Tim Tebow to Pats

Mango

Just think for a moment about the kind of offence NE runs with TB and then try to imagine Tim Tebow under centre, Hilarious, right?

In Denver they completely overhauled their system to accommodate Tebow's skill set. They are not going to do that in NE.

So if Tebow is going to play QB in NE it will likely be in short yardage situations, in effect a third down back with whatever scheme diversity might be added by a possible read option capability.

Tebow is a pretty fascinating guy. Not only is he a great athlete, but he's a great football player too. Unfortunately for him their is no regular in line starting position for him to play at the level the game is played in the NFL. But I guess that Josh and Bill have the best shot at finding something useful for him to do.

On the NFL level, this is simply not the case.

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing lost in all your girlie talk is the deep-seated disdain that BB* has for all things JETS.

Remember he also put Floosie in to drop kick a PAT against Dieami.

"He's got a skill and we got a chance to let him use it, and I am happy for him. First time since '41," said Belichick, a football historian who last month brought out a leather helmet in his media session. "It might be 60 years again, too."

Could be more of the same thing going on here. It'll be interesting to say the least to see what develops further in Foxboro.

And for all you Tebow haters, you should thank your lucky stars that Denver jumped back in the first round to take him ahead of Ralph Wilson. We were poised to strike and it stunned Ralph when Denver "panicked" to get him. I'm glad he'll get to play a little more after both Denver and the JESTS did about everything they could to ruin his chances of playing in the league.

Would have been just another blunder by the Buffalo Bills if that happened.

You're probably right of course. Somehow I still think of him as a great player without a position. Maybe that makes no sense.

You're describing Denard Robinson. The former Michigan QB who knew very well that, regardless of his elite quickness and speed, he needed to change positions to make it in the NFL

@USATODAYsports

"Patriots Release Tim Tebow (Aug 31, 2013)" Let @MikeTanier explain: http://usat.ly/13zVEB8

On the NFL level, this is simply not the case.

In your opinion....man for a guy who thinks Tebow has no talent, you spend an inordinate amount of time following him, threads about him and scouring the internet for information about him. Not sure i get it.

I like Tebow. I like his attitude, his desire to win and they way he does not give up. I like that he overcame the worst play calling by any O-coord (run every single first down), a coach who did not believe in him and an undermining GM/President who looked like he was getting his colon-scoped every time Tebow accomplished anything to still lead his team to wins without whining or complaining.

You don't, we get it....message is very clear. Why keep posting about how much you don't like him? Just curious.

Edited by Garranimal

BB is famous for designing plays around his players vs trying to impose a scheme on them. Add in JM loves TT and Brady is secure in his position, I could see some plays designed for TT. Not saying a lot, but a few throughout season. And BTW there are situations like a 4th and 2 where they would punt with Brady but instead out tebow under center and give him the option, is another real possibility that doesn't even involve Brady missing a play.

you do realize they would probably be more likely to go with brady, as hes remarkably efficient.

In your opinion....man for a guy who thinks Tebow has no talent, you spend an inordinate amount of time following him, threads about him and scouring the internet for information about him. Not sure i get it.

I like Tebow. I like his attitude, his desire to win and they way he does not give up. I like that he overcame the worst play calling by any O-coord (run every single first down), a coach who did not believe in him and an undermining GM/President who looked like he was getting his colon-scoped every time Tebow accomplished anything to still lead his team to wins without whining or complaining.

You don't, we get it....message is very clear. Why keep posting about how much you don't like him? Just curious.

Because it's a football discussion forum. It's not a personal attack on him or posters on TSW. If you don't like my opinion on Tebow, you certainly have the option to disregard it or to simply not respond. Either way, I'm good.

You realize that the reason the offense was designed and the plays called the way they were, was because of Tebow right? He was totally incapable of running Denver's normal offense so they had to dumb it down as much as possible, and even then Tebow had very limited success. And maybe the coach didn't believe in him because he isn't very good.

Nobody is out to hold Tebow back. If he was capable of starting at QB in this league, he would be. Not battling for a 3rd string job like he is now.

Edited by biglukes

You realize that the reason the offense was designed and the plays called the way they were, was because of Tebow right? He was totally incapable of running Denver's normal offense so they had to dumb it down as much as possible, and even then Tebow had very limited success. And maybe the coach didn't believe in him because he isn't very good.

Nobody is out to hold Tebow back. If he was capable of starting at QB in this league, he would be. Not battling for a 3rd string job like he is now.

no, that is your opinion and a spin on the real situation. please explain to me the change in Tebow's 4th quarter QBR when the coaches finally stopped calling run run....ok make a play on 3rd and long. i believe Tebow had one of the highest 4th qtr QBRs in the league in 2011. Urban Meyer has refuted every one of these Horse-Hoge stories about Tebow's supposed incapability of running an offense. also supported by statements from Jon Gruden, Dan Mullen and Mike Westhoff. But it was said on ESPN by one of their super intelligent analysts (such as Cris Carter) so it must be true....because ESPN is always accurate, well researched and unbiased. Edited by Garranimal

Here is something I can't wrap my brain around - For all of the pundits citing Tebow's lack of ability to play QB, but generally blown away by his "drive, football IQ, and sticktoitiveness", shouldn't he have learned a few things by now after a few years in the league?

One thing lost in all your girlie talk is the deep-seated disdain that BB* has for all things JETS.

Remember he also put Floosie in to drop kick a PAT against Dieami.

"He's got a skill and we got a chance to let him use it, and I am happy for him. First time since '41," said Belichick, a football historian who last month brought out a leather helmet in his media session. "It might be 60 years again, too."

Could be more of the same thing going on here. It'll be interesting to say the least to see what develops further in Foxboro.

And for all you Tebow haters, you should thank your lucky stars that Denver jumped back in the first round to take him ahead of Ralph Wilson. We were poised to strike and it stunned Ralph when Denver "panicked" to get him. I'm glad he'll get to play a little more after both Denver and the JESTS did about everything they could to ruin his chances of playing in the league.

The Bills never wanted Tebow.

He is all of this, you're right -- and he's not a very good NFL player, which is really what this is all about.

Yep. Seems like a good guy. But not NFL material.

Here is something I can't wrap my brain around - For all of the pundits citing Tebow's lack of ability to play QB, but generally blown away by his "drive, football IQ, and sticktoitiveness", shouldn't he have learned a few things by now after a few years in the league?

Doesn't matter. Belichick is a master at developing QB's.

And for all you Tebow haters, you should thank your lucky stars that Denver jumped back in the first round to take him ahead of Ralph Wilson. We were poised to strike and it stunned Ralph when Denver "panicked" to get him.

I don't know if you've been had by the Tebow hype machine or are part of the Tebow hype machine, but this completely fabricated rumor that you continue to spread has never had single morsel of truth to it. The Bills were after Demaryius Thomas and had no interest in Tim Tebow