The Trade Game

Seattle's worst 4th WR without Harvin is still better than TJ or Brad Smith. Seattle is flush at WR with Rice, Tate, Baldwin, Kearse, and that dude that caught the 2 bombs from Tarvaris last week.

I don't get the love for our WRs. SJ is legit and it looks like hopefully Woods is legit too. After that, it's all question marks. As someone else mentioned TJ Graham was horrible last year. Goodwin looks interesting, but didn't even get any WR plays last week. Why not? We were already flush with return men. Easley looked good last week, but his hands have been suspect the last 2 pre seasons. Rogers if he keeps his act together maybe. Hogan dropped a pass last week. I don't know enough about Kaufman to say but he is buried on the depth chart.

Actually I do get the WR love. I heard it last year this time and the year before.

Don't get me wrong. I hope these guys all turn out and our WR corps is better. But it's nowhere near a foregone conclusion. And the only guy anyone would trade anything for would be SJ.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He led the league in drop percentage and ran terrible routes - one of which led to a crushing loss in a game the Bills should have won because of a strong performance by Fitzpatrick. I mean, is everyone blind? He was AWFUL. I'm not saying he can't get better (he is fast), but why would any team who doesn't subsist on Bills-hope think he'd be any good?

Okay, I know he didn't have a great rookie season, but I think some stats (drop percentage among them) can be misleading.

There were times, particularly early in the season where I thought he looked pretty good...but as the season wore on, his strengths weren't accentuated, in part, because Fitz couldn't get him the ball...so yeah, he became a possession receiver...that little pass to the sideline that the Bills loved last season, the one that goes 2 yards past the line of the scrimmage on 3rd and 6, and the receiver either gets killed, or catches the pass, and has to fight for the extra 4 yards..that is not what TJ Graham should be doing...his numbers weren't great, and everybody is sure that he ran a bad rout against the Pats... but don't discount all the times, early in the season, when he had the DB beat on the sideline deep down field, only to have Fitz throw the ball 7 yards behind him, or 15 feet over his head...I may subsist on Bills hope (who here doesn't?), and I am not positive he is going to be a great receiver, but I suspect, if he is healthy this year, he will have some pretty decent moments.

btw- I wasn't the advocating trading Graham to Seattle, or suggesting they would be interested in trading for him. I guess I just get tired of the rush to declare every player a bust... is there a prize for being the first one to declare that a player sucks? I would suggest, if there was an up and coming team (like Seattle) who was desperate for wide receiver help, they would likely be more interested in TJ Graham than Brad Smith.

A. player for player trades in the NFL are extremely rare. B. WR for OL trades 1 for 1 are non existent. This is not fantasy football , this is real football. The NFL is not a trading league. its all about waiting for teams to cut guys . We will get an o lineman or two in a couple weeks. O lineman are very scarce.

I've got a great idea. Why don't we trade Hogan for Adrian Peterson, Tom Brady, Calvin Johnson, and Darrell Revis(only because we need a CB)???

Sounds like a fair trade to me.

Oh, and well were at it, we should also trade our 5th and 6th round picks to the Pats for their next 3 first round picks.

Good sarcasm, I suppose.... however the OP wasn't proposing an outlandish trade. The guy he wanted was a young, potentially very good, but currently BACKUP Guard. Also, the Seahawks seem to have a need at WR, where we have some surplus. I'm not sure why your response is called for in this scenario??

Good sarcasm, I suppose.... however the OP wasn't proposing an outlandish trade. The guy he wanted was a young, potentially very good, but currently BACKUP Guard. Also, the Seahawks seem to have a need at WR, where we have some surplus. I'm not sure why your response is called for in this scenario??

trades are rare in the NFL. And honestly, I wouldn't get rid of a single WR here. I'd keep 7. They all are either good or have a ton upside.

I just watched the Colts PS game again and was surprised to see that Colin Brown did a really good job. He was getting solid push in the run game and was fine in pass protection. If Brown can string together a couple PS games like that, I'm fine with him starting.

That said, Doug Legurski really looked horrible in the second half against weaker opposition. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets cut and replaced by a cut from another team.

Not sure what game you were watching, but Legurski did pretty well in the 2nd half. It was the guy to his left - Tom Welch the LT that stank it up repeatedly.

I just watched the Colts PS game again and was surprised to see that Colin Brown did a really good job. He was getting solid push in the run game and was fine in pass protection. If Brown can string together a couple PS games like that, I'm fine with him starting.

That said, Doug Legurski really looked horrible in the second half against weaker opposition. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets cut and replaced by a cut from another team.

I am with you, Brown looked good. Seattle won't give up line depth for a back up, maybe a draft pick...or, wait for someone to be cut that can add competition to brown.

Not sure what game you were watching, but Legurski did pretty well in the 2nd half. It was the guy to his left - Tom Welch the LT that stank it up repeatedly.

I watched through the third Quarter into the 4th ,and Legurski did not look good on any of the plays I watched, and looked bad on around half the plays. It was definitely Legurski. Can you tell me any plays he looked good? He may well have started to look better in the 4th. I didn't get all the way through the game the 2nd time. It was a big difference between Brown's success and Legurski's, which I was surprised to see, because I thought they were neck and neck.

Edited by Matt in KC

We actually got two R4 picks for Lynch.

I'd say that Seattle got the better of that deal. Lynch has elevated Seattle to elite status and is probably a top 5 if not a top 3 fantasy footbal player. The Bills basically chose to keep FJax over Lynch. In hindsight, not such a good move.

To be fair to the Bills though, Lynch did not want to be here any longer.