[OT] Official 24 thread

Just Jack

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, I had high hopes for this season after last season, but this bit with Jack in the store is beginning to make me wonder if I really want to sit through another season.

201037[/snapback]

I think this is the best start to a season they've yet had. Jack robbing the store was a perfect use of the show's format - it was actually in real time and every minute mattered. And Jack rushing against the clock to rescue the Secretary of Defense and his girlfriend is perfect too.

Only thing I didn't like tonight was Aisha Tyler because did we really need another evil woman character? Don't we have like 300 of those in the show's history already?

I think this season has been fantastic so far.

My only complaint was a weak ending for Episode 4. I was expecting a "bigger" ending than what was shown (I won't give a spoiler, but those of you that watched know what I mean).

I am a huge 24 fan and I can't wait for next monday!

To say the least I am not blown away by this season so far, but I am still addicted to the last minute scenarios they throw at you in the last few minutes of each episode.

201043[/snapback]

I was pretty blown away by Sunday night's episodes. Tonight's were a little more tempered. The robbery plotline definitely had its weaknesses.

The robbery plotline definitely had its weaknesses.

201151[/snapback]

Exactly my complaint. It seems there are times when they come up with a good one hour plotline, but then realize they need to fill two hours. So they just throw something in for filler and hope it works.

Is it just me or does Edgar seem like another Chloe?

201279[/snapback]

It's not just you. Each year they seem to find an annoying office character. Last year it was Chloe and before that it was the girl from Rosanne (who they killed off pretty early).

I tried watching it for the first time last night, since nothing else was on. It literally drags a story that could be told in a 2 hour show out into 24 hours. Talk about way too much filler. A suburban mother who asks her son to kill his friend? Is this Extreme Desperate Housewives? And that blonde chick on the computer who got arrested for helping Jack has a really disturbing looking face. Ugh! No thanks, I think I'll be reading next week.

I tried watching it for the first time last night, since nothing else was on.  It literally drags a story that could be told in a 2 hour show out into 24 hours.  Talk about way too much filler.  A suburban mother who asks her son to kill his friend?  Is this Extreme Desperate Housewives?  And that blonde chick on the computer who got arrested for helping Jack has a really disturbing looking face.  Ugh!  No thanks, I think I'll be reading next week.

201349[/snapback]

The blonde chick with the disturbing face is Chloe. If you were a fan of the show, you'd be used to her driving you up the wall.

The "suburban mother" is a sleeper cell terrorist so I don't think it's far-fetched that she's a little nuts.

The "suburban mother" is a sleeper cell terrorist so I don't think it's far-fetched that she's a little nuts.

I realize she's a terrorist, but it's a real stretch. It just panders to those that think we should be suspecious of all Arabs, even your neighbors.

I tried watching it for the first time last night, since nothing else was on.  It literally drags a story that could be told in a 2 hour show out into 24 hours.  Talk about way too much filler.  A suburban mother who asks her son to kill his friend?  Is this Extreme Desperate Housewives?  And that blonde chick on the computer who got arrested for helping Jack has a really disturbing looking face.  Ugh!  No thanks, I think I'll be reading next week.

201349[/snapback]

You really needed to see the first 2 hours on Sunday to understand some of what was going on last night. I tried to watch the first season after missing probably the first 10 episodes. This is one show that you can't just start watching in the middle.

You really needed to see the first 2 hours on Sunday to understand some of what was going on last night. I tried to watch the first season after missing probably the first 10 episodes. This is one show that you can't just start watching in the middle.

201490[/snapback]

True. If you miss the first two hours you might as well wait for the DVD. There are merits to watching on DVD all at once anyway. That's how I watched the first two seasons...marathon, cliff-hanger, jaw-dropping sessions all in one weekend. By Monday I was a burnt out zombie. I can't wait until next week.