Overrated Owner and Organization

Thank you.

I'm sick and tired of being admonished for hating one of our division rivals or any of them for that matter.

While I love the partisanship of the OP, this is an excellent narrative of the truth.

Not really. Did Jim Kelly become a hall of fame quarterback on the Buffalo Bills? Yes..and so would Tom Brady. Its' funny how Belichick couldn't draft and develope a quarterback into the hall of fame while with the Browns. To try and say Brady became a hall of famer becasue he was drafter and developed by the Patriots is ridiculous. Tom brady deserves more credit for making the Patriots what they are than the other way around. If that wasn't the case, why did they give him the big bucks? Why not just draft and develope your next hall of famer? No, they realized what they had. A hall of fame quarterback that made Belichick

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This all sounds very petty. The Patriots are an excellent organization, from top to bottom, with excellent mgmt, marketing, coaching, and players that win. They are the winningest team in the NFL in the last 13 years.

With that said I want to destroy them on opening day. I've been praying in church after family etc, and ask God this year, let my Bills kill the Pats this year. Every once in awhile I start to daydream maybe this team pulls a Jim Harbaugh turnaround like the 49ers in one year.

Now an overrated organization is the Cowboys. I am so sick of hearing on NFL Radio about the Cowboys. Jerry Jones is a bloviating ass, who is not smart enough to know he needs to fire himself, and pick up a real GM. If he stuck to the marketing end of the organization, his team would be in much better shape. And he hates organizations like the Bills as he hates the revenue sharing.

Not really. Did Jim Kelly become a hall of fame quarterback on the Buffalo Bills? Yes..and so would Tom Brady. Its' funny how Belichick couldn't draft and develope a quarterback into the hall of fame while with the Browns. To try and say Brady became a hall of famer becasue he was drafter and developed by the Patriots is ridiculous. Tom brady deserves more credit for making the Patriots what they are than the other way around. If that wasn't the case, why did they give him the big bucks? Why not just draft and develope your next hall of famer? No, they realized what they had. A hall of fame quarterback that made Belichick

I disagree.

Belichick's time in Cleveland is typically misunderstood and misrepresented.

I think Belichick is just as instrumental in the Cheatriots*** success as Brady is.

But the point is about Kraft and his guidance of the team. In fact Kraft gave up a first round pick in order to pry Belichick away from the Jets.

My mothers family name was Kraft.

And being Bills devotees the family changed their name?

Thank you.

I'm sick and tired of being admonished for hating one of our division rivals or any of them for that matter.

No one is admonishing anyone for their feelings toward an another team, divisional opponent or not. Your attitude towards any team is whatever you want it to be But as it currently stands the Pats don't consider the Bills their rivals. For them the Jets are much more of a real rival. Their record against us over the past 20 games is 18-2. The Bills are far from being a marquise game for the Patriots and their fans. There is such an imbalance in the competition that it has lost much meaning from a rivalry standpoint.

A Buffalo win against them is a cause for celebration. A Patriot win against us is expected and quickly forgotten. The only way to restore this long lost rivalry is for us to get better and become a serious playoff team. We might be on the right track now that this franchise's front office has been bolstered but we still have a long way to go.

Edited by JohnC

No one is admonishing anyone for their feelings toward an another team, divisional opponent or not. Your attitude towards any team is whatever you want it to be But as it currently stands the Pats don't consider the Bills their rivals. For them the Jets are much more of a real rival. Their record against us over the past 20 games is 18-2. The Bills are far from being a marquise game for the Patriots and their fans. There is such an imbalance in the competition that it has lost much meaning from a rivalry standpoint.

A Buffalo win against them is a cause for celebration. A Patriot win against us is expected and quickly forgotten. The only way to restore this long lost rivalry is for us to get better and become a serious playoff team. We might be on the right track now that this franchise's front office has been bolstered but we still have a long way to go.

See?

You're admonishing me.

:)

Like Jethro Tull said, I just want to make fun of the Patriots.

I don't want to have a discussion about it.

See?

You're admonishing me.

:)

Like Jethro Tull said, I just want to make fun of the Patriots.

I don't want to have a discussion about it.

You have me baffled. But that is alright. I frequently get baffled.

Are You kidding me? Anyone with half a brain can see that Brady would have succeeded wherever he went. Yes they got lucky with Brady. Obviously if they thought he woud have turned outt the way he did, he would have been drafted in the first round. And of course no one is claiming that they knew Brady would be this good. This is why the implication of winning the lottery was made. Also, the Irsays didn't win the lottery. They sucked on purpose so they could draft Luck. That was actually smart, not lucky..pardon the pun.

