Eagles' WR Riley Cooper: Whoops!

Making fun of black culture is something that I think nearly everyone here would frown upon. You should feel shame and remorse. Although there is no singular black culture for you to denigrate, there are a myriad of cultures that blacks have experienced. Your blanket statement attempts to shame them all, but only reflects upon your bigoted mind. I doubt you'll sleep tonight knowing what a dirty deed was done.

As far as your drive-by posts, we do have a few low-lives that practice that. I guess it goes with the territory. We chalk drive-bys up to cowards who know they couldn't hack it here so they throw out a few insults as they speed away. I always wonder if they never had balls or if they know the exact moment when they lost them.

Oh, please. To the bolded: You're obviously so narcissistic that you would project your own repressed prejudice on to me. Usually when someone writes "Seriously?" it's clearly meant to diminish the notion. As in, "There are actually morons here who would create a debate about such a thing?" The clowns that tried to link race as a cause of socioeconomic suffering are the only bigots I see here. Of course there is a chance you might have been sarcastic, but since that requires a modicum of intelligence, I'll assume that you weren't.

Thanks for thinking of my genitalia. Finally, something you and your wife have in common. Once again, how vain it is of you to imagine that those of us who choose not to post here don't because we're scared of the big bad PPP tough guys. The truth is, most of us have better things to do then to spend all day defending our opinions to people unwilling to stray from their shallow and sheltered perceptions of the world. It'd be like you trying to convince me the sky isn't blue; You can insult me all you want and cite all the other boneheads who agree with you, but I'm not changing my mind. I recognize the futility of having a "discussion" with others who are fundamentally opposed to considering anything that doesn't fit in to their preconceived positions.

So now that we have an understanding, I'll gladly continue to refrain from posting here, except when I'm in the mood for a laugh. But don't think for a second it's because I'm intimidated by any one of you. I actually think there are some interesting conversations that occur in PPP, but it's not worth navigating through the nonsensical posts by jerks like you to follow along. When I want to have an intelligent conversation, you better believe I'm not looking in this dark corner of the board.

Again:

It's cool if you feel that way and I understand. It must be tough to constantly argue tangentially related points that will be used to misrepresent the crux of the matter.

I hope you find some satisfaction that your prophecy of me "speeding away" will come true. Please ignore the bulk of my post and focus on some minor detail in order to distort what I meant, or to conclude something completely irrelative to the point. I know you can't help but to do so.

I'd be happy to continue to talk about the original topic as I think there is quite an interesting dynamic developing in the relationships between Cooper and his teammates. But since the topic was moved to PPP, all that's developed is a convoluted insult-fest encompassing LBJ's social programs and foreclosed housing. To me that speaks volumes. I can stoop to your level, I just don't make a habit of it. However, once in a while, I want to remind you douche bags that people like me can hack it, we just choose not to.

It must be so exciting for you lonely old !@#$s when fresh meat walks in the place. Sorry to disappoint but I won't be staying long. If you're really that interested, I'm always willing to discuss football on the Wall, since we at least have some common ground there.

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, please. To the bolded: You're obviously so narcissistic that you would project your own repressed prejudice on to me. Usually when someone writes "Seriously?" it's clearly meant to diminish the notion. As in, "There are actually morons here who would create a debate about such a thing?" The clowns that tried to link race as a cause of socioeconomic suffering are the only bigots I see here. Of course there is a chance you might have been sarcastic, but since that requires a modicum of intelligence, I'll assume that you weren't.

Thanks for thinking of my genitalia. Finally, something you and your wife have in common. Once again, how vain it is of you to imagine that those of us who choose not to post here don't because we're scared of the big bad PPP tough guys. The truth is, most of us have better things to do then to spend all day defending our opinions to people unwilling to stray from their shallow and sheltered perceptions of the world. It'd be like you trying to convince me the sky isn't blue; You can insult me all you want and cite all the other boneheads who agree with you, but I'm not changing my mind. I recognize the futility of having a "discussion" with others who are fundamentally opposed to considering anything that doesn't fit in to their preconceived positions.

So now that we have an understanding, I'll gladly continue to refrain from posting here, except when I'm in the mood for a laugh. But don't think for a second it's because I'm intimidated by any one of you. I actually think there are some interesting conversations that occur in PPP, but it's not worth navigating through the nonsensical posts by jerks like you to follow along. When I want to have an intelligent conversation, you better believe I'm not looking in this dark corner of the board.

