more regular season games to replace them.

Always an option if you're willing to take a loss. The Bills and the NFL should be embarrassed by a game like yesterday's.

I'm not saying that the "full price" for garbage games is acceptable, because its' not. A penny saved .... my point is that no one should expect a good game in THE last practice game.