How many times do you check the board a day

Great topic. I check this POS board about 17 times a day since I have had a smart phone. I can be totally busy at work, or on a date, or in bed, and I can't help but going straight to this board. I don't know why. I hate myself for it and I feel so cheap and unfulfilled every time I do it. What am I looking for?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great topic. I check this POS board about 17 times a day since I have had a smart phone. I can be totally busy at work, or on a date, or in bed, and I can't help but going straight to this board. I don't know why. I hate myself for it and I feel so cheap and unfulfilled every time I do it. What am I looking for?

Love, apparently in all the wrong places.

Far too much to admit publicly.

Perhaps if you post in this thread we can evaluate you more thoroughly and come to a diagnosis.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/159698-splain-your-avatar/

Checking the site and reading the site are two different questions. Depending on the time of year, the volume of news and my level of boredom, the number of visits fluctuates from several times a day to several times a month. The amount of time I spend reading threads depends on the topics.

I'm definitely here during the offseason more than the season. Usually during the season I am so disappointed and disgusted that coming here puts me in a bad mood

That's interesting.

Im here in season way more vs offseason. However I can relate to your frustration. I'll just skip a week sometimes as Senator's countdown has more losses in his countdown.

19-0 Baby. Then 8-8 baby. You get the drift.

I'm with you JR. Never check during the season. Usually it's because we are losing and in the offseason it's the only time for hope

The first 8 weeks are the best part to me. We still have hope during the 1st 8 weeks.

You should check it out during that time.

Depends.

If I started a post (which i've done maybe 25 times) or replied to a post with something possibly controversial, I check maybe 15-20.

In the offseason I get used to having not much new here, so maybe 3 ish.

During the season maybe 3, and on gameday, prolly 10.

Edited by maddenboy

I'm with you JR. Never check during the season. Usually it's because we are losing and in the offseason it's the only time for hope

Hope springs eternal...and then we start playing!!

The first 8 weeks are the best part to me. We still have hope during the 1st 8 weeks.

You should check it out during that time.

I am definitely on here during the season, just exponentially more during the off-season.

The times during the season that I am on a ton is after a big win. After a loss, I tend to need to get away.

I'm definitely here during the offseason more than the season. Usually during the season I am so disappointed and disgusted that coming here puts me in a bad mood

Funny. During the disappointment of the actual season I find it somewhat of therapy to come in and read the good posts and nonsense alike

Not as often as I could and more often than I should.

I have a theory that I check much more during the off-season than during the regular season.

Interesting. I think I tend to post more in the off-season and "check"/read/lurk more during the season for some reason. Some of that may have to do with the fact that I'm involved in several fantasy football leagues and my younger son plays football so I'm at his practices M-F in August, then a couple times a week once the season starts plus games on Saturdays. Also, I need time to "decompress" after a Bills loss. Often times there's just too much vitriol on the board after a loss and it does nothing to help my mood. Although their thirteen years of futility has left me numb and emotionless following a loss, I just don't feel like talking Bills for a while. I just want to forget about them, if only for a while. I get that being here can be therapeutic for some and that's cool, too.

I asked this on another board as well. I must check in on the stadium wall at least 15 times a day. As we get closer to the season hat number will only grow. I got the Bills fever and I got it bad. last thing I do as I lie in bed at night is scan through the topics (or read about old Bills seasons on Wikipedia) and one of the first things I do when I wake up is check the board on my phone. Lets Go Buffalo

I thought i had it bad just checking it 2 or 3 times a day & on a bad day 5 WOW !!

I guess my fandom was just humbled ... Hopefully your wife is a fan too, if not she is probably pissed at you most of the time...

I thought i had it bad just checking it 2 or 3 times a day & on a bad day 5 WOW !!

I guess my fandom was just humbled ... Hopefully your wife is a fan too, if not she is probably pissed at you most of the time...

Nope. She's from South America and hates american football....but she is a saint when it comes to putting up with my sports fanaticism (mainly NFL and college hoops, we see eye to eye on soccer). I recently realized to my horror week 1 is the same day as her birthday. She said "its OK babe, this is your first year with season tickets. You shouldn't miss a game.".....now with that said I'm going to come up with something good....

Biggest bills fan in the world. Lurk like crazy. Never post anything. Base everything I know off this site. Thank you.

"Biggest bills fan in the world." No, I am. ;)

"Lurk like crazy." Perfectly acceptable. :flirt:

"Never post anything." You have at least 11 times prior to this thread. :nana:

"Base everything I know off this site." Scary. :w00t: :devil:

"Thank you." You're welcome. :P

Maybe lucky post number 13 will be in the not too distant future...