T McGee

beerme1

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Omg please god no. I can't take it anymore!!!!

Easy now. I wasn't suggesting we sign him. I was only asking about his whereabouts. I have the ultimate respect for him. He is a true professional.

I do not think for a minute think he could keep up with our practice sessions without getting injured!

Just curious for the guy who will retire one way or another as one of the all time great Bills players.

He has sucked the last two years. No team will touch him. We kept him bc we sucked even worse.

I'm thinking some team will sign him though. We kept him out of respect for being a great Bill with a delusional view that he could overcome the injury bug at his age. Well that and we sucked :lol: Happy trails T McGee!

Easy now. I wasn't suggesting we sign him. I was only asking about his whereabouts. I have the ultimate respect for him. He is a true professional.

I do not think for a minute think he could keep up with our practice sessions without getting injured!

Just curious for the guy who will retire one way or another as one of the all time great Bills players.

"one of the all time great Bills players" is your opinion.

I personally think he was extremely overrated for his entire career (except a few seasons as a kick returner).

But that's besides the point. The point of your thread is that he's ridiculously old and battered and probably wouldn't make it past 2 hours of practice without getting a career injury.

In his prime he was one of the great Bills. His returns were a thing of beauty. A Total team player.

"one of the all time great Bills players" is your opinion.

I personally think he was extremely overrated for his entire career (except a few seasons as a kick returner).

But that's besides the point. The point of your thread is that he's ridiculously old and battered and probably wouldn't make it past 2 hours of practice without getting a career injury.

Practice without getting an injury on this team. He will be able to manage some other teams ritual. Especially if he joins late. I'm betting someone does in fact sign him. It won't be us but I hope he has another shot and goes out on his terms as unlikely as that is. And please show the man some respect. He did a lot of good here on a lot of bad teams. In fact he was the only thing worth watching some times. unless you really liked seeing our punts!

Practice without getting an injury on this team. He will be able to manage some other teams ritual. Especially if he joins late. I'm betting someone does in fact sign him. It won't be us but I hope he has another shot and goes out on his terms as unlikely as that is. And please show the man some respect. He did a lot of good here on a lot of bad teams. In fact he was the only thing worth watching some times. unless you really liked seeing our punts!

his career has been done for years. Realistically since we signed him to a ridiculous contract when we should have signed Greer.

It's no exaggeration, he wouldn't last 3 hours in any teams practice at this point. His career is over. You haven't heard anything from him because he's probably locked in his room in a bed that he can barely get out of at this point.

I show him no respect because just like Roscoe Parrish, I feel he was extremely overrated and nothing special. He had about 2 good years under his actual NFL position with about 2 more years of pretty good returns.

If you have read anything about my opinions of return men in the past, it's nothing new.

Just because he was the only good thing to watch because the rest of our team sucked doesn't mean he was actually good.

Where's Fred Smerlas ? I haven't seen him since Denny's by the Buffalo airport (No Joke).

now that's one Bostonian that I absolutely hate. I can go my entire life with never hearing another word from that traitors mouth.

Practice without getting an injury on this team. He will be able to manage some other teams ritual. Especially if he joins late. I'm betting someone does in fact sign him. It won't be us but I hope he has another shot and goes out on his terms as unlikely as that is.

Loved Terrence.

His body is shot.

If he were here listening to this debate, he would have ruptured an eardrum by now.

I show him no respect because just like Roscoe Parrish, I feel he was extremely overrated and nothing special. He had about 2 good years under his actual NFL position with about 2 more years of pretty good returns.

If you have read anything about my opinions of return men in the past, it's nothing new.

Just because he was the only good thing to watch because the rest of our team sucked doesn't mean he was actually good.

I am sorry, but you are way off base. The guy was the best return guy in team history (that I have ever seen, at least) and one of our most consistent and quality corners for 6 years before injuries started getting him. He wasn't overrated in any respect.

I don't think you can rag on a guy because he started suffering bad knee and nerve injuries in his 7-10 seasons.

I do agree with you that he's done-- but don't get why anyone would or could criticize any aspect of his play.

I am sorry, but you are way off base. The guy was the best return guy in team history (that I have ever seen, at least) and one of our most consistent and quality corners for 6 years before injuries started getting him. He wasn't overrated in any respect.

I don't think you can rag on a guy because he started suffering bad knee and nerve injuries in his 7-10 seasons.

I do agree with you that he's done-- but don't get why anyone would or could criticize any aspect of his play.

he was a good returner, I think roscoe took way too many punts and some KR back that McGee should have taken. his numbers would have maybe doubled. Mcgee was solid as a smaller cb who succumbed to injury, not his fault he was paid so much or got hurt. he tried to come back but just got old. I really wished he could have had one more season before he retired.

This is how I see it too. Also, McGee was a very good man coverage playmaker. His game (and all of the Bills defense) really suffered when the Bills put him almost exclusively zone coverages. The guy toughed it out and took a pay cut to stay with the team. I don't understand faulting him or bashing him because his body was giving out.

well, you have your opinion.

your point being? from what i've seen, he's no better or worse than some of the backups the Bills have paraded out during camp.

jw

you can't be serious John. Your loosing all your cred if you really think a 30+ y/o corner with a history of missing 6+ games a season would be better than anyone on this team.