Is Da'Rick Rogers this year's Vontaze Burfict?

Good comparison. But remember that what is in question is Rodgers ability to stay on the field due to his off the field antics. I always think you can take on one guy who has talent but a bit of a knucklehead now and again. You don't want a locker room full of guys like that but if you got a good locker room you can take on one guy in exchange for talent at a good value.

There's really no persuasive argument offered in the article to make us think Rogers will shine this year - though I hope you're right. What makes Rogers such a great NFL prospect? Superior body control? Hand-eye coordination? Route running? Speed? Elusiveness? Strength?

Somebody or another compared Rogers to Randy Moss and I hope that - on the field - the comparison proves justified. As of right now, I'm not expecting him to crack the starting lineup.

I have to give Coach Tuesday credit that was awesome, but let's be honest so far this kid has been impressive in camps. He is a free draft pick. I remember when Vontaze was called by Marvin Lewis, Marvin told him he would give him an opportunity but if he slipped once it was over. Vontaze didn't act up he played very well and shined. I think that was important.

Da'Rick Rogers has never really had that support, but at Tennessee Tech he has not had any problems. He was the guy that feel out the draft due to character. He will now get a shot to prove his worth. I feel he will shock everyone.

I wouldn't say vontaze slipped through the cracks - he was a train wreck that has simply made the most of his chance so far. He created the cracks and forced his way through them to get to his undrafted status.

So, yes? Because you SAID no, but you just described what a "yes" answer would be.

So, yes? Because you SAID no, but you just described what a "yes" answer would be.

My point was I think small school, or diamond in the rough when I hear slipped through the cracks not a guy that was a first round talent that had a huge volume of issues to make him undraftable in vontazes case drugs, getting out of shape, a temper, and more. Did Rodgers really slip through the cracks if 14 teams called to sign him immediately? He wasn't forgotten or never known or

There's really no persuasive argument offered in the article to make us think Rogers will shine this year - though I hope you're right. What makes Rogers such a great NFL prospect? Superior body control? Hand-eye coordination? Route running? Speed? Elusiveness? Strength?

Somebody or another compared Rogers to Randy Moss and I hope that - on the field - the comparison proves justified. As of right now, I'm not expecting him to crack the starting lineup.

If you're gonna make a ridiculous comparison, I think his game compares more to TO than Moss, albeit they both are ridiculous at this point

It was Pat Kirwan on Sirius XM (Moving the Chains) that made that comment when they visited Bills camp. He followed up that statement by saying how "thick" he was in the body. That statement made me think of TO, not Moss. In any case, Kirwan felt that he had the skill set to make the roster.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/pat-kirwan/22951661/bills-observations-in-qb-battle-prepared-rookie-manuel-looks-to-get-nod

Edited by I_want_2_BILL_Lieve

My point was I think small school, or diamond in the rough when I hear slipped through the cracks not a guy that was a first round talent that had a huge volume of issues to make him undraftable in vontazes case drugs, getting out of shape, a temper, and more. Did Rodgers really slip through the cracks if 14 teams called to sign him immediately? He wasn't forgotten or never known or

Yes, he slipped through the cracks. And a LOT of people called on Burfict, too. I'm assuming you don't know Da'Rick's story?

Edited by DStebb716

Perhaps SJ will tone this guys act down enough to be a useful addition for us. Take him under his wing and make him a family man. LOL! Honestly though if Stevie can get with him and straighten him out enough to avoid trouble this could be an incredible find.

I think physically Rogers reminds me a little bit of Dez Bryant and I like Rogers toughness (in the college video I've seen he took some pretty good hits but the ball never looked jarred) but he has to improve his route running

Are the Bills going to be in 3 WRs a lot? that's the impression I get but don't know, Stevie and then two out of Graham, Woods and Rodgers, -Goodwin is a given and probably will be featured as a returner, then maybe Hogan and Smith I think they are both pretty good on ST

The only way he doesn't make the roster is if he gets a DWI on the drive from St. John Fisher to Buffalo. First Team All-SEC guys are NFL players.

He and Woods are both absolute studs. It will be interesting to see who gets the most looks.

Woods. Without a doubt. I have high hopes for Rogers, but let's not forget who Woods is.

Yes, he slipped through the cracks. And a LOT of people called on Burfict, too. I'm assuming you don't know Da'Rick's story?

I'm well aware his story - again, my point was the phrase "slipped through the cracks" is very passive in my opinion - as if it wasnt their own choices or they didnt have teammates and coaches who would have been much happier with those talents fully contributing to their teams and fought to keep them contributing... Damond, no offense but your story grossly understates the issues vontaze had - even in the predraft lead up it wasnt just a failed drug test, he was out of shape, his measurables were a mess (ran a 5.1 40, for instance), word was his interviews were epic failures... That disregards how awful his final college season was. Likewise da'rick had a completely unmentioned knack for taking plays (and games) off. Both deserve to be taken to task for the behavior that got them where they were on draft day,

I've been a supporter of da'rick since before the draft and have followed his story for quite some time (dating back to his college recruitment) - what the two have in common are immense physical gifts and noteworthy attitude and drug issues that forced them to undrafted status. Vontaze has stayed out of trouble approximately one year, and truly we don't know what that amounts to off the field besides "hasn't been arrested, or failed a drug test" likewise da'rick. I love a good redemption story and hope we have one on our hands but both have a lot to prove.

Last up, and I know this sounds a bit curmudgeonly on my part (as if the rest hasn't), but the comparison between the two has been obvious and made for months. The second da'rick went undrafted the comparisons between the two first round talents that went undrafted were made by anyone and everyone discussing da'rick. He's not a sleeper - he's not a guy that might surprise - fans are already expecting him to be a contributor as long as his heads on straight and he doesn't mess up. With just a post id likely let it slide more or try to be less blunt but with it being a linked article I'm going to hold it to a bit higher of a standard and this one fell flat for me.

Edited by NoSaint

Not to rain on your parade, but there's not much analysis in your article.

"last year a knucklehead did well, so this year's knucklehead might do well also."

Is there something about their families, their support systems, their coaching, their particular brand of knuckleheadness (weed?) that lends itself to a fresh start (being not physically addictive, but merely psychologically addictive)? It seems to me the better comparison might be Burfict = Honey Badger (although I fully understand that burfict and Da'rick were undrafted and considered borderline undraftable).

Give me a little bit more to sink my teeth into.

Edited by maddenboy