Arthur Moats, Class Act

eball

Put me down as a card carrying member of the unofficial Arthur Moats fan club. The guy is complete class, and shows remarkable maturity and awareness for a guy his age. Moats just gave an interview on SiriusXM NFL Radio discussing the responsibility players have to respect the NFL "shield" and the players who came before them -- obviously in reference to Hernandez specifically, but also criminal issues for NFL players in general. He is a breath of fresh air, and acquitted himself and the Bills wonderfully.

Really hope the guy is able to make significant contributions on the field this season, because I'm certainly proud he's a member of my favorite football team.

You just don't see enough of this.

Put me down as a card carrying member of the unofficial Arthur Moats fan club. The guy is complete class, and shows remarkable maturity and awareness for a guy his age. Moats just gave an interview on SiriusXM NFL Radio discussing the responsibility players have to respect the NFL "shield" and the players who came before them -- obviously in reference to Hernandez specifically, but also criminal issues for NFL players in general. He is a breath of fresh air, and acquitted himself and the Bills wonderfully.

Really hope the guy is able to make significant contributions on the field this season, because I'm certainly proud he's a member of my favorite football team.

You just don't see enough of this.

i agree its great but i dont agree that its rare. overwhelmingly nfl players are good people. if its not seen enough id blame the media, not the men playing.

Every time I've heard him speak, Moats comes across as a class human being. I'm really hoping that Pettine will find a niche for him as a once in a while pass rusher in OBVIOUS passing situations. I think he can be effective in that role.

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by K-9

How is he on the field though?

He's simply not an every down player. He's a liability in that role. Just not a very good LB. But he can put his hand down on the ground and get after the passer so I'm hoping Pettine can find a use for that. But the numbers may mean he doesn't make the team.

GO BILLS!!!

I contacted him about a friend of mine's wife who is struggling with her cancer. The fact that he responded to me multiple times and gave me contact information of someone with the Bills who may be able to help and said that he would follow up with the Bills organization was way more than I expected. Good player, better man.

He's simply not an every down player. He's a liability in that role. Just not a very good LB. But he can put his hand down on the ground and get after the passer so I'm hoping Pettine can find a use for that. But the numbers may mean he doesn't make the team.

GO BILLS!!!

Huh? Have you confused him with another player?

How is he on the field though?

Not good enough. Moats is a dime-a-dozen speed LB that lacks the physicality for the position, and only got his bit of notoriety because the Bills have been so poor at LB, especially rush LB for years.

He's charismatic, and seems like a great guy, though.

Huh? Have you confused him with another player?

No. Have you confused him with someone that can play OLB? He was pathetic and that's putting it kindly. He did, however, necessitate getting Bradham in the lineup sooner than later, though.

Like I said, he can put his hand down and run after the passer. And I hope he can make it based on that alone. But he'll never be an OLB from what I've seen.

GO BILLS!!!

Not good enough. Moats is a dime-a-dozen speed LB that lacks the physicality for the position, and only got his bit of notoriety because the Bills have been so poor at LB, especially rush LB for years.

He's charismatic, and seems like a great guy, though.

His physicality is 100x better than his ability to cover in pass defense. It was painful to watch him last season.

He's seems like one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet, though. And I'd want him on my team just for that. I just don't know if he'll get caught up in a numbers game or not.

GO BILLS!!!

i absolutely love this guy and i have to think there is a place for him on this team. his energy and optimism are incredible. i really hope that he finds a place to excel on this team, whether it be a rush backer, backup, special teamer...whatever it is. just love this kid's attitude and i respect the hell out of him as a human being.

Moats is a guy who flashed good things his rookie year and has benefited from the Bills having a generally weak LB core the past 7 years (Because of that Moats has stayed on the roster longer than he might have had the team had better options). Overall I feel like Moats is the kind of player you really want to have success. An underdog type story and a class guy. Hopefully the new scheme utilizes him better than he has been in the past.