Improving Job Market

Hey, if you guys think a Republican president would have been better for the economy I'm willing to listen but I've heard nothing about how this would happen and frankly thinks its a bunch of bull crude, but Go For It, I'm all ears!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, if you guys think a Republican president would have been better for the economy I'm willing to listen but I've heard nothing about how this would happen and frankly thinks its a bunch of bull crude, but Go For It, I'm all ears!

I think anyone who didn't create an air of uncertainty in the job market with unbelievably ignorant and unrealistic "job creation" policies and a train wreck of a "health care reform" bill would have been better for the economy.

40 times WORSE that Bush. With the benefit of a one-time creation of 650k temporary jobs. That's pretty much all you need to know.

I think anyone who didn't create an air of uncertainty in the job market with unbelievably ignorant and unrealistic "job creation" policies and a train wreck of a "health care reform" bill would have been better for the economy.

40 times WORSE that Bush. With the benefit of a one-time creation of 650k temporary jobs. That's pretty much all you need to know.

Oh come on, you are just being blindingly partisan. Sad

For example, the Ministry of Plenty's forecast had estimated the output of boots for the quarter at 145 million pairs. The actual output was given as sixty-two millions.

Winston, however, in rewriting the forecast, marked the figure down to fifty-seven millions, so as to allow for the usual claim that the quota had been overfulfilled. In any case, sixty-two millions was no nearer the truth than fifty-seven millions, or than 145 millions. Very likely no boots had been produced at all. Likelier still, nobody knew how many had been produced, much less cared. All one knew was that every quarter astronomical numbers of boots were produced on paper, while perhaps half the population of Oceania went barefoot.

And so it was with every class of recorded fact, great or small. Everything faded away into a shadow-world in which, finally, even the date of the year had become uncertain.

I haven't been around much lately so forgive me if I'm validating a troll, but I can't help but chuckle at these stooges. After 5 years we get a modestly positive indicator and they're claiming vindication? With a straight face? I'm going to start using this tactic on my wife.

The political parties aren't the issue. It's the snowball effect of the ever increasing reach of the government that has been happening the past 50 plus years regardless of which party is in power. That's scary. They're no different.

I'm curious to how the shift to a part time work force (two 20 hr/week employees to replace one 40 hr/week employee), and the removal of individuals from the eligible work force, combined with a swelling glut of individuals on the public dole can be seen as a positive step.

I'm curious to how the shift to a part time work force (two 20 hr/week employees to replace one 40 hr/week employee), and the removal of individuals from the eligible work force, combined with a swelling glut of individuals on the public dole can be seen as a positive step.

Because the rate of unemployment ticked down marginally. What don't you get?

Someone brought up Bush and jobs, lol. I wonder who was a bigger spender of government money, Bush with his wars or Obama with his one time stimulus?

So deficit spending of a trillion dollars +/- per year for 5 years (going on 8) is considered 'one time'? lol

the US needs an asset boom of some kind, much like Tech or Housing.... that is when we are doing well, even though we know the eventually collapse is pretty ugly.

So what is the next boom? Green Energy, doesn't look like it. Domestic Tradtional Energy Production? Perhaps, its happening in North Dakota and the pay is excellent, but that is restricted to certain area of the country. Stock Market? Its already high but that is Fed driven.

Maybe the jobs will never come back?

Someone brought up Bush and jobs, lol. I wonder who was a bigger spender of government money, Bush with his wars or Obama with his one time stimulus?

As the Government gobbles up more of GDP through continous adminstrations, does it really matter who is worse? It kind of like comaring the stench of vomit to diarrhea...

the US needs an asset boom of some kind, much like Tech or Housing.... that is when we are doing well, even though we know the eventually collapse is pretty ugly.

So what is the next boom? Green Energy, doesn't look like it. Domestic Tradtional Energy Production? Perhaps, its happening in North Dakota and the pay is excellent, but that is restricted to certain area of the country. Stock Market? Its already high but that is Fed driven.

Water