Da'rick Rogers

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rogers' most damning play was that he "gave up" on the Tuel sack/fumble -- it was blatantly obvious on-screen. That is not going to sit well with the coaches.

In his defense, he may have assumed it was an incomplete pass (which it should have been) and figured the play was dead. But, the guy needs to play hard until he hears a whistle blow. You are right - he will get an earful from the coaches, but I think it was more a matter of not recognizing it was ruled a fumble as opposed to just "giving up".

What makes you conclude this is what he was doing? I've watched the replay several times now, and I didn't get that impression at all.

Looks to sideline, throws hands up in frustration??? Meanwhile, ball is rolling on the turf while nearby defender finishes the play.

Rogers seems a lot like Stevie Johnson when SJ came into the league...raw yet talented, with a penchant for dumb celebrations/spotlight. Rogers has been hyped up by the media a lot more than Johnson was when he was first drafted. I highly doubt Rogers will be let go or put on the practice squad. Some other team would pick him up fast.

Except Stevie didn't get kicked out of an SEC program for multiple drug violations. Other than that, totally the same.

I'd keep Da'Rick over Hogan. Hogan didn't do anything special except drop a pass (more on that below), and it seems that he's a practice stud and gameday dud, because otherwise the Dols would have kept him on their roster last year. Now I love the kid's attitude and moxy, and he could develop into a Welker-kind of player down the line, but the Bills can cut him and stash him on the PS far easier than a guy like Da'Rick.

As for the drop, I watched that 3rd and 2 play over and over and the ball hit him in the hands and it's not like his arms were full extended. IOW, he could have made the reception. Moreover when he made his cut, he didn't go across the field, i.e. parallel to the yard lines, but instead did a slant kind of route. I doubt that's how it was drawn up, and had he gone straight across, would have easily had the reception.

Agree with this Doc

It's crazy I tell ya, crazy. For the past few years I've been hoping Easley turns out to be my guy, this year I go with Da'Rick and Easley looked great (1 game as usual) Hopefully both guys can earn spots on the 53 with solid contributions.

Not liver spots, roster spots.

Looks to sideline, throws hands up in frustration??? Meanwhile, ball is rolling on the turf while nearby defender finishes the play.

So your interpretation is that he was whining at the sidelines because Tuel couldn't get him the ball? I see.

Not that there couldn't be several other explanations for what you saw.

too soon.

but i dont care for attention span issue whether real or perceived.

He is another player that will need to make me a fan. And that will be garnered by playing hard nosed football all the time.

In that regard i would take Hogan all day

Looked like he was asking what they wanted him to do given it looked like an incomplete pass and there isn't much time between plays, like I mentioned in my other post.

Note that the Tool had to reposition him when he lined up on the right side instead of the left later in the game. Concerns about him were not about his athletic ability, but there's a reason he went undrafted. Does he know the playbook? Does he keep his head in the game?

That was a different play. The one where he repositioned Duh Rick was a running play

Both the play where Tuel re-positioned Easley and the one in which he re-positioned Rogers were plays which spoke well of Tuel and his command of the offense.

But those plays don't necessarily reflect poorly on the receivers. QBs will re-position players after the initial formation is called for various reasons. What Tuel did to Rogers could be viewed as analogous to Mario Williams' vain attempts at getting Dareus to move over more into the gap on that much-discussed play.

Pulling something out of your arse with no basis isn't an opinion.

You may want to call it complete unfounded speculation in the future.

There is no reason to believe the coaching staff has any confidence in Rogers.

He clearly has a lot of work to do, and its inside his helmet.

Its pretty clear why he wasn't drafted. You need to be able to pay attention, and learn the playbook to be success. The entire roster of WRs seemed to know their role but Rogers was not on the same page. He also gave up on a "fumble". You learn in little league to play to the whistle. That video is going to scare away a lot of teams.

Its pre season you're trying to make a roster. You sprint behind that player returning the fumble.

He demonstrated he has No heart.

You can make due with scarecrow syndrome (no brain) or Tin Man syndrome (no heart) but not both.

Its early but Rogers dug himself a hole in week 1. TD or no TD.

Why so serious?

JK.

You and eball make some good points but I'm feeling forgiving of Rogers. With good coaching and tough love, he could "get it" at some point. Sometimes it's a process and not a moment.

BTW, kj posted this link in another thread and it breaks down all the players by snap counts. You get to see how many plays Da'Rick played relative to the other wideouts:

http://www.buffaloru...ams-snap-counts

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

Both the play where Tuel re-positioned Easley and the one in which he re-positioned Rogers were plays which spoke well of Tuel and his command of the offense.

But those plays don't necessarily reflect poorly on the receivers. QBs will re-position players after the initial formation is called for various reasons. What Tuel did to Rogers could be viewed as analogous to Mario Williams' vain attempts at getting Dareus to move over more into the gap on that much-discussed play.

Why so serious?

JK.

You and eball make some good points but I'm feeling forgiving of Rogers. With good coaching and tough love, he could "get it" at some point. Sometimes it's a process and not a moment.

BTW, kj posted this link in another thread and it breaks down all the players by snap counts. You get to see how many plays Da'Rick played relative to the other wideouts:

http://www.buffaloru...ams-snap-counts

I mean I'd love for this guy to be the next Randy Moss but you have got to earn it.

23 offensive plays and 1 catch.

Thats not impressive. He was invisible for most of it.

SJ

Goodwin

TJ Graham

Woods

are all locks.

The next 3 could be anyone.

I mean I'd love for this guy to be the next Randy Moss but you have got to earn it.

23 offensive plays and 1 catch.

Thats not impressive. He was invisible for most of it.

SJ

Goodwin

TJ Graham

Woods

are all locks.

The next 3 could be anyone.

Did I say Rogers had earned it?

Did I say Rogers was impressive?

I'm glad you found the link I provided to be useful.

It's the exact reason I posted it.

Again I'm feeling forgiving of the guy and I'm more than happy to give him 3 more weeks to prove his worth… as opposed to those who want to excoriate him for a play that no one can really say he messed up on.

Did I say Rogers had earned it?

Did I say Rogers was impressive?

I'm glad you found the link I provided to be useful.

It's the exact reason I posted it.

Again I'm feeling forgiving of the guy and I'm more than happy to give him 3 more weeks to prove his worth… as opposed to those who want to excoriate him for a play that no one can really say he messed up on.

Not saying you said that. Just sayin'

Wow excoriate. I had to look that one up.

Yeah that is accurate I am removing part of the surface of the skin and looking at the ugly truth behind the media hype.

We have a long way until week 1. Good luck to all the young WRs.