So Byrd is hurt too

Jdragon2

I think when (not if) he misses plays, this criticism will be plenty fair. You don't get into game shape and speed on week 1 without going through practices and preseason.

Agreed. Add on a new HC and new D-Coordinator so new scheme and you get even less of a reason to miss practice.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so he wouldve missed no plays if not for the offseason going how it did? everyone misses plays. the greatest of all time are far from perfect. but this board will EXPLODE on the first deep ball completed, even if the guy wasnt byrds man.

Of course he would still miss plays. How about when he misses plays he otherwise wouldn't have? Byrd is a great Safety, but I don't expect him to play up to that standard until a few games into the season.

I think when (not if) he misses plays, this criticism will be plenty fair. You don't get into game shape and speed on week 1 without going through practices and preseason.

shouldn't the player who believes he is and should be the highest paid safety in all of football already be in game shape and know how to play in any defensive scheme ?

Of course he would still miss plays. How about when he misses plays he otherwise wouldn't have? Byrd is a great Safety, but I don't expect him to play up to that standard until a few games into the season.

my point was there will be absolutely no distinction in the slightest. the board is currently out for blood and several seem to want to see byrd fail more than brady.

im talking the irrational reactions, not the reasonable "oh he looked like and coach kind of confirmed that he blew his assignment there - i wonder if being in camp wouldve helped him on that play"

Yeah and that could totally, totally happen because its not like the Bills have access to any doctors or medical diagnostic equipment to verify an injury, if the guy says his toe is broke, the team is helpless to refute it.

Foot injuries can be extremely hard to diagnose (aside from having the obvious broken bone in your foot). It's like people who have chronic back pain - results of an MRI/Xray can come back negative, but you still have pain in your back. All i'm saying is that if a player wants to be a douche, a toe injury is the perfect route.

my point was there will be absolutely no distinction in the slightest. the board is currently out for blood and several seem to want to see byrd fail more than brady.

im talking the irrational reactions, not the reasonable "oh he looked like and coach kind of confirmed that he blew his assignment there - i wonder if being in camp wouldve helped him on that play"

Everything on this board is always irrational - why expect anything different now?

Everything on this board is always irrational - why expect anything different now?

fair enough, but its especially disappointing when its directed at one of our guys.... and one of our best ones at that. you know, with all that "best fans in the league" talk that we hear around here.

Oh, the usual internet fodder... I try to ignore that. :)

So 2 practices and he hurts a toe? $7 mil for a player with a 7 cent attitude. Ship him out with the first decent offer.

+1

What a petulant little ****. Byrd needs to grow up in a hurry. If I'm Marrone I'm giving him a verbal spanking in his office. Hey Jairus put your big boy underwear on and play for your piddly 6.9 mil contract. And if he dogs it Marrone should bench him so he can't audition for any other clubs. Eugene Parker turned Byrd from first class player to first class malcontent Dbag.

shouldn't the player who believes he is and should be the highest paid safety in all of football already be in game shape and know how to play in any defensive scheme ?

No, that's a ridiculous standard. You might as well say "shouldn't the best WR in the league be able to fly?"

People who are the best at anything are usually the best because of a combination of natural ability, work ethic, and tons and tons of practice. You don't get to just say "he should be fine without practice because he thinks he's really good." He *is* really good, but even really good players need to actually learn the scheme they're playing and practice it in order to play at a high level.

That would make sense, wouldn't it. IMO Jarius would have played in that game yesterday, and he didn't want to. That is why he went to get a second opinion on his "injured foot"

No, that's a ridiculous standard. You might as well say "shouldn't the best WR in the league be able to fly?"

People who are the best at anything are usually the best because of a combination of natural ability, work ethic, and tons and tons of practice. You don't get to just say "he should be fine without practice because he thinks he's really good." He *is* really good, but even really good players need to actually learn the scheme they're playing and practice it in order to play at a high level.

Perhaps he shouldnt have held out and came down from I want to be paid the best even though I havent earned it attitude and he would have been able to practice and participate.

That would make sense, wouldn't it. IMO Jarius would have played in that game yesterday, and he didn't want to. That is why he went to get a second opinion on his "injured foot"

Your line of reasoning makes no sense. The Bills "rested" 21 of 22 players who are considered starters. Marrone and the coaching staff really wanted to play Byrd and expose him to injury? They would have but didn't because he refused?

This is CRAZY TALK! :blink:

Your line of reasoning makes no sense. The Bills "rested" 21 of 22 players who are considered starters. Marrone and the coaching staff really wanted to play Byrd and expose him to injury? They would have but didn't because he refused?

This is CRAZY TALK! :blink:

All of those starters played in teh previous 3 games, Jarius has not played a snap this year. It is crazy they wanted him to get some game action before the season starts?

All of those starters played in teh previous 3 games, Jarius has not played a snap this year. It is crazy they wanted him to get some game action before the season starts?

Marrone said well before the game that Byrd probably wasn't going to play in such a meaningless contest.

like a swimsuit model should sit home and get fat waiting for the next gig. then sign a contract and say I need a couple months to get in shape.

as far as schemes go....man to man, cover 2, cover 3. seeing as they switch up during the game, I would think by now, jairus knows all the schemes and the d coordinator just needs to call the play.

This was very predictable. Byrd has been instructed by his agent to tell Bills by his actions that tagging him and refusing to agree to not tag him next year will not result in useful plays for the Bills.

yep

I just don't see Tyrd and his agent playing nice....

like all of of sudden everything is cool....

all that matters is getting to the end of the season HEALTHY and taking another crack at the long term deal he desires. he could give two chits about the bills.

he will err on the side of caution all year. he will miss games.

This was very predictable. Byrd has been instructed by his agent to tell Bills by his actions that tagging him and refusing to agree to not tag him next year will not result in useful plays for the Bills.

It that's true, it's a huge PHUCK YOU to his teammates. Yes, it's business and his teammates understand that but between the lines it's all about them and each other.

GO BILLS!!!

When it was suggested here a week ago after he signed his tender that he may try to screw the Bills or get some type of revenge, people went bananas. Well, he hasn't even done anything now he can't play because of a foot injury? Good chance that here comes the hissy fit on Byrd's part, and if it isn't obvious he is done here after this year then nothing would make it obvious.