Again:

I hope you find some satisfaction that your prophecy of me "speeding away" will come true. Please ignore the bulk of my post and focus on some minor detail in order to distort what I meant, or to conclude something completely irrelative to the point. I know you can't help but to do so.

I'd be happy to continue to talk about the original topic as I think there is quite an interesting dynamic developing in the relationships between Cooper and his teammates. But since the topic was moved to PPP, all that's developed is a convoluted insult-fest encompassing LBJ's social programs and foreclosed housing. To me that speaks volumes. I can stoop to your level, I just don't make a habit of it. However, once in a while, I want to remind you douche bags that people like me can hack it, we just choose not to.

It must be so exciting for you lonely old !@#$s when fresh meat walks in the place. Sorry to disappoint but I won't be staying long. If you're really that interested, I'm always willing to discuss football on the Wall, since we at least have some common ground there.

Your entire post could have been summed up in two words: confirmation bias.

No one here has said that the plight of black Americans is due to their blackness. It's actually incredibly ugly that you'd stoop to reducing voices you disagree with to that particular falsehood.

Your entire post could have been summed up in two words: confirmation bias.

No one here has said that the plight of black Americans is due to their blackness. It's actually incredibly ugly that you'd stoop to reducing voices you disagree with to that particular falsehood.

HAHAHAHA **** for brains- YOU were the one who brought it up!

The majority of black people cling to victimhood like a !@#$ing life raft; actually seeking out ways to be offended so that they can faux-justify their self imposed situations without taking a scrap of blame.

Unbelievable. You are so !@#$ing stupid you don't even realize it. Nice try, dimwit.

HAHAHAHA **** for brains- YOU were the one who brought it up!

Unbelievable. You are so !@#$ing stupid you don't even realize it. Nice try, dimwit.

See, this is what you get when you cherry pick parts of a larger conversation in order to hide the actual context. Fortunatly, we have the rest of the thread which decimates your position.

You've fallen into the trap of your confirmation biases, as I stated earlier. You'll note that nowhere, even in the snippet you've taken, does it even imply that any black American clings to victimhood because they are black. Infact, the next 10 or so pages are filled with an alternative offering, in which I expressly state that the issue in not biological, nor tied to race; instead arguing that: a) it's a cultural phenomenon, b) that the culture is multi-racial, and c) assuming those cultural values is a choice.

Now that your idiotic assertions have been shown for what they are, I have a suggestion for you: stop being dishonest and lazy, and your arguments might not be so terrible.

Again:

It's always fun to see someone typing paragraphs of nonsense trying to backtrack and explain away their errors. Simply put, you denigrated black culture (as if there is such a thing as one black culture) and now are attempting to walk away from your commment. The more you talk, the less convincing you are.

You tried to show how superior you are to the rest of us by claiming you only did drive-bys here. When I explained to you that only cowards do that you responded by telling me that my wife thinks of your dick and balls. The funny thing is that you'll most likely go back to the Wall and tell people what schitheads we are down here.

See, this is what you get when you cherry pick parts of a larger conversation in order to hide the actual context. Fortunatly, we have the rest of the thread which decimates your position.

You've fallen into the trap of your confirmation biases, as I stated earlier. You'll note that nowhere, even in the snippet you've taken, does it even imply that any black American clings to victimhood because they are black. Infact, the next 10 or so pages are filled with an alternative offering, in which I expressly state that the issue in not biological, nor tied to race; instead arguing that: a) it's a cultural phenomenon, b) that the culture is multi-racial, and c) assuming those cultural values is a choice.

Now that your idiotic assertions have been shown for what they are, I have a suggestion for you: stop being dishonest and lazy, and your arguments might not be so terrible.

Hey !@#$tard, the only reason that I "cherry picked" that quote is that it was YOUR original assertion, from which you subsequently backtracked once others made note of your asinine position. Any reasonable person who would read what you wrote would assume that you're a racist !@#$, and you've done nothing since to refute that. I didn't "take it out of context" as you imply, YOU put it out there without any provocation, and then were forced to create additional context to explain your harebrained allegation.

