Vikings @ Bills official GDT

Kelso with a good point to end the radio broadcast- facing Hasletts 3-4 D next week. Good test for the preseason. 3-4's absolutely killed Trentwards. If EJ looks respectable, it's on. Like a mofo perhaps.

I don't think there is any question that if in fact Manuel plays well next week, it will undoubtedly be on like a mofo... ;)

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Catching up to the thread I noticed a few things.

On two occasions, Kolb was having "conversations" with teammates. He was talking to Lee Smith and though both were professional, you could see that they disagreed as to what happened on the previous play.

A bit later Kolb was talking to Tashard Choice and after a back and forth, Kolb had the last word and Choice walked away shaking his head in what looked like disagreement.

Even before the stat was posted, you could see that EJ had greater command of the offense than Kolb did and you could tell that they were calling their plays and getting set up much faster.

As Mark Vader pointed out, the stadium gave a loud Buffalo welcome to EJ. It was pretty loud!

You could see EJ's presence on the field energize his teammates. You could see all the players getting buzzed with excitement.

And then on his first drive of his career in Ralph Wilson Stadium, EJ takes them down the field and throws a touchdown pass.

I think it might have been Brawndo who said that we might be witnessing something special.

That inaugural drive and TD pass by EJ was a special moment, IMO.

And to see how confident and in command he is, how polished and under control… it's amazing.

On two occasions, Kolb was having "conversations" with teammates. He was talking to Lee Smith and though both were professional, you could see that they disagreed as to what happened on the previous play.

A bit later Kolb was talking to Tashard Choice and after a back and forth, Kolb had the last word and Choice walked away shaking his head in what looked like disagreement.

Even before the stat was posted, you could see that EJ had greater command of the offense than Kolb did and you could tell that they were calling their plays and getting set up much faster.

As Mark Vader pointed out, the stadium gave a loud Buffalo welcome to EJ. It was pretty loud!

You could see EJ's presence on the field energize his teammates. You could see all the players getting buzzed with excitement.

And then on his first drive of his career in Ralph Wilson Stadium, EJ takes them down the field and throws a touchdown pass.

I think it might have been Brawndo who said that we might be witnessing something special.

And to see how confident and in command he is, how polished and under control… it's amazing.

I always said this defenses and offenses both play differently when they have a QB they believe in. With the coaching hopefully it will pay off.

I didn't get to see the game. Which few players stood out the most? Any unexpected guys really make a case for a roster spot?

I'd have to watch the replay to notice any unexpected players, but players that stood out to me were:

Jerry Hughes

E.J. Manuel

Marcus Easley

Chris Hogan

Tashard Choice

Manny Lawson

Alan Branch

Overall the defense played so good, that there a lot of players that deserve credit. Also the starting offensive line did an overall good job.

Penalties were a problem today, so that needs to be fixed.

Kevin Kolb had a rough night, but I'm willing to give him another shot. Although Manuel is clearly winning the starting job battle.

One person that is not impressing me is DaNorris Searcy.

I'd have to watch the replay to notice any unexpected players, but players that stood out to me were:

Jerry Hughes

E.J. Manuel

Marcus Easley

Chris Hogan

Tashard Choice

Manny Lawson

Alan Branch

Overall the defense played so good, that there a lot of players that deserve credit. Also the starting offensive line did an overall good job.

Kevin Kolb had a rough night, but I'm willing to give him another shot. Although Manuel is clearly winning the starting job battle.

Fred Jackson would be one to thrown in as notable. He had a few good runs and made me hopeful that he's got his legs back underneath him.

Jerry Hughes

E.J. Manuel

Marcus Easley

Chris Hogan

Tashard Choice

Manny Lawson

Alan Branch

Kauffman also.

This is what I see. It is pretty amazing. Seems to me he will be able to handle the tough times that will come up during the season.

Since I didn't see the game, no Byrd, but how did A Williams play today? No one mentioned him, good or bad.

The safeties were a little late to a couple plays but made the tackles. Im comfortable going w/ A.Williams and Searcy starting. As long as they keep improving.

We beat the Vikings in preseason w/ no AP

That's right, because the Vikings passing game was working so well...having AP in there would have made a balanced attack, and our D would....

Dude. You can't be serious with this. I saw the Vikings sideline. I sat not 30 ft away from some of them. They were not pleased with themselves at all(nor were they pleased that they kept giving me things, over and over, to make fun of them with. It was too easy. :lol:)

Adrian Peterson doesn't stop the fumbles, sacks, or the picks, nor does he help the Vikes O line not get schooled 1v1.

That's the thing about all of this. They can blame the coaches, blitzing, scheme, not talking beforehand, your mother, the style of D we play now, the exotic read, whatever they want. What they cannot do is explain how they were beaten in 1v1 situations, so many times. There are no reasons, there are only excuses when it comes to 1v1 losses. From what I saw, and, from how the Vikings reacted to their own play, coming off the field? They knew damn well they were whipped physically out there.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

I'll be sold on EJ if I see him connect on ONE deep pass. But yeah, he just seems to have IT. Kolb is a capable backup. But EJ, there's just something about him I haven't felt since Flutie.

I think we're watching the beginning of something special here, fellas, both on D and O.

Pants getting tighter?