Here, look forward to this.....

I thought Yahoo had a pretty good quote about Spiller in one of their latest Fantasy Football articles:

"The only person in the NFL who's had any success stopping Spiller is Chan Gailey, and he's no longer a threat."

awesome. Just hope he Didnt cost CJ greater things.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love watching this guy.

Only thing I'd like to see is some more cuts back inside on certain plays. There's a couple where he could have taken it all the way if he cut back inside vs cutting towards the sideline. But seriously, that's getting nitpicky when you're talking about 20-40 yard play already.

Can't wait to see him tear it up this year. :)

Where are the wasted draft pick guys??

I'm one of them.

I still don't think it was the choice to make at that time, or given the guys we had.

But, as others have said, Lynch was likely on his way out regardless. That's something I don't *know*, and hence I think it's a "wasted" pick when we already had two pro bowl RBs.

That all being said, I like CJ and hopefully our new coaching staff can use him to his potential.

Edited by Dorkington

You've just got to be proud to have this kid on our side. Probably the most explosive back we've had since Thermal.

One of the things I just loved about Thermal (and it really isnt talked about much) was his blocking ability. Man, I can remember Kelly dropping back to throw, an LB would break through on the blitz and Thermal wouldnt just block...he'd put the guy right on his backside.

CJ is more explosive than Thurman. I shudder to think about the sort of numbers CJ could have put up on those teams. That's taking absolutely nothing away from Thurman, a true HOFer, but CJ's talent is sick.

I'm one of them.

I still don't think it was the choice to make at that time, or given the guys we had.

But, as others have said, Lynch was likely on his way out regardless. That's something I don't *know*, and hence I think it's a "wasted" pick when we already had two pro bowl RBs.

That all being said, I like CJ and hopefully our new coaching staff can use him to his potential.

Freddy wasn't a pro bowler then I don't think. But either way, you have a point. But with the way these players get in trouble now, and the way the NFL is cracking down on them, it's no surprise they wanted Lynch gone.

I can't say that the guy has pulled a Hernandez at all, but riding around with loaded unregistered weapons while smoking blunts is not a sign of a law abiding citizen, just sayin.

I'm one of them.

Way to step up and own it. While others may not have agreed with you back then I think that they would have to respect you now for not hedging on your belief(s), I know I do. Look, we can ALL enjoy Spiller now and the best part is the guy seems to be a real team player. I don't remember the guy ever crying when that idiot Gaily was stifling him at every turn. It's time for some more Spillericious moments in this upcoming season!

Go Bills!

If that "excuse" has any truth to it, I think it'd be a safe bet that Spiller turned it up a notch with his conditioning this offseason.

I know man... Can you believe a guy in that kind of shape wearing as much pride on his sleeve, as I've heard from buddies who went to Clemson that he does, hearing from a chubby middle aged non athlete that he has stamina issues.

Cj is ten times the man for taking that in stride without calling coach out....

Part of me is glad they didn't burn him out on those crappy teams as he might stick around and be a longer term piece to what the new crew is trying to assemble.

For him to not be voted one of the top 100 NFL players in 2012 was a joke. We have finally have a bonified superstar.

Yep

CJ was robbed bigtime

That's ok because after this year when he gets 2000 all purpose yds they will have him in the top ten. :)

I thought Yahoo had a pretty good quote about Spiller in one of their latest Fantasy Football articles:

"The only person in the NFL who's had any success stopping Spiller is Chan Gailey, and he's no longer a threat."

Really funny and sadly true.

A good friend and college roommate was from Ballston Spa. I was in his wedding, reception was at The Knights of Columbus. His family owned a restaurant named Sam's.

I know man... Can you believe a guy in that kind of shape wearing as much pride on his sleeve, as I've heard from buddies who went to Clemson that he does, hearing from a chubby middle aged non athlete that he has stamina issues.

Cj is ten times the man for taking that in stride without calling coach out....

Part of me is glad they didn't burn him out on those crappy teams as he might stick around and be a longer term piece to what the new crew is trying to assemble.

Funny, I was just thinking the same thing about him being under utilized on those bad teams as a blessing.

Where are the wasted draft pick guys??

I'm one of them.

I'm one as well. I like CJ and hope he can continue to improve and really have a breakout season and a HOF career. He, in my opinion, was just the wrong pick at that point in time.

But I still have doubts as to him being physically able to be an every-down back. I hope he can be, but we will see (hopefully as soon as this season).

Edited by CodeMonkey

Unless he steps up his blocking and tough yard running, he's never going to be a "true" every down runner. The cool thing is, we don't really need him to be. FJ, or some other guy can step in and take those roles when needed.

He's an amazing player, probably one of the best 1st round selections in (recent) team history.

and to think some fans nearly lost their **** when he was the selection.... NIx said he wanted playmakers and gamechangers.... he is one of the two right now, with an Offensive coordinator who head is not in his ass, he might become the other as well.

Edited by B-Large

I'm one as well. I like CJ and hope he can continue to improve and really have a breakout season and a HOF career. He, in my opinion, was just the wrong pick at that point in time.

There's a few of you that have mentioned something of this sort. I can understand saying that then in 2010, but now? After seeing what he is capable of? He is a GREAT PICK there at 9 overal because of what he's done. Stop looking back and saying what we needed 4 years ago, and look at what's in front of you now, a bonafide STUD RB! As some have said, he may be the most dynamic RB we've seen in over 20 years. Please, stop saying he wasn't the right pick when he is clearly one of the best players to grace Buffalo in a very long time!

Yeesh.

There's a few of you that have mentioned something of this sort. I can understand saying that then in 2010, but now? After seeing what he is capable of? He is a GREAT PICK there at 9 overal because of what he's done. Stop looking back and saying what we needed 4 years ago, and look at what's in front of you now, a bonafide STUD RB! As some have said, he may be the most dynamic RB we've seen in over 20 years. Please, stop saying he wasn't the right pick when he is clearly one of the best players to grace Buffalo in a very long time!

Yeesh.

Well saying he is one of the best players to play for the Bills in recent history really isn't saying much.

He has shown some flash and considerable improvement so far. But 20 years brings Thurman Thomas into play. Spiller shows a lot of promise, but he has a long way to go to be even as good as Thurman, much less better,

Edited by CodeMonkey