EJ hurt knee according to BB.com

You don't pull your rookie qb for precautionary procedures ending his camp with full intent of starting him week one typically. Especially one considered a high upside project. He needs the reps. He may already have it wrapped up but this is not good still.

Or--it was just as clear to the coaches as it was the fans that EJ's grasp of and ability to execute the offense is far superior, and if he keeps playing, risk of further injury far outweighs potential reward.

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't pull your rookie qb for precautionary procedures ending his camp with full intent of starting him week one typically. Especially one considered a high upside project. He needs the reps. He may already have it wrapped up but this is not good still.

Or--it was just as clear to the coaches as it was the fans that EJ's grasp of and ability to execute the offense is far superior, and if he keeps playing, risk of further injury far outweighs potential reward.

This is how you know Karma exists...almost everyone in buffalo hopes Brady's knee is hurt for the opener....

Now EJs is, and may miss it....

Karma'd

Which part of karma involves asshat fans of a city better known for baseball killing the division for 12yrs?

What happens if Kolb doesn't make it through the rest of preseason? He is mostly made of glass. Tuel and Brad Smith? Yikes. I don't see EJ being ready by week one even if everything with this "minor" procedure goes smoothly. Missing 2 games and potentially 3 full weeks of practice then getting thrown in to face the Patriots? That would be kind of unfair.

Yet Manuel is the one having knee surgery.....

Anyone else think that this is a strategic move by the coaching staff? It is strange that Marrone didn't name Kolb the week 1 starter. I'm not necessarily saying that the team is making up a fake injury, but maybe it isn't serious at all and the organization made the decision to shut him down in the preseason. The organization could have said we know what he have in Manuel and lets work with him behind closed doors. I mention this for several reasons:

1. EJ is clearly a better option then Kolb so EJ is our week 1 starter

2. We play N.E. week one, against one of the best gameplanners in NFL history, lets not give the Pats any more tape on this guy

3. Lets see if its worth keeping Kolb around or Tuel has what it takes in this league to be a viable backup

4. Along the lines of 2, our offense looks terrible with Kolb in there, lets have N.E. think its just the same old Bills (Im not saying we aren't yet!)

That's just my 2 cents. Maybe we actually have a coach now that can compete strategically with the best organizations in the NFL in stategy and game planning. Let's hope

Seems a little odd. I didn't get the game since I am in Buffalo, but their was no mention of a knee during either pressers. Possibly one more opportunity for Kolb? QB Battle basically over? I wouldn't be surprised to see EJ taking snaps after the Vikings game, and dress for pre-season week 4.

He's done for the preseason. Yuck! Kevin Elliot's out too.

Who cares about Elliott he had no chance of making the roster anyway. Look at the amount of receivers ahead of him. Gosh you have a better chance of winning power ball lotto than Elliott making the roster. Power ball odds are only 175,000,000 to one.

I just re-watched the sack. EJ had 3 guys on his back, but got up quickly and jogged to the sideline. He didn't re-enter the game. Realistically we have only two weeks for EJ to get healthy in time for NE. I can't see him getting the start if he doesn't practice all week leading up to the opener.

I don't know what the tv feed looked like but he was initially walking with a noticeable limp when he got up from the sack. They had a closeup of him on the jumbotron and a lot of people noticed it and were voicing some concern in the stands but he then appeared to be fine.

Anyone else think that this is a strategic move by the coaching staff? It is strange that Marrone didn't name Kolb the week 1 starter. I'm not necessarily saying that the team is making up a fake injury, but maybe it isn't serious at all and the organization made the decision to shut him down in the preseason. The organization could have said we know what he have in Manuel and lets work with him behind closed doors. I mention this for several reasons:

2. We play N.E. week one, against one of the best gameplanners in NFL history, lets not give the Pats any more tape on this guy

3. Lets see if its worth keeping Kolb around or Tuel has what it takes in this league to be a viable backup

4. Along the lines of 2, our offense looks terrible with Kolb in there, lets have N.E. think its just the same old Bills (Im not saying we aren't yet!)

That's just my 2 cents. Maybe we actually have a coach now that can compete strategically with the best organizations in the NFL in stategy and game planning. Let's hope

Wow. No idea how to respond to this.

I'm with you