Um, actually no, I completely disagree with you. The union of Brady and Belichek was the cause for Brady's rise to greatness. There's no doubt in my mind Brady would not have succeeded anywhere other than New England. There's a reason he was a sixth round draft pick. Yeah, he had fire, and is intelligent, but without Belichek and his system/mindset, Brady would have flamed out with any other team.

You know who really won the lottery? The Irsays. They sucked enough one year before what happened to be the year one the great prospect Payton Manning was coming out. After wringing every win they could out of Manning they cut him, go 2-14 coincidentally the season before the greatest prospect since...Payton Manning, and draft Andrew Luck. Who has been luckier than that?

Does anyone think Brady would have become a HOF QB on Ralph's Bills? Of course not. So stop the " lottery" nonsense. Unless you are referring to Ralph turning $25,000 into $900 million with no effort at all...

You just convinced my the Irsay's are one of the most astute owners of all time. First the collapse to get Manning and then they collapse to get Luck. And neither time did the league call them out. That is skill.

Not to switch sports but I wish the Sabres would have had such intelligence this year.

Edited by Greybeard

This about sums it up.

But what should be patently obvious is that in the NFL, you don't win 10 plus games 10 years straight without talent at all levels: front office, coaching, and of course, players. People who chalk success up to luck are looking for an out to excuse their team which does not succeed.

You have me baffled. But that is alright. I frequently get baffled.

Baffling is contagious .

Not only am i baffled often also , but i tend to baffle others .

So i am sympathetic to your plight . But not sure what exactly it is.

Baffle away friend !

Patriots last were Champions February 6, 2005

Since then, both the Steelers and Giants have won the Super Bowl twice.

The Patriots are a very good team year in and year out, but they have long since passed the Dynasty stage.

and the media continues to over-rate them, yes.

Having ESPN down the street contributes to this..........................

Patriots last were Champions February 6, 2005

Since then, both the Steelers and Giants have won the Super Bowl twice.

The Patriots are a very good team year in and year out, but they have long since passed the Dynasty stage.

and the media continues to over-rate them, yes.

Having ESPN down the street contributes to this..........................

but the way to the super bowl for Buffalo Bills IS through the Patriots .

And we will have to beat them soundly, not luckily before i will consider Bills a successful franchise .

but the way to the super bowl for Buffalo Bills IS through the Patriots .

And we will have to beat them soundly, not luckily before i will consider Bills a successful franchise .

Well................................thats true

It doesn't have much to do with the thread subject and my response,

but it is true.

Well................................thats true

It doesn't have much to do with the thread subject and my response,

but it is true.

Yes you are correct. About the thread but i feel it does apply to your statement.

I dont feel the Pats are overated at all.

They may be coddled by the media but until we dominate them i cant say much to criticise their affairs.

I can say i loathe them though.

I'll be curious how they'll do post-Brady myself. I suspect they'll sink back into mediocrity, but we'll see in 1-2 years (I say Brady's got about that left despite his stated desire to play to 40--ask Favre how that worked out for him.) Their drafting has been middling to lousy lately and they don't quite seem to attract the same level of FA (and FA discounts) they once did. I think the League may have also sat on their cheating a bit more since Spygate--not nearly the same level of BS calls they used to get seemingly week-in, week-out. Who knows, maybe Spygate scared off some of the crooked refs, too....

They are one hit away from mediocrity.

The guy was a 23 year season ticket holder. He paid a record amount for the lowest valued team in the league---and prevented them from being moved to St. Louis. The day he bought the team, fans picked up 6000 season tickets. They have sold out every home game since he bought the team in 1994. "Mediocre"? They won a lot of games and went to the SB with a guy named Drew

Bledsoe in 96.

Kraft's pats have gone to 6 SBs and won 3. How, exactly, are they "over rated"?

Does anyone think Brady would have become a HOF QB on Ralph's Bills? Of course not. So stop the " lottery" nonsense. Unless you are referring to Ralph turning $25,000 into $900 million with no effort at all...

1. They have more ex-Patriot Patriot boosters on ESPN and NFL Network that any other team. Example Health Evans, Willie McGinest, Teddy Bruski. Everytime I watch football analysis shows on those networks, one of those three, sometimes two at the same time, are making some Patriots are the greatest comments. Makes me sick. Then there's Peter King, the unashamed flaming Patriot booster/principle writer for SI. With those four, there is more Patriot propaganda thrown our way than anything we get from any other team. The latest was Evan's rant that Tebow will become great under Bilichick. Enough already with crap like "the Patriot way". How well has that defensive genious Belichick done over the past six years drafting corners and safetys? He's known those positions were week for sometime and has drafted a bunch. But most have failed. Yet failure and Belichick are never mentioned in the same sentence. Fire those ex-Patriots and get some honest unbiased analysts on those shows.

2. Yes, I do.