Jerry Hughes

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As big of a fan as I was of Shep, looks like this was a very smart trade. Pettine is going to turn him into a damn monster.

The 1st string defense was ferocious as a whole!! I'll tell you what....it's been a very long time since I've been this optimistic about our defense and the depth. Just think....Mario and Kiko didn't play....BE AFRAID....VERY AFRAID!! GO BILLS!

Remember the threads devoted to the Hughes trade?

As per usual, there were a lot of optimists and a lot of pessimists.

Personally I couldn't believe that we could trade Kelvin Sheppard for anything, much less a former first rounder coming off a career high 4.5 sacks.

I wonder how the trade is playing in Indy right around now.

As big of a fan as I was of Shep, looks like this was a very smart trade. Pettine is going to turn him into a damn monster.

I'm not being a jerk, but why were you a big fan of Shepard?

Edited by chris heff

I'm not being a jerk, but why were you a big fan of Shepard?

I'll step in and answer my thought:

He was a team player who attacked when he could and was different then Poz but he had skill. Hemcould not shed blockers, though, and with our DL that is a big issue. But he made a good QB on defense and played hard every play.

He was a team player who attacked when he could and was different then Poz but he had skill. Hemcould not shed blockers, though, and with our DL that is a big issue. But he made a good QB on defense and played hard every play.

Yeah a decent MLB who hit the hole nice.... He'll continue to grow and continue to be a decent player in the league, but Hughes is tailor made for this d.

The 1st string defense was ferocious as a whole!! I'll tell you what....it's been a very long time since I've been this optimistic about our defense and the depth. Just think....Mario and Kiko didn't play....BE AFRAID....VERY AFRAID!! GO BILLS!

And don't forget Byrd isn't in either.

Remember the threads devoted to the Hughes trade?

As per usual, there were a lot of optimists and a lot of pessimists.

Personally I couldn't believe that we could trade Kelvin Sheppard for anything, much less a former first rounder coming off a career high 4.5 sacks.

I wonder how the trade is playing in Indy right around now.

I can't lie that im curious as well. I know there would be some ridiculous threads started on our side if rolls were reversed.

I had huge hopes for Shep when he was drafted but dude was awful for us. Poz was twice the player He was, although it was obvious he was liked by his teammates. Hell, Scott plays "bigger" than Shep.

I peeked on a board or two - generally it seems they are annoyed by the trade but not freaking out. I saw some of "yea just wait til the season he looked good in preseason here too" and others "well, we knew he could rush the passer in the right situations, he proved that last year even if he's not a world beater" but very little anger or freaking out.

Edited by NoSaint

I peeked on a board or two - generally it seems they are annoyed by the trade but not freaking out. I saw some of "yea just wait til the season he looked good in preseason here too" and others "well, we knew he could rush the passer in the right situations, he proved that last year even if he's not a world beater" but very little anger or freaking out.

I predict that they'll be singing a different tune in October.

If not sooner.

And don't forget Byrd isn't in either.

and Mc'Lovin... 4 starters missing... This is a new TEAM.... This D will be able to keep us in games and just seeing them line up is a pleasure showing so many different looks. Pre-season on not, Pettine was instilled a different mentality. We got a bunch of sacks plus a ton of pressures and hits on QBs. My fav was the sandwich hit where QB felt pressure from outside and TRIED to step up in pocket and throw and Carrington just creamed him. Carrington was all over place too. Very nice to see how well D is attacking.

And with the 1st pick in the Warren County, PA. Fantasy Football Draft, I will select.... The Buffalo Bills Defense!!!

can I join your league???

I'd like to draft against people taking defenses in the 1st round.

I predict that they'll be singing a different tune in October.

If not sooner.

We will see. Not trying to be a Debbie downer on it. He has a lot of talent, but has also underachieved by a lot. Could've been scheme, could've been a light coming on here, could be that we end up sounding like jet fans calling us idiots for handing them a prime time rusher like maybin.

I'm hard pressed to think of many pass rushers to totally turn their careers around the last few years... Don't doubt he could be a good rotational player, but don't expect him to be a prime time player over the long haul still. I'd be totally happy with that still.