Energy Drinks

I have not started a topic in a long time.

One of my addictions is the energy drink. Not for the energy. I dont need it for my job, for me, for really anything. The only time I get tired is when I'm swimming. For whatever reason, swimming is my biggest weakness. Anyway, I actually drink them because they taste good, to me.

I have been drinking an energy drink daily or every other day for the last 10 years or so.

I also drink tons and tons of water.

So what's your favorite?

Mine is the green amp

2nd favorite is Monster

3rd favorite is blue Nos

4th favorite is black full throttle (drinking this one as I type)

5th favorite is Red bull.

I could go on. But you get the idea.

Ps. Just in case you are wondering, I'm super healthy and thin. Go figure....

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to drink them once in a while when I worked at a pizza place because we could take them whenever we wanted, but I haven't had one in about 10 years. I've had a 5 hour energy once about 3 years ago, but that's about the extent of my energy drink consumption.

...now, if you wanna talk about beer, that's a different story.

Edited by Wooderson

I have never once had any variation of an energy drink. I've just never had the urge to try one. My son (10) thinks they're the coolest looking things and he's very intrigued by them. Obviously, I only let him have them on weekends.

That **** will kill you. BTW it they also taste like aluminum foil soaked in battery acid with some sugar added for "flavor".

I must like aluminum foil soaked in battery acid then!

Ps. Whatever, they do not taste like that.

Oh yeah but they can kill you.

I used to drink them once in a while when I worked at a pizza place because we could take them whenever we wanted, but I haven't had one in about 10 years. I've had a 5 hour energy once about 3 years ago, but that's about the extent of my energy drink consumption.

...now, if you wanna talk about beer, that's a different story.

Wow. 10 years? Why the big lapse???

So if you used to take them, it seems like you must have enjoyed them, or else you would have just taken soda pop right?

I rarely drink them, but when I do I opt for one of the coffee based versions. The Java Monsters were my go-to, but I can't seem to locate those anymore. Now its typically some starbucks brand energy drink.

7eleven has them.

I have never once had any variation of an energy drink. I've just never had the urge to try one. My son (10) thinks they're the coolest looking things and he's very intrigued by them. Obviously, I only let him have them on weekends.

Never had one? Wow. Just ask your son to let you try it.

What does he like? Monster, red bull, or rockstar?

I must like aluminum foil soaked in battery acid then!

Ps. Whatever, they do not taste like that.

Oh yeah but they can kill you.

Ok, how about aluminum foil soaked in cheap ass artificially flavored fruit juice stuff.

http://www.getfein.com/

You'll thank me later.

In my work fridge I have probably 2 of every kind of Amp. I have at least a dozen Mt Dew's. I have Redbulls, too. Then, some powdered drinks with caffeine.

When I am under the gun I can consume 300mg or more of caffeine a day just to stay going. Ask Beerball, if you need a witness. I can get jacked on caffeine.

Edited by jboyst62

You probably don't want me offering up advice on drinks. Last time I served drinks it didn't end well

One guy asked for some water, some H20. So I gave him tap water

His friend said he'd have some H20 too. He died

Edited by /dev/null

I'm doing a Costco (Kirkland Energy Shots) pretty much every day.One thing I've noticed about them is that they are mood altering. In a good way. If I'm feeling down they kinda bring me around a little. Mentally I mean. Also physically but emotionally as well. I was buying 5 Hours from Costco but they stopped carrying them so I started to get the Kirkland ones. Price is right as I get 48 extra strength for $38. Genuine 5 hour were $35 for 24

Edited by Dante

http://www.getfein.com/

You'll thank me later.

In my work fridge I have probably 2 of every kind of Amp. I have at least a dozen Mt Dew's. I have Redbulls, too. Then, some powdered drinks with caffeine.

When I am under the gun I can consume 300mg or more of caffeine a day just to stay going. Ask Beerball, if you need a witness. I can get jacked on caffeine.

Never tried fein. I'll probably check it out.

Honestly since I have been doing the energy drink for a long time, I usually just buy whatever is on sale. If it's rockstar, i get that. If it's monster, i get that. I have favorites (see above), but if they are not on special, they can be too pricey. I honestly wont splurge on an amp unless I'm on vacation or a special gathering.

I'm doing a Costco (Kirkland Energy Shots) pretty much every day.One thing I've noticed about them is that they are mood altering. In a good way. If I'm feeling down they kinda bring me around a little. Mentally I mean. Also physically but emotionally as well. I was buying 5 Hours from Costco but they stopped carrying them so I started to get the Kirkland ones. Price is right as I get 48 extra strength for $38. Genuine 5 hour were $35 for 24

I have done an energy shot JUST ONCE. A long time ago. I cannot even remember the experience....

Like I mentioned before, I simply like their taste.

Is the energy shot pretty much like a shot of expresso?

Actually, drinking chocolate milk after exercising is supposed to be good for you. Much better for you too.

With umbrella or bendy straw?

I have done an energy shot JUST ONCE. A long time ago. I cannot even remember the experience....

Like I mentioned before, I simply like their taste.

Is the energy shot pretty much like a shot of expresso?

With umbrella or bendy straw?

It kinda like that but it doesn't give you the caffeine jitters. Just wakes you up.

Wow. 10 years? Why the big lapse???

So if you used to take them, it seems like you must have enjoyed them, or else you would have just taken soda pop right?

I was 16 years old, I loved pop and sugar. Now I'm 25 and don't need or want that much sugar.

I drink soda like its going out of business and I need my fix. Probably drink so much that I'm Perminently on a sugar high from it. I never come down. Don't need energy drinks but I will sometimes drink Red Bull. Love the taste honestly. When I get them, I'll get the biggest can they have.

True story, a buddy and me drove from Buffalo to Tampa. Was through a snowstorm of the likes that I've never seen before in the mountains of W. Virginia. I drove 18 of the 22 hours, most while my buddy was sleeping. Anyway, during that 22 hours, I drank 16 Red Bulls and had like 12 Slim Jim's. so I'll say this, if someone can die from too much Red Bull and gas station beef Jerky, it would have been proven on that trip. Your all safe. I took one for the team and played guinea pig.

Several of my friends work for Costco corporate and the kirkland brand is identical to the 5 hour brand.