The way too early game thread

bowery4

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for kicking off the 2013 NFL Buffalo Bills Preseason!

For all the hysteria and hand-wringing there's been done in these parts, I'm going to focus on the LG/LT position when I'm not watching EJ air it out (hopefully). On Defense, I'll be keying on the Williams Brothers and Kiko for the most part.

I'm also going to watch Indy's OLine where THEIR LG position is a bucket of yaws and goiters. Copied from an earlier post: Jeff Linkenbach #72, Joe Reitz #76, Donald Thomas #66. These are their Left Guards. Everyone knows they won't go anywhere until they get the LG position nailed down with an All Pro. These three are in quite a battle, each having spent several games at the key LG position in 2012.

It's a pity they didn't address their LG issues in the off season. Their rookie QB was lucky to stay alive, and they obviously would have gone to the SB if they had only addressed their LG issue. Such a pity.

Thanks for kicking off the 2013 NFL Buffalo Bills Preseason!

For all the hysteria and hand-wringing there's been done in these parts, I'm going to focus on the LG/LT position when I'm not watching EJ air it out (hopefully). On Defense, I'll be keying on the Williams Brothers and Kiko for the most part.

I'm also going to watch Indy's OLine where THEIR LG position is a bucket of yaws and goiters. Copied from an earlier post: Jeff Linkenbach #72, Joe Reitz #76, Donald Thomas #66. These are their Left Guards. Everyone knows they won't go anywhere until they get the LG position nailed down with an All Pro. These three are in quite a battle, each having spent several games at the key LG position in 2012.

It's a pity they didn't address their LG issues in the off season. Their rookie QB was lucky to stay alive, and they obviously would have gone to the SB if they had only addressed their LG issue. Such a pity.

A good way to watch this is something I learned back in HS from our DC and I have seen it applied at higher levels.

Watch the angle of the DL pressuring the OL. Is it is a straight line? Is it pocket? Is it pushed/skewed left or right? Then find your MLB. Put them in a triangle. Your DT's to MLB should form a triangle if they are doing their job. You want the pocket pressured from all sides with the DT's around the area of the OG's start position. The MLB should not be too far forward that he could not skim side to side to stop a break out scramble or other such things. It is a basic way to watch what is going on with the defense, should anyone care. I'm not saying you, Nanker, don't know how to watch defense...but some people don't.

I am excited! It is 7:58pm here in Bangkok and the game is on at 12:30am I am ready for some football! Got my 4 streams set up ready to go!

Go Bills! Congrats on all the changes over the off season, lets see what we got!

I live in BKK also maybe we should start a Bills bar here sometime.

Big big day for EJ....

I also wanna see Kiko and hopefully AW can knock some people around playing safety (fingers crossed)

Its not a big day for EJ. Sure its his first "real" action of the NFL, but at the end of the day today, whether he goes 10-10 for 2oo yards and 4 TDs or 0-15 with 3 INTs, its still just the first real action for a rookie QB. In the grand scheme, its meaningless, and has no bearing one way or another on his future.

That being said, i fully expect a freak out/coronation depending on how he looks today.

Its not a big day for EJ. Sure its his first "real" action of the NFL, but at the end of the day today, whether he goes 10-10 for 2oo yards and 4 TDs or 0-15 with 3 INTs, its still just the first real action for a rookie QB. In the grand scheme, its meaningless, and has no bearing one way or another on his future.

That being said, i fully expect a freak out/coronation depending on how he looks today.

Agreed. The "big, big day" will be first game of the season, against the Patriots*.

I think there will be 5(+/-1) overreaction threads, concerning his play.

Edited by Wayne Cubed

Works for me if we can get one to stay open late. Cactus maybe

I would do that if my Thai gf and mother of my child wouldn't kill me or cut off my penis for doing that :blink: ! Plus, I don't drink but that is okay..... I would like to watch games with Bflo people though.

I live out a ways too, Ramintra area. Taxis would be a B word at 4am (or at least expensive). I have been wondering how to do it here. This one is on NFL network not sure even the True plan has it on (I stopped using dish tv 2 years ago) though. How do you usually watch the games here? The NFL internet thing is a pain, easier to find streams in my experience, tried it last year and cancelled after 2 games. The Damn government blocked it at my house!

BTW hope it is an injury free day for the Bills!

GO BILLS!

Football is back! I'm hoping to see something from this young wide receiver corps. From the camp reports, It sounds like Woods will be a move the chains possession receiver. Graham and Goodwin are burners. I'd like to see Hogan and Rogers round out the roster. I don't see anything worthwhile to keep B. Smith around, and wouldn't want to risk losing one of the young guys while we're rebuilding.

Our D can't possibly be worse than it has the last seven years, we need a marked improvement.

From Manuel I just want to see poise in the pocket. Don't run every time you feel a breeze. Don't stare down your receivers. Go through the progressions. Even if a lot of the balls aren't completed, if he can do that I think he'll be fine.

I would do that if my Thai gf and mother of my child wouldn't kill me or cut off my penis for doing that :blink:! Plus, I don't drink but that is okay..... I would like to watch games with Bflo people though.

I live out a ways too, Ramintra area. Taxis would be a B word at 4am (or at least expensive). I have been wondering how to do it here. This one is on NFL network not sure even the True plan has it on (I stopped using dish tv 2 years ago) though. How do you usually watch the games here? The NFL internet thing is a pain, easier to find streams in my experience, tried it last year and cancelled after 2 games. The Damn government blocked it at my house!

BTW hope it is an injury free day for the Bills!

GO BILLS!

Thai women do tend to have a jealosy issue, in the same boat here. who can blame them every time you step out of the house it is like a thousand guided missles firing at you. the gameplan did not wrk well for me either, but... the streaming I can never seem to find a good stream that lasts consistently through the game or even a quarter. I usually virtual watch using NFL.com and I have two screeens so I keep theTBD commentary running at the same time. Unless I find a good stream, I always try that first.

Thai women do tend to have a jealosy issue, in the same boat here. who can blame them every time you step out of the house it is like a thousand guided missles firing at you. the gameplan did not wrk well for me either, but... the streaming I can never seem to find a good stream that lasts consistently through the game or even a quarter. I usually virtual watch using NFL.com and I have two screeens so I keep theTBD commentary running at the same time. Unless I find a good stream, I always try that first.

LOL especially if you are going to sio cowboy! I understand about the links but if you spend time and energy, I only missed 1/2 a game last year. I only use one screen and stay out the shout box as it is going faster than the plays here and I hate knowing before it happens, when something is going on.

I can mail you some links if you want (although only 2 or three are tested for this year so far) I was down to one last year. But it worked most the time.

Edited by bowery4

LOL especially if you are going to sio cowboy! I understand about the links but if you spend time and energy, I only missed 1/2 a game last year. I only use one screen and stay out the shout box as it is going faster than the plays here and I hate knowing before it happens, when something is going on.

Thanks I am going to try harder then, glad to hear it can be done successfully. I tend to get caught in streaming threads that are trying to sell something and it is really annoying to have to x out of that constantly.

Can't be repeated enough. The stat line or a single play won't matter much for any of these young guys. Just use the eye test - do they belong on the field, regardless of how 20 plays with an odd mix of players around them works out