CJ or Gore, who do you think is going to get left out of the top 100 t

"If I'm not on the list, it just adds another wood block to the fire... I won't have any hard feelings against anybody, I'll just go out and try to prove everyone wrong again... It'll be great to make... but the main focus for me is to try to end the 13 year playoff drought."

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/0ap2000000208334/C-J-Spiller-expects-more-carries-in-2013

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THIS LIST DOESN'T MATTER TO ANY PLAYER UNLESS THEY GET BONUS MONEY FROM BEING SELECTED.

I'm sorry but this place is full of the most negative naysayers I have ever seen. If you do not have anything intelligent to contribute to the conversation (which you rarely do) don't contribute!!

It happens all the time on here. I am on a few other message boards where people stick to the topic and have good positive debates. I feel like we have some great posters here but it is always so negative.

Someone asks a question like, "Who do you guys think will win the QB competition?" The next post is, "Not Kolb, he sucks and is always hurt." followed by: "Well, Manuel was a reach and is destined to be a bust." Followed by: "Well, T Jax couldn't beat out Wilson or Flynn so good luck with that." ...then everyone just attacks one another

Maybe it is all the years of losing but this board is miserable. Be realistic and give your opinions but don't just attack everyone else and their opinios. And answer the question or speak to the topic!! I love when people go into a thread and post "no one cares about (insert topic)." If you don't care don't post!!

Alright, my sermon is over. It has been bothering me for a while. I come here to talk Bills football with the most knowledgable Bills fans in the world. If you dislike the direction of the team march up the stairs out of your parents basement and complain to them.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

There are 5 AFC East players left. Mario, Hernandez, Wake, and Mankins are already on the list. If you do not think that either will be on the list who are your 5?? Someone had indicated that there is only 1 safety left on the board so it looks like Byrd is out. I would be REALLY surprised at this point if Spiller is not on the list. Spiller, Wilfork, Brady, Gronk and Cromartie

Brady, Wilfork, Gronk, Cromartie, Wallace/Mayo

Edited by Billsrhody

Brady, Wilfork, Gronk, Cromartie, Wallace/Mayo

Mayo is coming off of a terrible year on a bad d. There is no way that the defense has 2 of the top 40 players in football and I think that Wilfork will be on the list. Wallace is coming off of a bad yet and I would be surprised to see him ahead of guys like Vincent Jackson who was on last week.

I really believe that players think highly of Spiller. He jumps off the tape and teams center their game plans around him. He average 6 yards a carry!! Imagine what guys thought about him after playing against him?? They probably were thinking like us, "Why doesn't this guy get the ball more?"

Mayo is coming off of a terrible year on a bad d. There is no way that the defense has 2 of the top 40 players in football and I think that Wilfork will be on the list. Wallace is coming off of a bad yet and I would be surprised to see him ahead of guys like Vincent Jackson who was on last week.

I really believe that players think highly of Spiller. He jumps off the tape and teams center their game plans around him. He average 6 yards a carry!! Imagine what guys thought about him after playing against him?? They probably were thinking like us, "Why doesn't this guy get the ball more?"

Hey I hope you're right, but I don't think he'll get the nod over players like Doug Martin and LeSean McCoy. Also, I'm not sure how many running backs are left (I think its 5 now?). But he's definitely behind Peterson, Foster, Rice, Lynch and Charles. He'd probably even be behind Gore and Forte.

Truth is, I just dont think he got enough touches last year to be considered ahead of those workhorse guys.

Edited by Billsrhody

If your basing it on 2012 stats, CJ had a better year than Martin, McCoy, Rice, Gore, and Forte. The fact that he did it with less carries just speaks more to his accomplishments IMO. Love the guy and hope like hell he gets the recognition he deserves. I will eagerly be watching tonight hoping like hell I don't see Gore's name called before his, because with six RBs left, Peterson, Foster, Rice, Lynch, and Charles are all virtual locks.

Edited by beggar13

If CJ is not on the list it renders the entire thing useless in my eyes...Because there is absolutely, positively, no doubt that CJ Spiller is one of the top 100 players in the NFL...It literally cannot be questioned...

And like a previous post said...If this list includes Trent Richardson and leaves CJ off...well...I can't imagine that could be possible...But if so...It's a joke... B-)

The list is a popularity contest. Among NFL players.

The OP asked whether CJ "would" be on, not whether he "should" be on.

I think he will. He was a sexy up-and-coming back last year. Frank Gore is kinda boring with not much highlight reel stuff last year. Both backs split time. And I think they realize that CJ in San Francisco would be better than Gore in Buffalo.

When they ask the players to rank the top 20 (not top 100) I think they think of:

(1) espn memories,

(2) who do I wish was on my team, and

(3) best players, and not necessarily who had the best season.

CJ > Gore in all of those categories.

Edited by maddenboy

If CJ is not on the list it renders the entire thing useless in my eyes...Because there is absolutely, positively, no doubt that CJ Spiller is one of the top 100 players in the NFL...It literally cannot be questioned...

And like a previous post said...If this list includes Trent Richardson and leaves CJ off...well...I can't imagine that could be possible...But if so...It's a joke... B-)

The entire thing was quite useless the moment it was conceived.

GO BILLS!!!

wow, didn' realize RG3 was the #20 rusher in the NFL. Impressive. Esp. when your own RB is #2! This is why I'm pumped about the Bills. Anyone know who Alfred freaking Morris was last year?!?! Anyone think he would be #2 in the NFL in rushing. Nope. But great offensive coaching in DC. I think we will have that here. CJ will be a beast this year.

I hope he's not on the list. Why? Because the list doesn't mean anything except a possible bargaining chip (if it's even that). I don't care if the nfln thinks Cj is a top 100 player. I know he is and I'm a thankful that he's a bill and I get to root for him emphatically every week

If the Bills win the Super Bowl they'll have 10 dudes on the Top 100.

How many do the Ravens have? Their roster is individually doo-doo. The only really special players are Ed Reed, Ray Lewis ('03), Ray Rice, Suggs ('10), Ngata and a bunch of role players but I bet they have more than 5 on the Top 100.

Like everything in life Win and you're in.

Edited by Why So Serious?

If J Byrd is'nt on the top 100 list he should sign for $6.9 million a year or be traded. No way Mario is worth 16 mill, it sets the bar for pay in the greed section not for team making the salary cap.

1) If J Byrd is'nt on the top 100 list he should sign for $6.9 million a year or be traded.

2) No way Mario is worth 16 mill, it sets the bar for pay in the greed section not for team making the salary cap.

So if Byrd doesn't make some stupid list… what are you saying?

And the fact that the Bills wouldn't let Mario leave Buffalo until he accepted their offer makes him greedy?

So if Byrd doesn't make some stupid list… what are you saying?

And the fact that the Bills wouldn't let Mario leave Buffalo until he accepted their offer makes him greedy?

Get with the program, SJBF. All player compensation is tied directly to the Top 100 list.

GO BILLS!!!

The list is a popularity contest. Among NFL players.

The OP asked whether CJ "would" be on, not whether he "should" be on.

I think he will. He was a sexy up-and-coming back last year. Frank Gore is kinda boring with not much highlight reel stuff last year. Both backs split time. And I think they realize that CJ in San Francisco would be better than Gore in Buffalo.

When they ask the players to rank the top 20 (not top 100) I think they think of:

(1) espn memories,

(2) who do I wish was on my team, and

(3) best players, and not necessarily who had the best season.

CJ > Gore in all of those categories.

I think you are severely underrating Frank Gore. He was a leader on one of the best teams in the league and has been a top 10 running back for the past 7 or 8 years. I'm sure he's widely respected throughout the league as a guy who works hard and can do everything you want in a back.

If anything, this list proves that its hard to jump up the list after just one year. Look at Alfred Morris' numbers last year and explain to me how he can possibly be the 10th best running back on this list after what he did last year. The truth is, its based on more than just one year. CJ had a good year last year and if builds on that this year, I'm sure he'll be on this list in 2014.

I think you are severely underrating Frank Gore. He was a leader on one of the best teams in the league and has been a top 10 running back for the past 7 or 8 years. I'm sure he's widely respected throughout the league as a guy who works hard and can do everything you want in a back.

If anything, this list proves that its hard to jump up the list after just one year. Look at Alfred Morris' numbers last year and explain to me how he can possibly be the 10th best running back on this list after what he did last year. The truth is, its based on more than just one year. CJ had a good year last year and if builds on that this year, I'm sure he'll be on this list in 2014.

I've said this before, but Gore could have been one of the all-time great backs. He had 3 ACL tears before he ever got to the NFL and this was back when ACL's were considerably more serious than they are now. When he was a freshman at Miami he was maybe the best back in the country.....including the NFL. I would compare him to Sayers, just unreal in the open field. He had that 4.2 type speed plus he was tough inside. He was reduced to being a plow horse coming into the NFL......and then to turn into a great plowhorse too is just amazing. I can't even imagine Marshall Faulk or CJ2K or Spiller or someone like that being able to make that kind of transition. Gore deserves and gets a ton of respect from the players of the NFL in part because of how he has endured.

Its entertainment people.... Every thing nfl network, and espn show is quite useless. That doesn't mean the players don't want to be recognized by their peers.

If its usless is you're whole point, what's your point?

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by JaxBills