Is Jim Kelly ill ?? (update - has cancer)

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know so much about Jim both good and bad. My run ins with him left a bad taste in my mouth but no one deserves cancer.

I HATE the "C" word with a passion after watching my husband die. Prayers to Jim and Jill. I use to lecture those men about

chewing tabacco.

I know so much about Jim both good and bad. My run ins with him left a bad taste in my mouth but no one deserves cancer.

I HATE the "C" word with a passion after watching my husband die. Prayers to Jim and Jill. I use to lecture those men about

chewing tabacco.

A Cindy sighting?

:o

Has anyone considered that the cause of Jimbo's cancer and Michael Douglas' could be the same?

Dr. Victor Cimino, chief of plastic and reconstructive surgery and chief of oral and maxillofacial surgery, Loyola University Health System (University at Buffalo School of Medicine graduate):

"Squamous-cell carcinoma is one of the common cancers that's seen intra-orally, unfortunately. Squamous-cell cancers are what you can get from smoking or drinking. But in younger folks, a lot of the spontaneous cases are happening now without any association from smoking or drinking and can be associated with the human papillomavirus.

chewing tabacco.

Hi Cindy!!!

You can always lecture me!

my life is too busy to read the wall especially with my new young male boss. He watches everything. HI EVERYONE

I hope to attend the tailgate. Fingers crossed.

I wish Jim a speedy recovery and another healthy 30 years of life. Now hes gonna win the big one, the one that really matters, more than any game ever played on earth. Get well soon Mr. Kelly. P.S. I wore my Jim Kelly jersey from 1993 last night, wore it with pride. Cancer better watch out, I heard Chuck Norris is having problems holding back Jim Kelly from kicking cancers ass.

I was actually surprised at how many surgeries he's had to go through in the last few years. He's full of plates and screws! I had thought he had got through relatively unscathed, but obviously not.

I was actually surprised at how many surgeries he's had to go through in the last few years. He's full of plates and screws! I had thought he had got through relatively unscathed, but obviously not.

QB's take such big shots...hard to expect to escape in complete good health.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

I lost my husband on Thanksgiving Day to cancer. Yes he was a smoker. When first diagnosed they gave him 12-18 months. But they hoped with experimental drugs he might get 5 years. From diagnosis to the end was 5 months. I'm still struggling with it. Every time something needs to be done that he used to do I'm now learning to deal with it. I always thought I was self-sufficent but after 29 years I am realizing how much I relied on him. I would never wish this on anyone. Any kind.

Prayers are with the Kelly family during this time.

my life is too busy to read the wall especially with my new young male boss. He watches everything. HI EVERYONE

I hope to attend the tailgate. Fingers crossed.

I really thought your first sentence was goint to take your post in a different direction. Good to "see" you stranger!

I lost my husband on Thanksgiving Day to cancer. Yes he was a smoker. When first diagnosed they gave him 12-18 months. But they hoped with experimental drugs he might get 5 years. From diagnosis to the end was 5 months. I'm still struggling with it. Every time something needs to be done that he used to do I'm now learning to deal with it. I always thought I was self-sufficent but after 29 years I am realizing how much I relied on him. I would never wish this on anyone. Any kind.

Wow, I couldn't be more sorry. God Bless you & your family.

Sincerely sorry for your loss.

May you meet again someday.

Cancer touched my family quite sadly, not too far after Norwood missed his kick. My Mom wasn't a big sports fan, not her a normal Bills backer herself spent her last few months alive after watching that happen. After the kick went wide right, my Mom began to cry. I looked at her in amazement & wondered why she would be so emotional. She basically spent the additional time in confusion after cleaning up & didn't say a lot after it happened. She had me laid down several years earlier to the event explaining that she had cancer & that she wasn't going to live all that much longer. Being younger, I wrote it off as impossible in denial.

She went in and out of the hospital for several years in-between & looked to be good when she and back for treatment, my brother preparing her new kitchen & bathroom she always wanted. Finally my brother got all done with those improvements & Mom passed never to come home to see them. She passed & every game I hoped for a better day to say look Mom we finally did won it.

Maybe some day, I'll get to hold a sign as an event to acknowledge that we finally did it & to RIP. You'll know me by that event event, being there for that moment. Someday she won't cry anymore for the Bills losing, based on my thinking she's still waiting for that day. We all have our battles to fight, mine is just a little farther away than I'd like to admit. I bet Jim's isn't that far off from mine, having something that simple in common.

Edited by mitchmurraydowntown

chewing tabacco.

Cindy,

You attended a couple of the HH Balls in Buffalo right?? I also am not sure he was a chewing tobacco user.

He had the perseverance to go to four straight super bowls, an illness of any kind has nothing on him. Best wishes, Jimbo.

As my good friend The Dean pointed out, this is not a Superbowl - so we should feel confident that Jim will win this one.

Please... before anyone flames me or The Dean for the joke, I was diagnosed 2 years ago with hepatocellular carcinoma, so Jim and I get to joke about this morbid stuff - sometimes it's humor that helps us throught it.

Like all of us - my prayers go out to Jim, Jill, Erin, and Camryn.

Hang tough Jim - the research and treatment get exponentially better every day....

19 and 0 baby!!!!! :beer:

GO BILLSSS!!!!!

Edited by The Senator

After I lost Larry 15 days after his 46 birthday and 5 days after mine the Dec 10th date haunted me. It was at least 5 years before I could go without crying. Hang in there. I have to hire a handyman to do all those things. Thank God he was friends with the furnace man. I went 6 months without heat before I knew it was broken. My advise is to find a handy man you can trust. Good Luck