Picks #15 and #17 Are Now Signed

Doc

EJ shouldn't be far behind. They all got (and EJ will get) 4 years deals, with Vaccaro getting $9.425M fully-guaranteed, and Jones getting $8.5M with a $4.7M signing bonus. EJ should get around $9M, partially or fully guaranteed.

EJ shouldn't be far behind. They all got (and EJ will get) 4 years deals, with Vaccaro getting $9.425M fully-guaranteed, and Jones getting $8.5M with a $4.7M signing bonus. EJ should get around $9M, partially or fully guaranteed.

He might get a little more. QB's get a premium.

He might get a little more. QB's get a premium.

its all based on the wage scale now. But I think he might get a little more because he could say that the Bills originally had the 8th pick and he should get somewhere between 8-16.

Just a thought. Not that I think he will do this, EJ seems like a pretty good kid and just generally happy and excited to he part of a team. But just playing that guy.

its all based on the wage scale now. But I think he might get a little more because he could say that the Bills originally had the 8th pick and he should get somewhere between 8-16.

Just a thought. Not that I think he will do this, EJ seems like a pretty good kid and just generally happy and excited to he part of a team. But just playing that guy.

The Bills having had the 8th pick means nothing. It's all where he was actually selected. And last year, QB Brandon Weeden was taken at 22nd overall and got in-between what Chandler Jones got at 21 and Reilly Reiff got at 23.

The Bills having had the 8th pick means nothing. It's all where he was actually selected. And last year, QB Brandon Weeden was taken at 22nd overall and got in-between what Chandler Jones got at 21 and Reilly Reiff got at 23.

just saying it means the Bills really wanted their guy, and since they had the 8th pick he should technically get 8 money.

It's been argued before in the past. Not since the rookie wage scale though. Honestly, I don't think it will happen, just throwing a wrench into the gear here.

just saying it means the Bills really wanted their guy, and since they had the 8th pick he should technically get 8 money.

It's been argued before in the past. Not since the rookie wage scale though. Honestly, I don't think it will happen, just throwing a wrench into the gear here.

He'd likely be laughed out of the room asking for 8th pick money because they traded back from 8.

He may ask for a slight bump as a qb, but is imagine much would be incentives late in the deal, and not substantial.

Maybe they should pay him as a 4th round pick since Mel and so many other predictors had him as listed as such.

Maybe they should pay him as end of 1st round pick since many after draft said the Bills could have swapped picks (the Bills had offers) and moved back.

Both equally make sense as your idea - if someone wanted to pay him as a top 10 pick they had opportunity.

If he thinks he (or his agent if he decides to switch to Parker) he deserves more don't sign and resubmit him for draft next year!

He'd likely be laughed out of the room asking for 8th pick money because they traded back from 8.

He may ask for a slight bump as a qb, but is imagine much would be incentives late in the deal, and not substantial.

im not saying he would get 8 money. Or that he even has a reason to ask for it. But he technically could. It's happened before. Anyone remember the Phillip Rivers and Eli Manning contract fiasco? An odd situation I know, and before this new CBA, but I'm just pointing out the possibilities.

Jesus guys, don't set me on fire for making an argument here. I feel like I'm in a Jairus Byrd thread right now.

Edited by mrags

im not saying he would get 8 money. Or that he even has a reason to ask for it. But he technically could. It's happened before. Anyone remember the Phillip Rivers and Eli Manning contract fiasco? An odd situation I know, and before this new CBA, but I'm just pointing out the possibilities.

Jesus guys, don't set me on fire for making an argument here. I feel like I'm in a Jairus Byrd thread right now.

Wasn't the trade made after the selection? I imagine that may have influences the difference regarding the pay versus the slot. Can't say I remember the contractual part of it though.

I think Ej will be around the normal money for the 16th slot plus the QB premium potentially.

Wasn't the trade made after the selection? I imagine that may have influences the difference regarding the pay versus the slot. Can't say I remember the contractual part of it though.

I think Ej will be around the normal money for the 16th slot plus the QB premium potentially.

ive already said that I think he will make 16 money. Just throwing it out there for arguments sake that just because 15 and 17 have signed, it means EJ is right around the corner.

Yes, they were traded after the picks. That's my point, Rivers fought for number 1 money because the Chargers knew all along they really wanted Rivers but were making a shrewd deal to gain leverage over the Giants.

Just saying its not all black and white. Many things can happen here. And the Eli/Rivers situation isn't the only one Thats ever happened that way. Was just a known one off the top of my head.

ive already said that I think he will make 16 money. Just throwing it out there for arguments sake that just because 15 and 17 have signed, it means EJ is right around the corner.

Yes, they were traded after the picks. That's my point, Rivers fought for number 1 money because the Chargers knew all along they really wanted Rivers but were making a shrewd deal to gain leverage over the Giants.

Just saying its not all black and white. Many things can happen here. And the Eli/Rivers situation isn't the only one Thats ever happened that way. Was just a known one off the top of my head.

Youre in a "just saying stuff for the sake of getting attention" kind of mood tonight, eh? You don't believe it, just saying it to cut against the popular opinion.

By the way, If you really wanted to cite a great example of blowing up slotting in that draft its Eugene Parker getting Larry Fitzgerald, a WR picked at 3 the largest deal of the year. Though that's not trade based.

Youre in a "just saying stuff for the sake of getting attention" kind of mood tonight, eh? You don't believe it, just saying it to cut against the popular opinion.

By the way, If you really wanted to cite a great example of blowing up slotting in that draft its Eugene Parker getting Larry Fitzgerald, a WR picked at 3 the largest deal of the year. Though that's not trade based.

im actually not specifically in that kind of mood. Just playing that guy. Someone's got to do it. We can't all think girls and palm trees all the time.

I'm not budging on my Byrd take though. As much as I like him and would want him here, I want him traded for draft picks. Not worth it for a FS with all the holes we have right now. We're not the 49ers, just one or two pieces away from a title here.

QBs always will get a little more, especially since this is guaranteed money.