The Feds are collecting all Verizon Phone Call Records

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone thinks it's only Verizon's records, well... please contact me about this swell bridge in NYC that I have for sale. The Guardian only got a copy of the court order for Verizon. That's the only reason they don't name other companies.

Over to PPP in 3, 2, 1.

If anyone thinks it's only Verizon's records, well... please contact me about this swell bridge in NYC that I have for sale. The Guardian only got a copy of the court order for Verizon. That's the only reason they don't name other companies.

Over to PPP in 3, 2, 1.

I have no doubt that you're right about this.

Of course not, the Federal Government would never ever ever misuse personal information collected on a citizen! :rolleyes:

I can't remember. Were people this angry when George Bush supported this in 2001?

This is much bigger than what the Patriot Act was designed to do.

I wonder if the victims of terrorism in the United States would agree with that sentiment.

I'm guessing the families of the 3,000 people killed in 9/11 alone are okay with it, as are the families and survivors of the latest attack in Boston.

To answer the O.P.'s question, yes, this does make me feel safer.

I wonder if the victims of terrorism in the United States would agree with that sentiment.

I'm guessing the families of the 3,000 people killed in 9/11 alone are okay with it, as are the families and survivors of the latest attack in Boston.

To answer the O.P.'s question, yes, this does make me feel safer.

There's a line between protecting the American Citizenry and an invasion of privacy. The line has been crossed IMO regardless of any invocation of the victims of 9/11 or any other terrorist attack.

There's a line between protecting the American Citizenry and an invasion of privacy. The line has been crossed IMO regardless of any invocation of the victims of 9/11 or any other terrorist attack.

I don't disagree that this is an over-the-top measure. My initial reaction was nearly identical to what yours is. But I keep coming back to "whatever makes this country a safer place," and I think this does.

Come on PPP. Such an issue like this on OTW. We need to get the poison out of our systems and it won't happen here.

This will go unremarked in national media. But Obama and visiting the _____ to speak about gun control/taxing the rich/or how he walked on water in rural _____ will make front page news.

we need stricter laws regarding PPP posts on OTW...think of the children

Come on PPP. Such an issue like this on OTW. We need to get the poison out of our systems and it won't happen here.

This will go unremarked in national media. But Obama and visiting the _____ to speak about gun control/taxing the rich/or how he walked on water in rural _____ will make front page news.

It was being covered the very second I turned on my tv this morning on NBC.

I can't remember. Were people this angry when George Bush supported this in 2001?

Naah...it was never mentioned back then. Niether was the Patriot Act, "warrantless wiretaps", "spying on Americans", "torture", or "Gitmo". :rolleyes: