Are the Bills/Stevie gonna regret this photo posted on FB?

Im not casting anything on anyone, I just find it funny that the same people who post about "sex" here get offended about an innunendo on a shirt by a ball player.

But I think that's the faulty assumption that many are making. I don't truly believe anyone is offended by the shirt. I think they (like me) are annoyed at our "star's" lack of maturity.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But I think that's the faulty assumption that many are making. I don't truly believe anyone is offended by the shirt. I think they (like me) are annoyed at our "star's" lack of maturity.

Agreed. While Stevie seems like a good guy and father/husband, he has been told before (and had to sit out) not to make a spectacle of himself if it hurts the team (Plaxico Burress shot to leg, jet crashing, dumb tweets) he still doesn't get it. I'm not offended by the shirt because I didn't serve in the military - but I can understand how a veteran who worked hard for ribbons/badges on his lapel would say "this kid gets paid millions to catch footballs...wtf is he thinking wearing combat ribbons (or fake combat ribbons) on his shirt." Using the traditional form for naval ship emblems to make a joke is another story altogether but the combat/achievement ribbons might be offensive to veterans who worked their butts off and sacrificed to earn them. Stevie wearing this type of shirt isn't offensive to me...he looks like Michael Jackson when he used to sport the military style outfits which I thought was foolish.

Show your swagger by catching a game winning touchdown!

If he did, it is doubtful this thread would have gone beyond 1 page.

Kevin Costner in Bull Durham ... "If you win 20 in the show, you can let the fungus grow back and the press'll think you're colorful. Until you win 20 in the show, however, it means you are a slob."

Translation, winners can get away with much more than losers.

Im not casting anything on anyone, I just find it funny that the same people who post about "sex" here get offended about an innunendo on a shirt by a ball player.

Valid point.

However, the key here is leadership. As fans, we've put up with stunt after STUPID stunt fron Steve Johnson. -No, this one doesn't cost us fifteen yards, but it is yet another reason not to take the guy seriously.

You can argue whether or not he's a legit #1 WR. But it's hard to call him a 'team leader" with crap like this floating around the internet. It just shows a guy who's incapable of good judgement. -Great example for the rooks Stevie! :thumbsup:

Tomorrow Im gonna wear that shirt in my office to bring some swagger to the Human Resource team! I will change my name to Frankie instead of Frank. And when I fire or hire someone, I will show my undershirt that says...WHY SO SERIOUS?

Stevie Johnson must be related to Chad Johnson...its all about Tweets and Instagram and Facebook and looking good. How about playing the damn game with integrity.

Show your swagger by catching a game winning touchdown!

I missed a game? "oh uss fkmore"

Over a 1000 yards 3 seasons in a row is swag to me. But what do I know.

If he's raping or murdering is one thing. He's wearing a freaking shirt.

Im not annoyed. I think it's just you.

Valid point.

However, the key here is leadership. As fans, we've put up with stunt after STUPID stunt fron Steve Johnson. -No, this one doesn't cost us fifteen yards, but it is yet another reason not to take the guy seriously.

You can argue whether or not he's a legit #1 WR. But it's hard to call him a 'team leader" with crap like this floating around the internet. It just shows a guy who's incapable of good judgement. -Great example for the rooks Stevie! :thumbsup:

See this is why this will my last post on this stupid thread.

Racking up yards IS setting good example for the rooks by the way.

Edited by Clippers of Nfl

Wanna bet??

And you are welcome to carry out your life, unannoyed, But--clearly--I'm not the only one.

If he did, it is doubtful this thread would have gone beyond 1 page.

Kevin Costner in Bull Durham ... "If you win 20 in the show, you can let the fungus grow back and the press'll think you're colorful. Until you win 20 in the show, however, it means you are a slob."

Translation, winners can get away with much more than losers.

Very valid point.

The "shirt style" is trendy? LMAO. You know I meant Stevie is a public figure. You're not and I'm not, which means we can wear "funny, inappropriate, ironic" clothes all we want. Stevie should be a bit more self aware.

Why should public figures have to be more self aware? What about him being in the public eye determines that he has to wear clothing that is not "inappropriate, ironic"? He is a human being just as you and I.

Why does a star football player have to be mature? He is paid to study the playbook, run routes, and catch footballs. While there are "moral clauses" in many contracts, meaning crimes can lead to the severing of a contract, there are no "maturity clauses". THAT is the true faulty assumption. That a player who is a paid a large amount of money to do a job on a football field is therefore subject to some imaginary set of rules that is not bound to anyone else.

