A Few Thoughts About the Game, in no particular order.....

1) Tuel to Easley reminds me of Fitz to SJ. This is a GOOD thing. They played together as scrubs and developed a chemistry. This is a great thing to see.

2) Am I the only one who thought that Crezdon Butler had a very interesting game?

3) Ron Brooks was awful. If he doesn't play twice as good as he did today, he will not make this roster.

4) I sent a letter to am man I know,

It said, "One for the money, two for the show."

I waited all summer for his reply,

He said, "3 to get ready and 4 TO FLY."

5) Manuel? He was every bit as I could have hoped for and more.

6) Welch at LT? Sorry but no. His play resembled that of Raquel.

7) This team has some receivers, no? There are too many to keep. Seriously, they were doing this without Stevie Johnson taking away coverage. They can't keep them all, and I hope that they are able to get draft picks for a couple of them. As a Bills Fan, this was actually strange to watch.

8) Goodwin? OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! He looked like McKelvin with a brain and football instincts!!!!! If his returns can stay anywhere close to what he did today, I don't really care if he ever catches a pass. The 106 yard TD was just that sick!

9) Glenn and Dareus looked out of shape. I guess this is normal for huge players, but it concerns me.

10) Hairston and Pears are not as bad as most of you think that they are.

11) Aaron Williams was surprisingly not bad at safety. Bear in mind that I never saw him play a good game at corner, and have always viewed him as an unthinkably dumb draft choice.

12) Who is this guy Kaufman?

13) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Bill from NYC

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) Tuel to Easley reminds me of Fitz to SJ. This is a GOOD thing. They played together as scrubs and developed a chemistry. This is a great thing to see.

2) Am I the only one who thought that Crezdon Butler had a very interesting game?

3) Ron Brooks was awful. If he doesn't play twice as good as he did today, he will not make this roster.

4) I sent a letter to am man I know,

It said, "One for the money, two for the show."

I waited all summer for his reply,

He said, "3 to get ready and 4 TO FLY."

5) Manuel? He was every bit as I could have hoped for and more.

6) Welch at LT? Sorry but no. His play resembled that of Raquel.

7) This team has some receivers, no? There are too many to keep. Seriously, they were doing this without Stevie Johnson taking away coverage. They can't keep them all, and I hope that they are able to get draft picks for a couple of them. As a Bills Fan, this was actually strange to watch.

8) Goodwin? OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! He looked like McKelvin with a brain and football instincts!!!!! If his returns can stay anywhere close to what he did today, I don't really care if he ever catches a pass. The 106 yard TD was just that sick!

9) Glenn and Dareus looked out of shape. I guess this is normal for huge players, but it concerns me.

10) Hairston and Pears are not as bad as most of you think that they are.

11) Aaron Williams was surprisingly not bad at safety. Bear in mind that I never saw him play a good game at corner, and have always viewed him as an unthinkably dumb draft choice.

12) Who is this guy Kaufman?

13) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12) a guy worth keeping!

Have to disagree on no. 6.

As you should know Bill, in her day, Raquel Welch at LT would have stopped any and all D-linemen in their tracks!

That said, yeah, he didn't impress.

I was also pleased by the fact that pretty much every catchable pass was caught.

Loved what I saw from the D just purely from a schematic standpoint. What a difference. Looks like shockingly its gonna be hard to cut down our receivers. CJ looked just like last year minus the fumble, and Fred looked like his old self on that pass play in the red zone. Loved the fact that guys were playing hard till the final whistle. Also liked how EJ settled in a bit after the early jitters and had a great 2 min drill. Going to be an exciting season I think with some ups and downs, but looks like a different attitude which is good. Go Bills!

And did you hear Warren Sapp gushing about Mario? And he was right. Mario is far and away the best player on this team!!!

Mario got pissed at his fellow D today. Just before they converted a first down with a 5 yard run, he was waving his arms trying to get the DL to shift but they didn't listen. He was visibly pissed after the play, too. This passion is nice to see from our best defensive player. And he is, no matter who says differently.

GO BILLS!!!

Kudo's to the coaching staff- young guys are putting together a good group of men- I have been to camp a couple of times this year. It feels so different. The players are really working hard and playing for each other. I'm not thinking playoffs, but I am thinking this could be the start of something special.

Going for it on 4th and goal?

LOVE IT!!!

Mike Schopp is going to talk about this tomorrow and I want to beat him to the punch: other than Toule this was my favorite part of the game.

There is a difference between a 10 & 13 pt lead contrary to what a lot of fans say. But that difference is mostly offset by field position when the opponent takes over on their 5 after a 4th down fail (as opposed to their 20-25 after a FG). This is pretty basic math that 95%+ of NFL coaches fail miserably at. I hope they didn't go for it just because "it's preseason".