Thank you all for your service

mrags

Memorial-Day.jpg

".... It is altogether fitting and proper that we should do this....

..That from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion.—that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain—that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom— and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth."

Abraham Lincoln

Edited by I_want_2_BILL_Lieve

I don't mean to be a total dick, but Memorial Day is for fallen soldiers. We thank the living ones on Veterans Day.

I'm not saying living vets don't deserve our respect. The true spirit of today's holiday is intended to reflect on those who have given their lives.

I don't mean to be a total dick, but Memorial Day is for fallen soldiers. We thank the living ones on Veterans Day.

I'm not saying living vets don't deserve our respect. The true spirit of today's holiday is intended to reflect on those who have given their lives.

ok, so then do we say the hell with the veterans for the day and just thank anyone that's had a family member or friend fall in battle?

Everyone, living and perished in the service should be honored everyday, but especially on Memorial and Veterans Day.

As a war veteran I apprecaite that the recognition my fallen brothers and sisters get. They paid the ultimate price for freedom. Rest in Peace my friends, a grateful nation thanks you. Veterans Day is a day of recognition for those who have served. Please don't mix this up!

ok, so then do we say the hell with the veterans for the day and just thank anyone that's had a family member or friend fall in battle?

Everyone, living and perished in the service should be honored everyday, but especially on Memorial and Veterans Day.

Okay... <_<

As a war veteran I apprecaite that the recognition my fallen brothers and sisters get. They paid the ultimate price for freedom. Rest in Peace my friends, a grateful nation thanks you. Veterans Day is a day of recognition for those who have served. Please don't mix this up!

:thumbsup:

Well, I guess I will apologize for any confusion. Please forgive my mistake. And thank you anyway.

Technically taC is correct, however I'm sure that a large majority of people also remember the living veterans on this day and they also remember the ones who lost their lives on Veterans Day.

On a personal note I want to thank all of those who sacrificed themselves over years and years of many different wars and conflicts that our country has been involved in.

It takes a special type of person to take on such a cause, and they should never be forgotten. For they are the real heroes of this country.

Technically taC is correct, however I'm sure that a large majority of people also remember the living veterans on this day and they also remember the ones who lost their lives on Veterans Day.

On a personal note I want to thank all of those who sacrificed themselves over years and years of many different wars and conflicts that our country has been involved in.

It takes a special type of person to take on such a cause, and they should never be forgotten. For they are the real heroes of this country.

i understand and agree.

Agreed!!

All the summer holidays are linked.

The Fourth of July is also a day where it's completely appropriate to honor service people of this country, past and present.

To me the 4th is a fun holiday and the other two are more somber. Not that we shouldn't enjoy ourselves but maybe do so reflectively and with a greater awareness.

Anyways, I often don't agree with the fights that this country picks but I have nothing but the utmost respect for those service people who are willing to put themselves in harm's way in performing their duties.

And this would be a good time to honor the memory of the only NFL player to die in Vietnam, awarded a Bronze Star and a Purple Heart, a true American hero, Bills Wall of Famer Bob Kalsu.

Man this thread completely did a 360, everyone always wants to show someone up.

Im active and i have fallen comrades, but the OP didnt offend me at all, i didnt even feel the need to correct him...... because a thanks, any thanks in this world we live in is appriciated.

Everyone enjoy their BBQ!

Man this thread completely did a 360, everyone always wants to show someone up.

Im active and i have fallen comrades, but the OP didnt offend me at all, i didnt even feel the need to correct him...... because a thanks, any thanks in this world we live in is appriciated.

Everyone enjoy their BBQ!

thank you again and glad you understood my point.

Exactly right.

Thank you for pointing it out that Memorial Day is a remembrance for those who have died in service.

It takesa special type of person to take on such a cause, and they should never be forgotten. For they are the real heroes of this country.

Well said!!

Well, I guess I will apologize for any confusion. Please forgive my mistake. And thank you anyway.

No need to apologize. Your heart was in the right place. and I thank you.

All gave some, some gave all.

In my own family, I have loved ones changed utterly by military service in WWII, Vietnam and the GWOT. I am so humbled and proud of their service.

Even my favorite uncle, who on the USS Midway in postwar Mediterranean ports, was "the Captain's pimp" because he spoke fluent French.

Semper Fi. Hoo Rah to all my lost brothers and sisters in arms and to those who have or are still serving;Protecting the ideals of this great nation and her people.

Oorah, it's Oorah.