[OT] Official 24 thread

Just Jack

Anyone know if they ever repeat an episode of 24 (like on FX or something)? 6 minutes into the show last night and the power goes out until after 10pm! :doh:

I read the synopsis of the show on the website, but it's not the same. I would love to Tivo the episode if it's on again - anyone know?

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't making fun about the show, just pointing out the lack of realism for a supposidly reality-action show.  I saw the 2nd half of the show, and during that time I saw an assassin who had to open a door first before shooting those inside instead of shooting first and then opening the door after they were incapacitated, and a black ex-President.  There were probably other unrealistic aspects in the 1st half.  If you're implying racism your dead wrong.

319559[/snapback]

There is nothing "real" whatsoever about 24.

Who is Mandy?  Is she the one that took Tony hostage?  I don't remember her from season 1.    :doh:

338258[/snapback]

Yes, Mandy is the one who kidnapped Tony.

In season one she was the super-assassin who blew up the airliner and stole the Photographer's ID and then gave it to the bad guy. She was in the first handful of episodes in Season 1 and was bad ass.

She returned in Season 2 (she is basically a free lance assassin) and was the one who tried to kill President Palmer (by shaking his hand with the chemical agent on her palm).

Mandy has been in every season (except 3) and is a great bad guy...er girl.

In season one she was the super-assassin who blew up the airliner and stole the Photographer's ID and then gave it to the bad guy. She was in the first handful of episodes in Season 1 and was bad ass.

She returned in Season 2 (she is basically a free lance assassin) and was the one who tried to kill President Palmer (by shaking his hand with the chemical agent on her palm).

338317[/snapback]

huh. that is interesting. i have watched every episode each season and i never put that together.

Above all, the show never identifies who Mandy works for.

338327[/snapback]

Right. She once said something about she works for herself...which makes me wonder how much she really knows about Marwan and his plans. She seems more like a hired gun than a 'planner'. If that makes sense.

And in the Credit-Where-Credit-is-Due Department:

Buchanan asks where Richard Heller is. Chloe says, "It's 4 a.m. He's probably at home asleep in his bed."

Go Chloe!

And in the Credit-Where-Credit-is-Due Department:

Buchanan asks where Richard Heller is.  Chloe says, "It's 4 a.m.  He's probably at home asleep in his bed."

Go Chloe!

338379[/snapback]

i did catch that. :D

Is CTU not afraid the missle might be headed at them?

Seems like, if I were head of CTU, I might be considering this at least. You cant expect this is their last attack. Of course we know it because there is only 2 hours left, but What better way to create havoc is there than to destroy the people who are stoping the terrorists?

Secondly, as far as realism goes, and I have said this before, but Ill say it again...its 24. They are the ones who built this show up to be a show where every detail matters. Miss one episode and you are lost. They seem to go out of their way (at times) to make the show "Realistic" then they pull some of this stuff that is so out of left field, you wonder why they even try to make it seem real. If its pure fiction, so be it, but then there is too much reality involved.

Also, why in the world cant the president simply appoint presidnet palmer to VP? Seems like that would have solved that whole issue and freed up alot of airtime for other important things (like useless love afairs....another gripe I have...).

Oh, and just for reiteration....A CRITICAL REACTOR IS A GOOD THING!

338317[/snapback]

have you seen her in "the L word" on showtime? now THAT's an interesting show. :D

Sweet.  No way we don't see Jack facing some space aliens.

338700[/snapback]

Rumor was if Fox didn't pick up Arrested Development, Imagine was going to move both shows to HBO.

Personally I think 24 would be so much better on HBO (as would AD).

Is CTU not afraid the missle might be headed at them?

Seems like, if I were head of CTU, I might be considering this at least.  You cant expect this is their last attack.  Of course we know it because there is only 2 hours left, but What better way to create havoc is there than to destroy the people who are stoping the terrorists?

Also, why in the world cant the president simply appoint presidnet palmer to VP?  Seems like that would have solved that whole issue and freed up alot of airtime for other important things (like useless love afairs....another gripe I have...).

338559[/snapback]

I dunno ... Marwan keeps talking about making a statement to the American people. Wiping out one office building where one Government agency has an office doesn't seem to do it, although that's sort of what the Oklahoma City bombing was about. I briefly thought Marwan wouldn't detonate a nuke in the city he himself is in, but (a) he appears to have escape plans and (b) he may not mind being a martyr.

Appointing a VP requires the approval of the House of Representatives. Moreover, Logan is serving under the 25th Amendment because Keeler isn't dead. Section 4 of the 25th makes it clear the VP is only "Acting President." Keeler can reassume the presidency by sending a written declaration that he's fit to take office. The 25th Amendment doesn't provide for a temporary VP.

And all that aside, Keeler was the guy Palmer was running against in the last election. (There was actually a presidential debate on the day of Year 3.) Logan's not going to appoint a VP from the opposite political party.

I love this show and give it a lot of leeway in its attempts to be realistic. They may trip over things like the language to describe what happens at nuclear reactors or how to respond to the Chinese embassy, but they still try hard enough at things like the presidential line of succession (which the Speaker of the House jumped on this week).

Fairly decent end to the season. Just wondering how they'll bring Jack back next season.

343119[/snapback]

From the "Bill Bixby walking away-esc" last shot it seems as if he will be coming back as the Incredible Hulk. :w00t:

I thought the last episode rocked. I may be sappy, but, I'm glad things worked out for Michelle and Tony. What a whirlwind day that was. I was trying last night to remember all the characters who bit it since the first hour. The only one I can't remember the fate of was Baruz. I know his mom was killed, but what happened to him?

Finally, the person who had the roughest day had to be Audrey, She was kidnapped, watched her estranged husband get tortured, then die and then found out that Jack was dead, all that with no sleep for more than 24 hours (and she still looked pretty good when it was all over :doh: ).

Great finale. 24 is one of the more consistent shows on television.

It should be interesting to see how they bring Jack back next year. I have a feeling Mandy (Mia Kirshner) will be back and the Chinese storyline will part of next season plot.

the Chinese storyline will part of next season plot.

343131[/snapback]

this is what i was thinking. seems like they left a lot incomplete there. the only problem might be that each new season seems to begin 2 - 4 years after the previous season.

I now turn my full Television attention to "The Shield".

Great finale.  24 is one of the more consistent shows on television. 

It should be interesting to see how they bring Jack back next year.  I have a feeling Mandy (Mia Kirshner) will be back and the Chinese storyline will part of next season plot.

343131[/snapback]

I thought it was going to end with Jack dutifully being taken to some Chinese hell hole prison - then next season would start 3 yrs later with him being released after suffering 3 years of living hell, but never breaking. I liked this ending though too :doh:

Some of the stuff in this episode you could see from miles away - it was amazing they tried to build supsense with some of that stuff - knew right away that it wasn't Tony and the girl who got in the car, when they showed the close up of the phone getting shot you knew they were going to end up still getting some info off it etc. etc.

Shooting down the nuclear warhead was a bit anti-climatic - it still is kind of ridiculous that they wanted us to believe they couldn't find a nuclear missle flying over the US :w00t:

The best part of this season ending episode is that I won't have to see Audrey anymore. Let's hope next season they give Jack a hot girfriend - he deserves it after saving the world 3 times!