Why should public figures have to be more self aware? What about him being in the public eye determines that he has to wear clothing that is not "inappropriate, ironic"? He is a human being just as you and I.

See my other post about an employee's responsibility not to embarrass his employer. Hip hop artists are "supposed" to be edgy and cool because that's their market and they really work for themselves. NFL players? There's a reputation and an image. It's just short-sighted by Stevie, that's all.

Why does a star football player have to be mature? He is paid to study the playbook, run routes, and catch footballs. While there are "moral clauses" in many contracts, meaning crimes can lead to the severing of a contract, there are no "maturity clauses". THAT is the true faulty assumption. That a player who is a paid a large amount of money to do a job on a football field is therefore subject to some imaginary set of rules that is not bound to anyone else.

because it is clearly spelled out in the LEAGUE POLICY FOR PLAYERS under Personal Conduct:

All persons associated with the NFL are required to avoid conduct detrimental to the

integrity of and public confidence in the National Football League. This requirement

applies to players, coaches, other team employees, owners, game officials and all others

privileged to work in the National Football League.

For many years, it has been well understood that rules promoting lawful, ethical, and

responsible conduct serve the interests of the League, its players, and fans. Illegal or

irresponsible conduct does more than simply tarnish the offender. It puts innocent people at

risk, sullies the reputation of others involved in the game, and undermines public

respect and support for the NFL.

It is important to note that the unsportsmanlike conduct rules apply to all personnel in

the team area, including players, coaches, team employees, and officials. Lack of

respect or other unsportsmanlike conduct will not be tolerated during games or at other

times, including postgame interviews. This includes abusive, threatening, insulting, or

profane language or gestures, and physical acts by coaches, players, and other club

personnel directed at opponents, officials, game personnel, or fans.

Coaches and players should keep in mind that every NFL game is broadcast on radio and

television, and that there are open microphones near the playing field as well as closeup

camera shots that permit easy lip-reading by viewers. The League and its participants

are severely criticized whenever obscene or profane language or obscene gestures are

carried or shown on the air. Serious incidents of this kind will warrant disciplinary action

by the League.

http://www.nflevolution.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/FO-11-12-League-Policies-for-Players.pdf

Edited by papazoid

See my other post about an employee's responsibility not to embarrass his employer. Hip hop artists are "supposed" to be edgy and cool because that's their market and they really work for themselves. NFL players? There's a reputation and an image. It's just short-sighted by Stevie, that's all.

An employees responsibility to not have his employer use a picture of him to wish him a happy birthday. Yes Stevie wore the shirt but the bills, his employer, posted it. Apparently they have no problem with it.

Nobody cares about this. Nobody in the media cares about this. Nobody in the military cares about this. Nobody on the team cares about this. Apparently nobody from the Bills cares about this.

Just a few fans that already don't like Stevie and want to use any excuse (even one as poor as this) to bash him. And yes big cat I'm talking about you. You are way past objective about this one.

Please everybody let this thread die. We are embarrassing ourselves...

An employees responsibility to not have his employer use a picture of him to wish him a happy birthday. Yes Stevie wore the shirt but the bills, his employer, posted it. Apparently they have no problem with it.

Nobody cares about this. Nobody in the media cares about this. Nobody in the military cares about this. Nobody on the team cares about this. Apparently nobody from the Bills cares about this.

Just a few fans that already don't like Stevie and want to use any excuse (even one as poor as this) to bash him. And yes big cat I'm talking about you. You are way past objective about this one.

Please everybody let this thread die. We are embarrassing ourselves...

Okay, let's be objective. The following is a list of stunts. You might find them funny, someone else might find them offensive, someone like me might find them immature.

Nevertheless, they are stunts:

1. Tweet to God
  2. The ensuing post-game podium 'performance'
  3. The giant booty/thong birthday cake
  4. Doing press conferences in front of the Bills step and repeat wearing a wife beater.
  5. Minuteman Celebration in Foxboro (cost team 15 yards)
  6. Jets/Shooting self in leg celebration (cost team 15 yards)
  7. Why So Serious (cost team 15 yards)
  8. Happy New Year (cost team 15 yards, cost him a half of football)
  9. Blowing off Rochester event
  10. "I've never worked out in the off season"
  11. North Korea should bomb Foxboro
  12. Showing up to a photo shoot wearing a shirt that says "!@#$"