The positives of Kolb's play last night

Bangarang

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought people where exaggerating about Kb's play last night. I am watching the replay now, and I am literally saying to my GF, "if EJ isnt ready for the Pats, I would rather have Fitz"...I mean CHRIST!

Just curious...Can you post a few points as to why you think that way? Any specific plays in mind? BTW this is a honest question and not sarcastic.

Forgive me, but I am on the couch enjoying some beverages, typing on my phone.

I have been trying to dampers excitement for EJ, because this team has hurt me in the past. I also know how hot and cold this board can get on players, so I assumed a bit of that went into the review of Kolb in this game, but it's pretty bad.

We seem to be committing to the run game, and it isn't really going anywhere. I think Chan was tremendous at getting Spiller in space. We could use a little but of that now.

The guy never finds his receivers, hits nobody in stride, and is doing a bit of staring down of his recievers. It looks like every ball is poorly thrown, he is skipping screen passes. He generally looks very uncomfortable out there.

Maybe it's rust, but even in the last 2 minutes of the half, with the 2nd stringers in, finding a rhythm is tough.

To be fair, I haven't seen the 2nd half just yet.

I thought people where exaggerating about Kb's play last night. I am watching the replay now, and I am literally saying to my GF, "if EJ isnt ready for the Pats, I would rather have Fitz"...I mean CHRIST!

FWIW, he had his best drive of the game in the two-minute drill when he took the Bills downfield to a field goal.

Hopefully he can build on that.

Just curious...Can you post a few points as to why you think that way? Any specific plays in mind? BTW this is a honest question and not sarcastic.

Also honest and not sarcastic to you. Did you see the game?

FWIW, he had his best drive of the game in the two-minute drill when he took the Bills downfield to a field goal.

Hopefully he can build on that.

Concurred, the last 2 minutes are better, but he is really out of sync with the receivers, and missing throws. If he can make the 2 minute drill the standard, he can be reasonable. Right now, for a bet, he is missing a lot of yards out there

I thought he threw terrible balls early on,(just straight out misses or behind the WRs every pass in the first & early 2nd) he did pick it up later in the 2 minute drill. I will concede that. I do not like that we got stopped in the red zone though either. Maybe he is still getting his wheels under him or maybe we should start Tuel over him to me it is kind of a coin flip at this point.

I doubt he did, and I didn't either (set to TiVo tomorrow morning). so it would be helpful if someone laid out any positives that kolb brought to the table, if there were any. We are all stressing enough over EJ's knee; we need some comfort here.

I doubt he did, and I didn't either (set to TiVo tomorrow morning). so it would be helpful if someone laid out any positives that kolb brought to the table, if there were any. We are all stressing enough over EJ's knee; we need some comfort here.

I watched the first half with the intent of finding some middle ground in the posts on TSW. Sadly it is a mostly honest interpretation. Very few bright spots in Kolb's game. That's not to say he can't redeem himself with a good 3 quarters against Wash. It's not good though