I hope Steven A. Smith eats crow about his thoughts on EJ!

buffalopdc

After the draft EJ and the Bills got completely blasted by Steven A. Smith (and Skip Bayless) in this video. I hope they eat their words sooner rather than later...like week one. The is bulletin board material for EJ and the Bills.

The only thing I do agree with is that there is tremendous pressure on EJ to succeed. Most rated him poorly in the draft and expect him to fail (especially in Buffalo) in the national media following the draft. In Buffalo, WGR flat out asked him how does it feel to be the savior of the Bills. No pressure there.

http://youtu.be/UxrjajikasU

Edited by buffalopdc

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to put it in perspective, I don't recall many pundits saying they expected him to fail. Most said that the Bills took EJ too early because he was too much of a raw project to be taken in mid-first round and wasn't the best QB in the draft.

So far, those scouting reports are off base.

Just to put it in perspective, I don't recall many pundits saying they expected him to fail. Most said that the Bills took EJ too early because he was too much of a raw project to be taken in mid-first round and wasn't the best QB in the draft.

So far, those scouting reports are off base.

But a lot of folks around here are buying tickets to that show.

Stephen A Smith makes a career by making headlines. There is never a story or anything else to it. His character is why he is celebrated not his talent. This guy is to the sports world what Kim Kardashian is to the modeling world.

Well we've got at least a hundred posters here who hated the pick and don't look like they're getting behind EJ yet. Not saying they're rooting for him to fail, but it's something close to that.

I get accused of that from time to time, but I loved the pick. (I would have been depressed if we had gotten G. Smith.) But, I think the people who didn't like the pick are swaying towards cautious optimism. I think also that some of the perceived negativity is a response to the unabashed, (and occasionally delusional) optimism from the EJaniacs. (I just made that up.)

I don't like SAS personally, however he pretty much says he's clueless but based on what he's heard he's surprised. I don't see the problem with that. The other guy blasted him and the Bills but not so much Smith...

Edited by BILLS_ROC

Stephen A Smith makes a career by making headlines. There is never a story or anything else to it. His character is why he is celebrated not his talent. This guy is to the sports world what Kim Kardashian is to the modeling world.

That, my friend, is the truth.

Skip Bayless: ".....blah blah blah blah I'd take Landry Jones before EJ Manuel..."

Outstanding!