Madden 25 Prediction

Dorkington

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Received Madden 25 last night.

I started a connected career (franchise mode), set the roster to resemble my best guess for what our week one roster will be, based on who we've seen Marrone favor in preseason. Also changed the defensive strategy to "attacking 3-4", and had to change some roster spots around.

I simulated the season.... results:

Regular season record: 12-4 (Started off 0-2, went on a 9 win streak, finished 3-2 over last 5 games... 0-2 vs Pats, killed Jets/Fins)

First round playoff bye

Played the Chargers (who finished 8-8) and.... lost. Womp womp.

- CJ Spiller finished with 2,064 yards rushing. Freddie got himself 500ish yards on top of that. :o

- EJ Manuel had a safe year. Threw for 2,500 yards, 20 TDs, 2 INTs... but only 50% completion percentage.

Stevie led our receivers with 1,000ish yards. Goodwin had a strong showing with 500ish yards. Woods and Graham both had 400ish yards themselves.

- Mario Williams finished the season with 20 sacks :o

- Gilmore and Byrd both had strong seasons, with 8 and 7 interceptions respectively.

Not bad!

One caveat... I turned injuries off. So....... yeah. ;)

Thanks Dork!

BTW, is there any chance you can upload the roster and settings to make it easy for some of us to get?

They dont.

In last years Madden, they used the pic of Stevie when he had dreads from over 5 years ago.

Lazy.

Can you let us know what some of the main Bills players ratings are?

CBF

They use the same photo of SJ in this years Madden too. That, AND, the awful toilet seat collar....

So, bottom line, is it worth the purchase or should I just poke myself in the eye with a sharp stick?

Did you play Madden 13? The game is enjoyable, and the running game is particularly improved, but there are many flaws from previous versions that haven't been fixed. The dev. team is small and makes minimal improvements annually; hopefully there is a sea change with next-gen. Either way, I still play and enjoy it, but know the game should be leaps and bounds better.

Did you play Madden 13? The game is enjoyable, and the running game is particularly improved, but there are many flaws from previous versions that haven't been fixed. The dev. team is small and makes minimal improvements annually; hopefully there is a sea change with next-gen. Either way, I still play and enjoy it, but know the game should be leaps and bounds better.

ny33, this came up a few months ago and I apologize if this has been asked and answered, but in M25 can you just play a whole regular season, over and over again if you want, or is everything tied up in the Connected mode, year by year and management of everything associated with the team?

...in other words, if I just want to play out the 2013 season can I do it?

Thank you in advance.

ny33, this came up a few months ago and I apologize if this has been asked and answered, but in M25 can you just play a whole regular season, over and over again if you want, or is everything tied up in the Connected mode, year by year and management of everything associated with the team?

...in other words, if I just want to play out the 2013 season can I do it?

Thank you in advance.

Nope. There's no season mode. You'd have to go through Connected Careers and select either a coach or GM.

:censored:

Thank you, though, ny33!

:thumbsup:

It's easy enough to skip all the management stuff and just start a new 2013 season though. I mean, there's a few more loading screens, but that's about it.

So, bottom line, is it worth the purchase or should I just poke myself in the eye with a sharp stick?

It's Madden... it doesn't change much from year to year, it's a constant "evolution". So if you enjoyed Madden 13, you'll enjoy Madden 25, most likely.

If the eye poking is in relation to how the Bills are in the game, that's another story. ;)

I only played a couple games last night... the run game is "improved" but it's also possibly too easy now, we'll see.

-------------

I went ahead and captured the overall ratings of Bills players so folks can easily see how they rank. The ratings are very different when you go to career, because they are adjusted for scheme and position. For example, Kyle Williams is a 64 or something, overall, because the game has him as DE and the scheme is looking for someone more... DE like than Kyle Williams, but when you actually play the games, he's still very effective. So it's worth looking at specific ratings for certain positions when setting your roster.

post-13793-0-16873100-1377718616_thumb.png

Edited by Dorkington

Haven't gotte nthe game yet but saw a post last night from a buddy that Patrick Willis and Jared Cook are bnoth faster than Roddy White in the game which seems ludicis to me.

Player speed has always been a bit funky. Goodwin and Spiller both get run down very easily by LBs when within a certain distance of the play. There's a setting to adjust the differences of player speed in the game, it might be worth messing with. It controls how much slower a 50 speed is vs a 90 speed for example. 0-100 slider.

Player speed has always been a bit funky. Goodwin and Spiller both get run down very easily by LBs when within a certain distance of the play. There's a setting to adjust the differences of player speed in the game, it might be worth messing with. It controls how much slower a 50 speed is vs a 90 speed for example. 0-100 slider.

Yep, lower the speed threshold. I've been playing at 10 and it is much better. I also play on the "slow" game speed setting. It's much more enjoyable on slow IMO. It allows you to set up your blocks better and read the defense quicker.

Yep, lower the speed threshold. I've been playing at 10 and it is much better. I also play on the "slow" game speed setting. It's much more enjoyable on slow IMO. It allows you to set up your blocks better and read the defense quicker.

'Slow' feels too Matrix-y to me, but I think I will lower the speed threshold. It's really frustrating getting tracked down by Defensive Tackles on breakaway runs with Spiller.

A few things drive me crazy with Madden:

1) virtually no interference penalties, esp defensive

2) no spending of timeouts other than last two minutes of half...need to have much better time management realism with having to use time outs before two minute warning...

One tho g I noticed as I opened it up from the package this morning. When I played with the Bills in "play now" mode. Just exhibition mode. Before I did any online updates, Kyle Williams was in the high 80s somewhere for ranking either DE or DT.

Once I signed online and updated the rosters to start my career mode. He was all the sudden a 66. Wtf!!!!!?????!!!!!

I know I go on about KW being over rated here but he's better than a 66. I think a high 70s would be a minimum there. Not sure why he's so low.

And Goodwin and Spiller should have 99 speed and I think they are 96 and 97. But I know there's no 99.

One tho g I noticed as I opened it up from the package this morning. When I played with the Bills in "play now" mode. Just exhibition mode. Before I did any online updates, Kyle Williams was in the high 80s somewhere for ranking either DE or DT.

Once I signed online and updated the rosters to start my career mode. He was all the sudden a 66. Wtf!!!!!?????!!!!!

I know I go on about KW being over rated here but he's better than a 66. I think a high 70s would be a minimum there. Not sure why he's so low.

I was sooo confused about this too until I played around in the "Strategies" menu.

If/When you change the scheme (which you can do for each position) it affects the player rating. The player still plays the same, but the rating is supposed to be a guide for you to see how players fit into certain schemes/philosophies.

For example, BJ Raji's rating is a 63 if your positional scheme says pass rushing 4-3 end. I changed the scheme to 3-4 run stopper, but still lined him up as a 4-3 end and his rating was whatever it's supposed to be (high 80s/low 90s). Still used same playbook and the same overall scheme, I just had to change the position specific scheme.

D is 4-3 base -.-

O is balanced

Incorrect.

The D is 3-4 based, and the O is "balanced" in a pretty loose sense. Most plays are multiple receiver sets out of shotgun or singleback formations.

There are also two pistol formations, one with CJ and Freddy.

Edited by uncle flap

Got it too, and i'm just getting into it (or will be this weekend). nice to see i shoudl switch the defensive scheme to 3-4 attack. I was planning on moving positions around, ie Branch to DT, AW23 to SS, etc.

From my few play now games, running has gotten too easy. I'll hafta adjust the sliders. RBs shouldn't have 8-9 YPC.