If your implication wasn't that black people's problems are their own fault, because they're black, surely you would've phrased it in another way. And then you wouldn't go on to claim that "some cultures are better than others." Cultures can be defined ethnically or socially. You chose the former, then half-heartedly claim you meant the latter all along.

I'm far from dishonest or lazy, although you are making a great case that you in fact are very much both.

It's always fun to see someone typing paragraphs of nonsense trying to backtrack and explain away their errors. Simply put, you denigrated black culture (as if there is such a thing as one black culture) and now are attempting to walk away from your commment. The more you talk, the less convincing you are.

You tried to show how superior you are to the rest of us by claiming you only did drive-bys here. When I explained to you that only cowards do that you responded by telling me that my wife thinks of your dick and balls. The funny thing is that you'll most likely go back to the Wall and tell people what schitheads we are down here.

Nope, I'm still here. Please direct me to ANY post where I've denigrated anyone besides morons who had it coming. If you want to continue to move the goalposts and talk about your misguided perception of me, be my guest.

Calling what I wrote "nonsense" speaks more to your cognitive deficiency than it does to my ability to communicate. I can dumb it down for you if you like:

YOUR MISUNDERSTANDING OF WHAT I'VE WRITTEN IS A FAULT OF YOURS, NOT MINE.

Since attempting to communicate with the likes of you has once again proven to be futile, I guess you "win," as I think I'm just about done here.

"Haha, we drove that idiot out of here! Look how smart and powerful we are!" Congrats, dickhead.

Edited by uncle flap

Hey !@#$tard, the only reason that I "cherry picked" that quote is that it was YOUR original assertion, from which you subsequently backtracked once others made note of your asinine position. Any reasonable person who would read what you wrote would assume that you're a racist !@#$, and you've done nothing since to refute that. I didn't "take it out of context" as you imply, YOU put it out there without any provocation, and then were forced to create additional context to explain your harebrained allegation.

If your implication wasn't that black people's problems are their own fault, because they're black, surely you would've phrased it in another way. And then you wouldn't go on to claim that "some cultures are better than others." Cultures can be defined ethnically or socially. You chose the former, then half-heartedly claim you meant the latter all along.

I'm far from dishonest or lazy, although you are making a great case that you in fact are very much both.

Nope, I'm still here. Please direct me to ANY post where I've denigrated anyone besides morons who had it coming. If you want to continue to move the goalposts and talk about your misguided perception of me, be my guest.

Calling what I wrote "nonsense" speaks more to your cognitive deficiency than it does to my ability to communicate. I can dumb it down for you if you like:

Since attempting to communicate with the likes of you has once again proven to be futile, I guess you "win," as I think I'm just about done here.

"Haha, we drove that idiot out of here! Look how smart and powerful we are!" Congrats, dickhead.

When you put things in all caps that is known as shouting, or in other words an inability to communicate normally. Do you deny that your novelette that you previously posted here was nothing other than an attempt to backtrack your denigration of black culture(s)?

As far as you leaving here, why are you making a big deal of it? You've already admitted that all you ever do here is to take the cowards way out and do drive-bys. I don't really give a damn whether you stay or leave. Your posts aren't particularly interesting and if your insults consist of calling people dickheads and saying my wife is interested in your weenie is the best you have, you aren't worth the time to give you a proper beatdown.

You think this is ridiculous?

How about this: you shouldn't refer to taking lunch to work as "brown bagging it" because, you know, there are options that are less offensive to, I guess, your lunch. And calling someone a 'citizen?' Well, that is potentially offensive to, ummm, non citizens?

Try Washington State on for size.

Public affairs officers at Seattle city agencies were advised in a recent memo that use of the phrases “brown bag” and “citizens” are potentially offensive, and that the words must be chosen.

“Luckily, we’ve got options,” Elliott Bronstein of the Office for Civil Rights wrote in a missive entitled “On ‘brown bags, ‘citizens’ and language”.

“For ‘brown bag,’ try ‘lunch-and-learn’ or ‘sack lunch,’” wrote Bronstein. “For ‘citizens,’ how about ‘residents?’ (Our Citizens Service Bureau became the Customer Service Bureau a few years ago.) Just thought I’d bring this up. Language matters, and the city has entrusted us with the keyboards.”

