Torell Troup Tweet

Should have kept Kellen Heard and dropped Troupe. The nose is ground zero for big collisions and back-breaking battles. The odds are that he won't hold up, and I think if he gets hurt again Whaley is going to release him.

I don't blame him for working hard and being optimistic, the poor guy is trying to make a living but his body isn't cooperating.

Should have not signed Mark Anderson and kept Dwan Edwards.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The guy played with a broken back. Your tone suggests he is along the McCargo route. Totally different thing. By all accounts TT has been on a mission to get healthy. He flashed some talent as a rookie and couple that his determination we could have something here. He made some decent $ the past few years, more than most of us have a chance to make and could easily have walked away but didn't. I am pulling for him and like someone else said, we are basically playing with house money here.

Like I said we've heard all this before

I like how you are giving him credit for not walking away just bc he's already made some money like trying to get more isn't motivation...I can't say earned bc he simply hasn't done that

Edited by Max997

Like I said we've heard all this before

I like how you are giving him credit for not walking away just bc he's already made some money like trying to get more isn't motivation...I can't say earned bc he simply hasn't done that

Yes I do give him credit. The NFL has a huge list of guys that took that route. TT had a major injury, tried to comeback last year and was not physically ready to do so despite doing everything possible to be able too. The Bills obviously agree which is why is still here.

Not playing because a legitimate injury makes it impossible is not a character flaw.

Sweet he's finally healthy enough to release. I'm sorry I had high hopes for this guy but he's always a let down. I feel bad for his constant injury problem but it's time to cut the cord. Plenty of talent out there not getting rich on the sidelines in street clothes EVERY YEAR!

Boo!

Not to be a negative Nancy but he is Marcus Easley (or John McCargo) to me. A guy that has stuck for multiple years and contributed nothing. I hope that he proves me wrong because we were told that he is a run stuffer. This team needs to stuff the run. I'll believe it when I see it.

I dont see it that way at all. Some folks did not know he is even on the team which is interesting enough about fans.

I know enough of his story to think we should be fans of his . The kid has done nothing but work to achieve his dream the whole time.

He actually played with his back broken until Gailey is the one that told him to stop and that was enough.

I am not going to dig up info to make a point , but trust me on this. The young man deserves a ton of respect .

I will dare say most all of us would have quit after the surgery.

Those who know, know.

I respect the kid . And have look up to him in a way.

Oh and he might be the nose guard Pettine needs , one hell of a rotation is shaping up for the guys putting their fingers in the dirt

Yes I do give him credit. The NFL has a huge list of guys that took that route. TT had a major injury, tried to comeback last year and was not physically ready to do so despite doing everything possible to be able too. The Bills obviously agree which is why is still here.

Not playing because a legitimate injury makes it impossible is not a character flaw.

Thank you Edited by 3rdand12

Sweet he's finally healthy enough to release. I'm sorry I had high hopes for this guy but he's always a let down. I feel bad for his constant injury problem but it's time to cut the cord. Plenty of talent out there not getting rich on the sidelines in street clothes EVERY YEAR!

:thumbdown:

Haven't we heard this before?

I would be shocked if he makes the team and actually contributes

:thumbsup:

Found money?? They've been paying this guy not to play for the past 2 years.

Seeing as we don't have a pure backup NT, Troup easily has a role he could fill for this team if he stays healthy and plays up to his potential.

I agree. His potential is that of a backup. Too bad they spent a 2nd round pick on that.

I agree. His potential is that of a backup. Too bad they spent a 2nd round pick on that.

How could you possibly assess his potential when he hasn't played? The "found money" comment is dead on; we have no idea what the guy can do because he has been hurt. As of today, his draft position is irrelevant; we can either keep going back and picking apart previous decisions or focus on what a particular player is doing now.

Additionally, with the way in which this defense plans to rotate players across the line, the backups are nearly as important as the starters.

How could you possibly assess his potential when he hasn't played? The "found money" comment is dead on; we have no idea what the guy can do because he has been hurt. As of today, his draft position is irrelevant; we can either keep going back and picking apart previous decisions or focus on what a particular player is doing now.

Additionally, with the way in which this defense plans to rotate players across the line, the backups are nearly as important as the starters.

At his best, he was overdrafted--even as NT. And you have no idea how this staff plans to rotate players on the D line.

Some of you need to look up the popular use of the phrase "found money". In this case it would involve, say picking up an UFA or someone off of waivers and signing him cheap and finding out he is a solid contributor or starter. Troup satisfies none of those criteria, having been drafted in the second round (ahead of far more productive player) and has played a handful of games in 3 years. At best, if he is healthy, he may be a backup at his position. That's not "found money". That's hoping the losses from a bad bet can be minimized.

At his best, he was overdrafted--even as NT. And you have no idea how this staff plans to rotate players on the D line.

Some of you need to look up the popular use of the phrase "found money". In this case it would involve, say picking up an UFA or someone off of waivers and signing him cheap and finding out he is a solid contributor or starter. Troup satisfies none of those criteria, having been drafted in the second round (ahead of far more productive player) and has played a handful of games in 3 years. At best, if he is healthy, he may be a backup at his position. That's not "found money". That's hoping the losses from a bad bet can be minimized.

If you get production out of him then you are in better shape than you were without him on the field. I agree with you that he was over-drafted. But salvaging something is better than not salvaging something. As e-ball stated rotating d-linemen has now become the standard practice for most teams. So if you have a backup involved in the regular rotation that is almost as important as having your starter play well.

TT has been plagued with a back problem since he has been with the team. He has worked hard to get back on to the field. He is the type of prerson you root for. He is never going to be a stud perfomer but he can be a useful player for the defense. I'll take that.

If you get production out of him then you are in better shape than you were without him on the field. I agree with you that he was over-drafted. But salvaging something is better than not salvaging something. As e-ball stated rotating d-linemen has now become the standard practice for most teams. So if you have a backup involved in the regular rotation that is almost as important as having your starter play well.

TT has been plagued with a back problem since he has been with the team. He has worked hard to get back on to the field. He is the type of prerson you root for. He is never going to be a stud perfomer but he can be a useful player for the defense. I'll take that.

I'll agree with your last paragraph John. I was just pointing out that stopping losses is not like "found money", no matter how one spins this.