Can I start another $%&#@ Dave Wannstedt thread?

eball

It was pointed out by our good friend Rastro on Twitter that 8 out of 11 currently-designated starters on the Bills' defense were 1st or 2nd round draft picks.

Gilmore

McKelvin

Mario

Dareus

Lawson

Alonso

Byrd

A. Williams

The other three? K. Williams (4th), Carrington (3rd), and Bradham (5th)

Only Lawson and Alonso are newcomers this season.

I think we know why Mike Pettine wanted this job -- talent out the yin-yang.

Back during the Bills' Superbowl years, the Dolphins at one time had more than 20 former first-round picks on the team, just to try to compete with the Bills.

They failed.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Edwards didn't have players and was overmatched. Wannstedt had a pretty stacked cupboard and coached like he was asleep. Your response is cute and all, but not really on point.

What in the world makes you think that the players are any good? What have they produced? How many good defenses have they been a part of? What are their statistics that stand out? Do you have any evidence at all that they are good except your opinion? Is it because many of them are high draft picks? That doesn't mean anything. As many high draft picks fail as succeed. Bashing Wanny and praising Pettine is easy but last year on this same board they were praising Wanny. It's what they do on the field that counts. That's the point.

Edited by vincec

What in the world makes you think that the players are any good? What have they produced? How many good defenses have they been a part of? What are their statistics that stand out? Do you have any evidence at all that they are good except your opinion? Is it because many of them are high draft picks? That doesn't mean anything. As many high draft picks fail as succeed. Bashing Wanny and praising Pettine is easy but last year on this same board they were praising Wanny. It's what they do on the field that counts. That's the point.

]He does make a decent point. We have not been any good for years Eball : (

Even though i loathe what Wanny did here, i expect he couldn't fix it or do what Gailey did to some affect , coach around defincies .

That was the best he could do i think till he became a broken man the last season.

I was all yippee when they promoted Dave W. A smart man would have realized he had done very little for the linebacking crew whilst coaching them up ? . hindsight hurts

and Mr.Cotton worse than hindsight is the facts were right in front of us , but as desperate fans we can be abit clouded striving for enthusiasm, can we not ?

How do you think the Bills defense will be this year?

And, here I let Damond Talbot dupe me into thinking that landing a Yahoo writing gig was a big deal. Apparently the only qualification is being a longtime fan! Maybe I could be the next JW?

Sadly these Yahoo gigs are not that special. Basically they are free lance and you get paid ten cents for every thousand clicks. Yahoo is just looking for free (or nearly free) content. So they round up some fans who can form sentences and this is what you get.

PTR

I don't know how you all can blame Coach Wannstedt. He wasn't the one on the field not fitting it up.

Coaches get paid to coach. Players get paid to fit. Everyone knows that.

Now this Pettine guy comes along and I haven't heard him once mentioning fits. How the hell are we gonna stop anyone this year?

I don't know how you all can blame Coach Wannstedt. He wasn't the one on the field not fitting it up.

Coaches get paid to coach. Players get paid to fit. Everyone knows that.

Now this Pettine guy comes along and I haven't heard him once mentioning fits. How the hell are we gonna stop anyone this year?

We're gonna give 'em fits?