Obamanomics

Today I learned that all market forces are inflation.

All price appreciation is a result inflation. Also, incremental changes in units purchased in response to price changes constitutes a shift in demand. Demand is inflationary, because demand-pull because I said so. The point is, inflation is good. Now take your wheelbarrow of Deutschmarks down to the grocery store and buy me a loaf of bread.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You didn't learn that from me

Just because you do not know what's going on doesn't me I'm not making a logical argument. I don't speak in dolt, which explains your continued confusion

How bad would it be in we raised taxes on the wealthy and created jobs with that money?

These kind of statements are exactly what I was referring to. It is useless to discuss anything with you. Not only are you a troll but a very poor one at that.

Jay Leno -- "President Obama now making his case for raising the debt limit. He said raising the debt limit does not increase debt – you know, like raising the speed limit does not increase speed”

"Pundits say President Obama is starting to lose support from his own Party. Give you an idea how bad it's gotten, today Jimmy Carter compared him to Jimmy Carter."

"USA Today had a big front-page feature on the new healthcare law, and said that the opposition to ObamaCare at all-time high. In fact, it’s gotten so bad the President’s now calling it BidenCare."

Jay Leno -- "President Obama now making his case for raising the debt limit. He said raising the debt limit does not increase debt – you know, like raising the speed limit does not increase speed”

"Pundits say President Obama is starting to lose support from his own Party. Give you an idea how bad it's gotten, today Jimmy Carter compared him to Jimmy Carter."

"USA Today had a big front-page feature on the new healthcare law, and said that the opposition to ObamaCare at all-time high. In fact, it’s gotten so bad the President’s now calling it BidenCare."

Seems like more and more media types are willing to use him as the butt end of the jokes these days. Wonder why...

This guy doesn't buy the technology is taking all the jobs argument. He's kind of shrill but makes some good points.

http://www.informationweek.com/global-cio/interviews/robots-taking-all-our-jobs-ridiculous/240161845

In addition, focusing on job loss creates a distorted view of the process of technological change. First, many businesses actually increase employment as they increase productivity rather than lay workers off, because productivity gains let them cut costs, in turn enabling them to increase sales. Second, savings from increased productivity are recycled back into the economy in the form of lower prices and/or higher wages that create demand that, in turn, creates even more jobs.

The neo-Luddite, anti-robot case is clearly refuted by the data and by scholarly research. Macroeconomic studies have shown convincingly that technology improvements neither decrease the rate of people working in an economy nor raise the unemployment rate. Comprehensive analyses from sources as varied as the World Bank, the International Labor Organization and the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco have noted that technological change doesn't play an important role in determining employment in the long run. If anything, productivity may actually reduce unemployment in the medium term.

This guy doesn't buy the technology is taking all the jobs argument. He's kind of shrill but makes some good points.

http://www.informati...ulous/240161845

Oh, so you suddenly understand that value of productivity now...when it suits your purpose?

People sitting on their assess, producing nothing, hurts productivity.

So, yeah, supporting more food stamps/disability claims/welfare and telling us that "consumer spending" :lol: while saying that this:

Second, savings from increased productivity are recycled back into the economy in the form of lower prices and/or higher wages that create demand that, in turn, creates even more jobs.

= good points?

Obnoxiously phony and/or idiotic behavior on your part.

And, this guy's argument is practically tautological(and therefore, worthlesss):

Of course technology, in a vacuum, doesn't hurt productivity. Of course it produces more/serves as a multiplier. A pack of matches is better than rubbing sticks together. Thanks clown. The current American corporate environment is better than the Guild of Bankers. Thanks clown.

However:

Technology, not in a vacuum, but rather, as an alternative to the consequences of hiring a human wrought by the idiocy that is Obamacare?

Yes, technology is being used to kills jobs. Or rather: companies are investing ALL in technology, when, without the idiocy that is Obamacare, they would at least be investing SOME in new people..

It's happening right in front of me. Every day, all the time.

:lol: How could I foget though? You Liberals think you know better than me, so, my own life isn't happening right in front of me, right?

Dumbest people on the planet.

And now? Let's add "most ingorant of material, causing self-contradiction" people on the planet

Edited by OCinBuffalo

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/25/opinion/exposing-the-pay-gap.html?src=recg

Good idea!

Disclosing the pay ratio is not the only way to confront those issues, but it will be enormously helpful. In recent decades, changing corporate norms have allowed C.E.O. compensation over all to balloon to nearly 300 times what typical employees make. Company-specific data on pay gaps will force chief executives and their boards to justify just how out of kilter pay scales have become.

Never happen, and, do you know why? (Who the F am I kidding, of course you don't)

The institutional share holders, like the unions, retirement plans, etc. have board members. They have board members, because they use their preferred stock votes(or common, depends on the corporation's "setup") to vote those board members in.

EDIT: Whoa....I should back up. Do you have any idea what % of ALL investor $s are represented by institutional? (Hint: more than half)

Those board members are the very people who not only hire the CEOs, but, also PAY them.

So, do the unions want to admit that THEIR guys, rather than actually contributing to the company in some way, simply find a guy who can jack up the stock price, overpay him for success, and immediately fire him for failure...all in the short term?

Nope.

This idea, just like "tax the internet" is a "solution" that is based in fundamentally not understanding the problem, or the current, albeit failing, solution.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

• 3 weeks later...

Americans who were recipients of means-tested government benefits in 2011 outnumbered year-round full-time workers, according to data released this month by the Census Bureau. They also out-numbered the total population of the Philippines.

http://cnsnews.com/n...-outnumber-full

Forward!

Edited by /dev/null

Does raising fed tax rates increase revenues to the fed government? Check the history of tax rates, tax revenues and GDP first.

Are you asking me if they collect more revenue are they collecting more revenue???

I know when Bush cut taxes we suddenly had a deficit and Conservatives had argued that cutting taxes would pay for themselves with more economic growth, instead we got the worst economic recession since the Great Depression under Bush. Brilliant!

Are you asking me if they collect more revenue are they collecting more revenue???

I know when Bush cut taxes we suddenly had a deficit and Conservatives had argued that cutting taxes would pay for themselves with more economic growth, instead we got the worst economic recession since the Great Depression under Bush. Brilliant!

Reading comprehension is not your strong suit.

What does Bush have to do with the question that he asked you?