Chad Johnson, aka Ochocinco, a wanted man

The judge was upstaged in court by Chad slapping his lawyer's fanny & decided that Chad queered the plea deal. The judge then proceeded on to sentencing Chad to 30 days in jail instead of the plea that Chad's lawyer worked to obtain.

The judge sounds like a MLB umpire.

Johnson should have received the jail time to begin with.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread is comedy.

EJ3 seriously it went right over your head.

Take a breath, chill out, re-read the OP, and the linked article again. Then read your post.

Then if you still get what happened. Well I can't help you.

Welcome to TBD.

Ahh....it was only 11 short months ago that TSW was fawning over that playful scamp with a big heart..,

Just a quality human being, regardless of what some might think of him on the field.

Dude can be a real clown sometimes but I don't think there's ever been a question about his heart.

I always got the impression that his attitude was more showmanship and less a representation of who he honestly is, myself.

The guy doesn't drink, doesn't do drugs, doesn't get arrested but he's always labeled as being a delinquent just because he likes to celebrate and likes to tweet like millions of other people in the world. Go figure.

I've always liked Chad. He is a quality guy.

They turn on you quick Chad!

Not to sound too tightly wound... But what was he in court for in the first place? Domestic battery. He really should have got his head out of his ass and NOT have done anything physical in front of a judge... ESPECIALLY a woman judge. I know... I know... But come on, just a simple slap on the ass right? Yeah, not if he is a domestic abuser!

Just my 2 cents...

Not to sound too tightly wound... But what was he in court for in the first place? Domestic battery. He really should have got his head out of his ass and NOT have done anything physical in front of a judge... ESPECIALLY a woman judge. I know... I know... But come on, just a simple slap on the ass right? Yeah, not if he is a domestic abuser!

Just my 2 cents...

yea, you are entirely too tightly wound for implying it somehow tied to violent behavior or physicality. He shouldve known better because it was simply a court room and not a place for jokes. that said, it shouldnt be a situation that makes a difference on a 30 day jail stay. hopefully for the sake of common sense and reason they let him sit overnight and let him out in the morning, at the very most.

Just my 2 cents...

That's the problem with him. He thinks everything is a joke. Watching him on Hard Knocks, I would have hated to coach him. It's all about him. Hope he learns his lesson and I love that the judge did this.

That's the problem with him. He thinks everything is a joke. Watching him on Hard Knocks, I would have hated to coach him. It's all about him. Hope he learns his lesson and I love that the judge did this.

I hear you... Not bad to joke around, but get real and realize where one is! Slapping on the ass in a court room and in there for domestic battery... Not advisable! It is still the judges playground. Get your sh*t together and act serious for once!

I hear you... Not bad to joke around, but get real and realize where one is! Slapping on the ass in a court room and in there for domestic battery... Not advisable! It is still the judges playground. Get your sh*t together and act serious for once!

Yep!

yea, you are entirely too tightly wound for implying it somehow tied to violent behavior or physicality. He shouldve known better because it was simply a court room and not a place for jokes. that said, it shouldnt be a situation that makes a difference on a 30 day jail stay. hopefully for the sake of common sense and reason they let him sit overnight and let him out in the morning, at the very most.

He was already in violation of parole and as the judge pointed out, he was facing up to a year.

My guess is that the Public Defender would be lucky to get only 30 days for one of his clients in this situation.

He was already in violation of parole and as the judge pointed out, he was facing up to a year.

My guess is that the Public Defender would be lucky to get only 30 days for one of his clients in this situation.

then he shouldve been serving the time regardless of playful joke.

this should not be the gap between walking out or 30 days

Ahh....it was only 11 short months ago that TSW was fawning over that playful scamp with a big heart..,

They turn on you quick Chad!

I have little regard for Chad Johnson as a person. He is an immature and irresponsible person whose life is in shambles because of his own recklessness. But the response he received from the judge for the tap on his attorney was simply outrageous. The judge was very irritated by the laughter of the crowd after he tapped his attorney. He didn't do it to show disrespect to the judge or the court. He didn't tap his attorney to get a response from the people in the court. The judge told Ocho that he should be very thankful that his attorney worked out a favorable plea deal that kept him out of jail. That is when he tapped his attorney.

From what I observed from the clip it was the judge who acted in a very injudicious way. She exercised poor judgment and abused her authority by sending him to jail for behavior that was harmless. When I first heard the story about the judge rejecting the plea agreement I thought that it was for improper behavior in court. From what I saw from the that clip he didn't exhibit any inapproprite behavior or disrespect toward the court. This is a case where the judge should be sanctioned by the legal reviewing authorities for intemperate and injudicious behavior.

Even jackasses should be treated fairly in court. He wasn't in this case. It is a travesty.

Edited by JohnC

I have little regard for Chad Johnson as a person. He is an immature and irresponsible person whose life is in shambles because of his own recklessness. But the response he received from the judge for the tap on his attorney was simply outrageous. The judge was very irritated by the laughter of the crowd after he tapped his attorney. He didn't do it to show disrespect to the judge or the court. He didn't tap his attorney to get a response from the people in the court. The judge told Ocho that he should be very thankful that his attorney worked out a favorable plea deal that kept him out of jail. That is when he tapped his attorney.

From what I observed from the clip it was the judge who acted in a very injudicious way. She exercised poor judgment and abused her authority by sending him to jail for behavior that was harmless. When I first heard the story about the judge rejecting the plea agreement I thought that it was for improper behavior in court. From what I saw from the that clip he didn't exhibit any inapproprite behavior or disrespect toward the court. This is a case where the judge should be sanctioned by the legal reviewing authorities for intemperate and injudicious behavior.

Even jackasses should be treated fairly in court. He wasn't in this case. It is a travesty.

slightly more outraged in tone than me, but roughly the point i was making. he screwed around, but not in a way that should ever have the effect that it did (assuming she doesnt let him out after a few hours)

slightly more outraged in tone than me, but roughly the point i was making. he screwed around, but not in a way that should ever have the effect that it did (assuming she doesnt let him out after a few hours)

I have a slightly different take on the court scene (at least from what I saw from the clip). He wasn't messing around or acting inappropriately in court. The judge made the comment that he should be very appreciative that his attorney worked out a deal that was favorable to him. That is when he tapped his attorney. He wasn't trying to show up the judge or the court. He responded to the judge's comments that his attorney did a good job for him. He was not smiling or exhibiting any behavior that was inappropriate. The judge got very upset with the laughing in the court. She should have admonished the people in the court, not tear up the plea deal and send him to jail.

Before I saw the clip I and heard the initial reporting of the court scene I assumed that Johnson behaved inappropriately and got himself remanded to jail, an indignity that he richly deserved. But when I watched the clip and saw his demeanor before the judge reacted I didn't see him do anything wrong.

As I previously stated just because you are a jerk that doesn't mean that you shouldn't be treated fairly in a court of law. In my opinion the judge used poor judgement and acted in a very unprofessional manner.

Edited by JohnC

then he shouldve been serving the time regardless of playful joke.

this should not be the gap between walking out or 30 days

Again... I am tightly wound on this. A domestic offender should NOT be using his hands in any way shape or form to slap anybody... He does not get a pass on this like you or I would. His creds are in the garbage, playful or not. The guy is an convicted abuser. And a dumbass for not realizing it!

Again... I am tightly wound on this. A domestic offender should NOT be using his hands in any way shape or form to slap anybody... He does not get a pass on this like you or I would. His creds are in the garbage, playful or not. The guy is an convicted abuser. And a dumbass for not realizing it!

agree to disagree. to impart any even hint of violent nature could be twisted into his actions is totally inappropriate. your acting as if patting him on the back (or in this case butt) is somehow a joking form of a slap - its not. it has no business being even suggested that it could be construed to be. its silly to pretend the two are related. and i think it has nothing to do with the judges reaction. the judge was trying to make a serious point and thought he was making a fool of her by joking around.

agree to disagree. to impart any even hint of violent nature could be twisted into his actions is totally inappropriate. your acting as if patting him on the back (or in this case butt) is somehow a joking form of a slap - its not. it has no business being even suggested that it could be construed to be. its silly to pretend the two are related. and i think it has nothing to do with the judges reaction. the judge was trying to make a serious point and thought he was making a fool of her by joking around.

Fair enough. He gets no benny of doubt. Nada. I understand what po'd the judge. Just saying it is unacceptable in other ways too. Just not appropiate for him. Others yes. Judge was not amused. And rightly so.

He slaps when he is glad.

He slaps when he is sad.

He slaps when he is MAD!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois