How much cash do we have left to spend on players?

Calling all numbers guys.......

Does anybody know where we stand with available monies at this point in time? I ask this for two reasons:

1) We let Levitre go which (so far this year) looks like it was a huge hit to the most important side of the O-line. Maybe Colin Brown will come around, and YEAH I understand that its in the past and we have already let our most dependable and productive O-lineman walk, but I'm trying to figure out if we could have kept him.

I'm sure EJ Manuel will be wondering that a few times this year as well. And CJ and Freddie.

2) Byrd hasn't had one snap with our team or even a workout with our new defense and the Patriots are less than three weeks away.

Both of these things make our team worse. Significantly worse. A weak backside for your rookie QB and an absentee free safety that won't practice until he absolutely has to.

If we have the money available then I'm digging out my Whaley is Cheap shirt (crossed out the Ralph, put in Whaley) and I'm gonna wear it to Practice Camp.

Edited by Webster Guy

Why is it that in your world when a player doesn't sign it's automatically the team that's at fault? Why do you assume "we let Levitre go" when it's possible he had his mind made up to leave? Instead of pulling out your "So-and-so is cheap" t-shirts, maybe you should buy a "So-and-so is greedy" t-shirt.

You can't be throwing money at players just because you have the money.

With Byrd cntract they have about $25M......The big names in 2014 will be Byrd, Carrington, Erc Wood, ans Scott Chandler

If we weren't going to spend this year there's no excuse for rolling fitzs hit into next year.

If we weren't going to spend this year there's no excuse for rolling fitzs hit into next year.

Funny, I always thought this was a for profit business. I wonder what happens if they spend UNDER the limit or is that next year? And they can't roll over all of this can they?