Ravens Super Bowl Ring Pic

It's crazy to think that this was the Browns franchise over 18 years ago...they move to Baltimore and win two SBs.

Yeah, that really does suck for them.

Irsay screwed Baltimore and Modell screwed Cleveland. Bills have been been getting screwed for the past 13 years. Otherwise, congrats to the Ravens on winning the Superbowl and getting their rings.

Edited by Jerry Jabber

Let's invent a game, hold a national championship and then declare yourselves world champion! Hoorah!

Nothin personal, but I hate that logic.

So are you saying there is a better football team in the world that didn't have a chance to compete for the title?

Nothin personal, but I hate that logic.

So are you saying there is a better football team in the world that didn't have a chance to compete for the title?

Doubt it. But hear this, the Netherlands are the best korfball nation in the world, there is no competition except for some light resistance from Belgium. Does that make our National champion the world champion by default? No it doesnt. Awfull game though btw lol. It is just silly to name yourselves World Champion where as it is a national championship. There really isnt a reason to do it either other then sheer arrogance. Anyway my opinion on the matter.

Another example is Kaatsen, which is even a small sport over here, but again the Dutch are by far the best at it. Yet instead of proclaiming themselves World Champions they organize a World Championship every 4 years.

Edited by bladiebla

Doubt it. But hear this, the Netherlands are the best korfball nation in the world, there is no competition except for some light resistance from Belgium. Does that make our National champion the world champion by default? No it doesnt. Awfull game though btw lol. It is just silly to name yourselves World Champion where as it is a national championship. There really isnt a reason to do it either other then sheer arrogance. Anyway my opinion on the matter.

Another example is Kaatsen, which is even a small sport over here, but again the Dutch are by far the best at it. Yet instead of proclaiming themselves World Champions they organize a World Championship every 4 years.

I suppose you're right and I agree with you in general.

I guess my "beef" is that plenty of people make that same criticism re: "arrogance," etc., when it isn't really an issue, IMO.

A bigger sign of arrogance would be the EPL claiming their best team is the "world champion" when the Bundesliga, Serie A, and La Liga arguably have teams that are just as good or better.

Sure the NFL could be considered arrogant by claiming their title is the "world championship," but it's not as if it is some slight to the Calanda Broncos who just won the Eurobowl.

Thanks for introducing me to korfball. Interesting game.

Sorry to everyone else for the thread hijack.