What could be the offense of using “brown bag” or “citizens,” especially having witness Mayor Mike McGinn’s special pleasure at the swearing in of new U.S. citizens at the Seattle Center on Independence Day.

“This issue came up in one of the departments and I thought I’d send it around as an fyi for your consideration. We often use the expression ‘brown bag’ to designate a bring-your-own lunch time event. We also use the word ‘citizens’ as a synonym for ‘residents.’

“Innocuous phrases, right? Mm, not so much for. For some people, the phrase ‘brown bag’ calls up ugly associations with use of the expression ‘brown bag’ to determine if people’s skin color was light enough to allow admission to an event, a home, etc.

“‘Citizens’ is a different case: We sometimes use it as another way of saying ‘members of the public’ — except for all the members of the public who aren’t actually citizens but who live and work here.”

You think this is ridiculous?

How about this: you shouldn't refer to taking lunch to work as "brown bagging it" because, you know, there are options that are less offensive to, I guess, your lunch. And calling someone a 'citizen?' Well, that is potentially offensive to, ummm, non citizens?

Try Washington State on for size.

Wouldn't sack lunch be offensive to people like John Kruk?

*Note*

Funniest Thing Tom Arnold ever said was to John Kruk when Strahan set the sack record at 22.5. Just 22 more Kruk and you'll tie Strahan

So, even though the actual paper bag sold for lunches is brown,

we cannot call lunch, brown-bagging , because it MIGHT offend someone.

I would humbly suggest that anyone foolish enough to be offended, is not worth the time, because lack of intelligence such as that will ALWAYS be offended.

The idea that they are excusing him to go to get sensativity training is hilarious.

There are far greater issues on that team. How many of those guys are addicts? Violent? Elsewise in danger due to health (overweight?)...

Funny, the only two-way debate I've seen was over the definition of "black culture" I haven't seen anything resembling an answer from you or Tgreg to the underlying question of socioeconomic disparity and why it's getting larger, despite a two generation-long war on poverty?I get it, it's your first visit to the dark side of the board, and you were put off by the tone that's usually afforded to newbies. And you resorted to a knee jerk Wall Street tangent when someone brought up black culture & crime.Yet you're still here after 10 page. So, what's your rationale for the disparity?

I would gladly engage you indoctrinated morons with new information but it would be primarily pointless as most of you are incapable of any independent critical thinking. Just stay deeply ensconced in your tired old cave of reflexed, regurgitated, ridiculous, ravenous right-wing rhetoric that you masquerade as intelligent thought.

I know you are comfortable there as it makes you feel a false sense of superiority that you desperately need to cling to.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Apparently the term "backtrack" has been expanded to include: reinforcing with hard data, staunchly defending, and winning the orgional argument on merit; the term "reasonable person" has been expanded to include: knee-jerk reactionaries, individuals lacking the ability to follow a logical thought process, and people who can't read; and "racist" has been redefined completely as: people who call uncle flap out as an unthinking hack with a ghettoized mind.

Furthermore, I'm not sure you understand how conversations work. Infact, I'm 100% certain you do not, so I'll explain to you how human beings communicate: People don't offer unprovoked thesis detailing the entirety of a position, and exchange 10,000 word posts. They talk and convey and clarify ideas as needed.

It must be nice to have superhuman powers with which you can devine alterior motive and intent which fly in the face of the actual words they use. Oh, wait, it's not really a superpower: it's just a sad, faux-raging, hyper-leftist, 3 year old demanding that everyone retroactively meant what he wants them to in order to justify his self-serving, anti-intellectual, anti-progress agenda which grants him a sense of faux-superiority as he reaches out to help the floundering minorities who he feels aren't good enough or smart enough to help themselves.

from dishonest or lazy, although you are making a great case that you in fact are very much both.

Oh, save it. You've got exactly zero people fooled, and you've got 18 pages of evidence naming you fraud and liar. Grow up, and stop attempting to argue dishonestly. That might work on the playground, but you're way out of your depth here, junior.

LOL, so when you "misunderstand" (read intentionally misrepresent) the written intents of others, it's their fault, and they are likely backtracking racists. However, when others misunderstand your drivel, it's their fault? bull ****, illogical, double-standard hackery much?

Did your mother have any kids who lived?

Edited by TakeYouToTasker