The Bills cuts this year will be coveted

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly, reminds me of 12 months ago when so many people on here were talking playoffs after Mario signed here?

I have to admit I was one of them. Mario, Anderson and Fitiz recovered from his mysterious rib injury[was that ever officially confirmed?] Then the most disappointing loss of my life, season opener vs Jets.

1. Lindell will be signed by another team at some point as an injury replacement

2. A DT will be let go that will make another team and don't be surprised if it is Kyle Williams. He has no place in a 3-4 defense. And he has two bad wheels...

3. Brad Smith would likely be picked up

Don't see another player unless Troup or Carrington don't fit what Petine wants and they get a shot somewhere else

If A. Williams gets cut then he likely has bust written all over him and I doubt he makes another squad. He is an awful CB.

The roster might or might not be good. One thing that it is is unproven. That isn't the end of the world and unproven young tweams have come out of the gate and had very good seasons, and if Manuel or Kolb light up, we could have a very good season. However the roster is weak (unproven) on paper. If we cut cJ or Stevie I suppose many teams would jump on them, but I don't think anyone sees any of the drafted or undrafted rookies beating either one of them out of a job. I'm just not excited yet about this off-season or about this new GM and coach. They can easily excite me by winning a few games in September. I'm really hoping that they do.

Concur. Consider too how rare it is for rookie receivers to make any meaningful impact. Yet we are banking on 3 rookies at that position.

And add in a rookie TE to that pool!! Though the Colts showed last year that they can allow their rookie WRs and TEs to blossom if they have a QB to throw the ball.

Edited by ganesh

This team is the NFLs junk yard. I t is also the place that other coaches from around the league tell their players that they will send them to if they don't perform well in practice to motivate them.

More than any other year, I see teams watching the Bills cuts with a very keen eye. I see several positions that would be of interest to other teams such as DT, CB, WR, S. I think we're going to have to let some guys go that can play in this league. What say you?

I say you haven't a clue

More than any other year, I see teams watching the Bills cuts with a very keen eye. I see several positions that would be of interest to other teams such as DT, CB, WR, S. I think we're going to have to let some guys go that can play in this league. What say you?

If the Bills plan on cutting Stevie, Woods, Gilmore, Dareus, K. WIlliams, and Byrd, then yes, other teams will be very interested in our cuts.

If these are not the players you are referring to then... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

I have to admit I was one of them. Mario, Anderson and Fitiz recovered from his mysterious rib injury[was that ever officially confirmed?] Then the most disappointing loss of my life, season opener vs Jets.

Yes, it was confirmed by Fitz after the season, and a few others.

I think there will be at least one or two WR cuts who get quickly swiped up by other teams - as we now suddenly have a surplus of candidates. Easley and Brad Smith are the most likely candidates.

Does anyone outside of the Bills organization or their fans even know who Easley is?

Wasn't that a slap in the face. They threw optimism and the word "playoff" in your face and came out and looked pathetic against a bad team. Was like hitting a concrete wall and you knew it was another long season before game 1 was over.

1. Lindell will be signed by another team at some point as an injury replacement

2. A DT will be let go that will make another team and don't be surprised if it is Kyle Williams. He has no place in a 3-4 defense. And he has two bad wheels...

3. Brad Smith would likely be picked up

Don't see another player unless Troup or Carrington don't fit what Petine wants and they get a shot somewhere else

If A. Williams gets cut then he likely has bust written all over him and I doubt he makes another squad. He is an awful CB.

Exactly, I see Lindell, Williams and Smith as the only possible cuts that other teams will have much interest in. And all of them would be backups on other teams, not starters. If Williams is cut it will only be because his injuries have finally caught up with him, so he will be damaged goods

Edited by simpleman

Pro Bowlers Kamar Aiken and Derek Hagan salute you. I honestly thought these guys might be stronger contributors to the Bills the past couple of years. They certainly didn't catch on anywhere else and display undeniable talent.

Always thought Kamar Aiken looked great in preseason. Would've loved to see him get a shot in the regular season.